V40 brakes - poor braking for a minute in morning.

tckim

Nov 24, 2004, 5:43:14 AM11/24/04
Recently purchased 2001 model.Very poor braking effeciency on cold startup
lasting less than 1 minute or 500 yards.Service centre changed a vacume
hose with no improvement.
Also rear left door will sometimes not open from outside but always open
from inside.

Bonnet Lock

Nov 24, 2004, 6:30:01 AM11/24/04
tckim <tehch...@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:

What do you want us to do about it?
--
Cheers,
Bonnet Lock

Plain Bob

Nov 24, 2004, 8:50:54 AM11/24/04

"tckim" <tehch...@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message

How interesting.

Perry Noid

Nov 24, 2004, 11:37:18 AM11/24/04
don't know about the door, but a friend had a similar problem with brakes in
his Audi.... Very weak for the first few minutes, but then seemed normal.
Found out it was a vacuum leak in the hose from the brake booster to the
intake manifold... guess it took a little while for the vacuum to build up
enough to give good braking action. Suggest you have that part of the system
checked.... if they replaced a hose, that might be the area, but perhaps
they didn't do it right????

Ron

Nov 24, 2004, 6:27:27 PM11/24/04

Check with volvo I think there is a recall about water getting into a
vacuum pump that messes with the brakes. Good luck.

Robert MacTurk

Nov 25, 2004, 6:32:45 AM11/25/04
I took my '01 S40 (85K miles) in to the dealer and they had 3 recalls on my
car - one of them was for the brake booster. They should all be done as
warranty service. I also had a software upgrade, that one cost me.
"Ron" <wie...@verizon.net> wrote in message

---