More Mahoosive Spiders :S

Aidan Brack

Sep 23, 2002, 4:54:59 PM9/23/02
Just turned on the PC, put Win MX on and I reach up to my Doctor Who
shelf to get Shadow of the Scourge down (oh - the bitter irony if you
see the cover) to put onto my CD player when suddenly this big bastard
of a spider (big as my hand) leaps onto my upper arm and crawls down
my arm, over my knuckles to meander off over the desk and onto the
floor.
The little bugger paused by a feather duster - the fool. I grabbed the
first thing that came to hand "The Penguin Ultimate Trivia Quiz Game
Book" and laid into the bastard-spider before sucking it up (with a
vacuum cleaner nozzle).
I hate spiders... A few weeks back I'd left the window open in my room
and had put some toothpaste on a brush but had been called away to the
phone. Come back and I discover that a garden spider had in the
meantime ran along my wall and had somewhat stupidly decided to
investigate the white pastey thing on the bristles - then got himself
stuck on it.
There's no point to this post... I just want to share my pain! :(

Aidan
--
Aidan Brack (http://www.cosmichobo.co.uk)

Steve Brooks

Sep 23, 2002, 5:47:26 PM9/23/02
Aidan Brack wrote:

> Just turned on the PC, put Win MX on and I reach up to my Doctor Who
> shelf to get Shadow of the Scourge down (oh - the bitter irony if you
> see the cover) to put onto my CD player when suddenly this big bastard
> of a spider (big as my hand) leaps onto my upper arm and crawls down
> my arm, over my knuckles to meander off over the desk and onto the
> floor.

Sounds like DTs to me.

--
SB

Ian Salsbury

Sep 23, 2002, 9:39:05 PM9/23/02

> I hate spiders...

I`m quite fond of them myself. Always remember being stung by a wasp for the
first time ( back when I`d have been about 9 or 10 ) and it bloody hurt.
When I went back to where the incident had occured after getting some
anti-sting stuff, a wasp ( I always like to thing it was the same one ) was
all entwined in a spiders web ready to be devoured. Always had a soft spot
for them ever since. Although I must admit I wouldn`t want to be around when
my tarantula owning mate lets his said pet out for a roam about ( which he
often does! )

-Ian-

Simon Jones

Sep 23, 2002, 7:43:33 PM9/23/02

"Aidan Brack" <aidan...@whsmithnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Just turned on the PC, put Win MX on and I reach up to my Doctor Who
> shelf to get Shadow of the Scourge down (oh - the bitter irony if you
> see the cover) to put onto my CD player when suddenly this big bastard
> of a spider (big as my hand)

Actually as big as your hand?

What kind? Thick body, or pin head body? Long legs, short legs? Fat legs,
thin legs? Fangs?

> leaps onto my upper arm and crawls down
> my arm, over my knuckles to meander off over the desk and onto the
> floor.

If a spider the size of my hand crawled over said hand, I would most
probably scream and reflexively leap backwards about 10 ft and become
attached to the opposite wall, Spider-Man style.

> The little bugger paused by a feather duster - the fool. I grabbed the
> first thing that came to hand "The Penguin Ultimate Trivia Quiz Game
> Book" and laid into the bastard-spider before sucking it up (with a
> vacuum cleaner nozzle).

I made a joke about a Penguin book once in an essay.

> phone. Come back and I discover that a garden spider had in the
> meantime ran along my wall and had somewhat stupidly decided to
> investigate the white pastey thing on the bristles - then got himself
> stuck on it.

Heh. That's just funny. :)

smj

Aidan Brack

Sep 24, 2002, 5:19:46 AM9/24/02
"Simon Jones" <Keenafilmsho...@btopenworld.com> stood at the
top of the abyss on Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:43:33 +0100 and whispered
something akin to the following:

>> Just turned on the PC, put Win MX on and I reach up to my Doctor Who
>> shelf to get Shadow of the Scourge down (oh - the bitter irony if you
>> see the cover) to put onto my CD player when suddenly this big bastard
>> of a spider (big as my hand)
>
>Actually as big as your hand?
>
>What kind? Thick body, or pin head body? Long legs, short legs? Fat legs,
>thin legs? Fangs?

Tiny body - really airstreamed. Long legs. Thin. Didn't see fangs.

>> leaps onto my upper arm and crawls down
>> my arm, over my knuckles to meander off over the desk and onto the
>> floor.
>
>If a spider the size of my hand crawled over said hand, I would most
>probably scream and reflexively leap backwards about 10 ft and become
>attached to the opposite wall, Spider-Man style.

Yes - but I just froze and shivered.

>> The little bugger paused by a feather duster - the fool. I grabbed the
>> first thing that came to hand "The Penguin Ultimate Trivia Quiz Game
>> Book" and laid into the bastard-spider before sucking it up (with a
>> vacuum cleaner nozzle).
>
>I made a joke about a Penguin book once in an essay.

Yes - suprisingly aerodynamic for such a big book. :D

>> phone. Come back and I discover that a garden spider had in the
>> meantime ran along my wall and had somewhat stupidly decided to
>> investigate the white pastey thing on the bristles - then got himself
>> stuck on it.
>
>Heh. That's just funny. :)

Yes... Still fuckin' freaky! ;)

John Duffey

Sep 24, 2002, 7:20:09 AM9/24/02
In article <3d902dd...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>,

Aidan Brack <aidan...@whsmithnet.co.uk> wrote:
> >I made a joke about a Penguin book once in an essay.

> Yes - suprisingly aerodynamic for such a big book. :D

Especially considering penguins don't fly.

Perhaps you meant hydrodynamic.

John

frothie

Sep 24, 2002, 10:03:25 AM9/24/02
"Aidan Brack" <aidan...@whsmithnet.co.uk> wrote in message

| There's no point to this post... I just want to share my pain! :(
|
| Aidan
| --

That's just creepy......say what's that on your arm now?

Made ya look. :)

But really I understand your pain & trauma. I went to a wedding this past
Saturday, that was held in a small town outside in someone's back yard. Oh
sure sounds beautiful until you see the Mahoosive Mosquitoes flittering
around inside the tent that was put up for the reception. They were big
fuckers too. long legs, big bodies. I even said to someone look at them
mahoosive mosquitoes!! (yes I used that word, see what you people have
started?) Their response was oh the big ones don't bite. I said oh really
is there a sign for mosquitoes that says you must be this big to bite? And
there is the ever present threat of the West Nile Virus being carried by
these insect vampires......yeeeeeeesh

I tell ya, between the mahoosive mosquitoes, bees & wasps and caterpillars,
I was VERY happy to get back to the city & it's pollution.

cathie