Hill Holder

TedHarbit

Jul 18, 2001, 11:48:01 PM7/18/01
Anyone have one of these or know of any for a '63 Lark. Would like to have the
whole set up.

Ted

JETman

Jul 19, 2001, 12:23:54 PM7/19/01
Ted, I have a nos cylinder that you are welcome to.

--
Regards,

JT (Residing in Austin, Texas)

Home of the Annual Spam-O-Rama Festival!!!

Bo Markham

Jul 19, 2001, 6:49:55 PM7/19/01
Ted,

I have a complete kit in the following numbers:

AC-3346 (w/SBS, less PB and DB)
AC-3347 (w/PB, lessDB)

Bo...

Henry Walter

Jul 19, 2001, 8:35:02 PM7/19/01
Ted,
There is one on E-bay now. I don't know if it is the one you need or not.

Henry
Bo Markham <mark...@centraltx.net> wrote in message

Joe Woody Woodpecker

Jul 22, 2001, 11:42:52 PM7/22/01
I know where I can get several, however the set up is simple. Just need
to know if your 63 will handle it. They only work on a manual
transmission. Is there the added holes in the clutch rod that operates
the clutch? If you are installing a hill holder as a new unit, be sure
it fits or you might even wing up with other problems. Try calling
Steve at 303-789-2586 at D&L Auto Salvage M-F, 8-5.

TedHarbit wrote

Anyone have one of these or know of any for a '63 Lark. Would like to
have the whole set up.
Ted

--
Woody

cjday...@home.com

Jul 23, 2001, 8:06:03 PM7/23/01
Woodwor...@webtv.net (Joe "Woody" Woodpecker) wrote:
> I know where I can get several, however the set up is simple. Just need
> to know if your 63 will handle it. They only work on a manual
> transmission.

I had one on a '55 President with an automatic tranny.
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service

Paul

Jul 27, 2001, 5:05:22 AM7/27/01
Automatic transmissions used an anti-creap which is different from a
Hill-Holder. For the true Hill-Holder you need to have a clutch pedal
linkage to make it work so that as you let the clutch out it disengages. The
anti-creep relies on a switch on the accelerator linkage that is released
when the accelerator pedal is applied. A spring in the anti-creep solenoid
releases the pressure in the braking system. The anti-creep will work even
if you are or were on a down slope. The Hill-Holder only works if you are
going uphill. A steel ball in the unit is allowed to roll backward against a
small rubber seal preventing the brake fluid from returning to the master
cylinder when the cluch is depressed and the brakes are applied.

Paul Villforth
<cjday...@home.com> wrote in message

Joe Woody Woodpecker

Jul 28, 2001, 11:18:35 AM7/28/01
cjdaytonjr wrote:

XI had one on a '55 President with an automatic tranny. Chip

That's the biggest BS story I ever heard. You probably don't even know
how they work. There is a rod attached to the clutch throw out bearing
rod which actuates the hill holder. The automatic transmission didn't
have a clutch. When the hill holder is actuated, a ball rolls in a
three bar cage proventing the brake fluid from returning to the MC.
Many automatics that Studebaker built had anti-creep built into them,
but it was not a hill holder.

--
Woody

cjday...@home.com

Jul 28, 2001, 12:26:42 PM7/28/01
Woodwor...@webtv.net (Joe "Woody" Woodpecker) wrote:

Gee, Woody, thanks for pointing that out in such a judicious manner.

BondoBill1

Jul 28, 2001, 2:06:15 PM7/28/01
>Gee, Woody, thanks for pointing that out in such a judicious manner.

He is Nick Tosie - but grown up.

Oldcarfart

Jul 28, 2001, 5:50:09 PM7/28/01

>>Gee, Woody, thanks for pointing that out in such a judicious manner.

Give Ol' pecker a break, eh??? his Stude was broke and all he had to ride was
his menstrual cycle.

JETman

Jul 28, 2001, 6:14:25 PM7/28/01

Stop It!!! My stomach is hurtin' from ROFLMAO........

--
Regards,

JT (Residing in Austin, Texas)

Just Tooling Down The Internet Superhighway With my G4.......

Dave Lester

Jul 28, 2001, 6:16:40 PM7/28/01
> He is Nick Tosie - but grown up.

Seems we have three now. A Senior, a mid-life, and a Jr.
--
Dave Lester
and the, "Ain't this the pits?" Crew

Oldcarfart

Jul 28, 2001, 7:26:58 PM7/28/01

>> He is Nick Tosie - but grown up.
>
>Seems we have three now. A Senior, a mid-life, and a Jr.
>--

sorta like the Meeoff Brothers (Manny, Moe & Jack) <G>

BigRed

Jul 28, 2001, 8:59:42 PM7/28/01
I was surprised to read that Bendix developed the NoRol device (Hill
Holder), because I just checked the casting name on the bottom of the
NoRol on my very original (16,000 miles) 1937 Dictator and the casting
reads: "Wagner". My 1937 Dictator also has Lockheed Wagner brakes.
Because of this, and since the Hill Holder was introduced in 1936, I
assumed it was developed by Wagner.

JETman

Jul 28, 2001, 10:02:02 PM7/28/01

Dave Lester wrote:

> > He is Nick Tosie - but grown up.
>
> Seems we have three now. A Senior, a mid-life, and a Jr.
> --
> Dave Lester

Ain't it amazing? Sometimes the ng can be fun! Other times, everyone
gits bent outta shape.

Of course, on occasion, I do like to pour just a little gasoline onna fire...

<G>

Nathan Nagel

Jul 28, 2001, 10:10:13 PM7/28/01

Nah, Tosie is way better in my book than those guys. At least he
doesn't come by and f up my car... or give me shit when I try to get
parts... or ask stupid questions like "are you sure you have a
(whatever car I'm trying to get parts for)? We don't show that in our
computer..."

nate

Jeff Rice

Jul 28, 2001, 11:26:21 PM7/28/01
First no-roll I ever saw was a big stick in the spokes of a wagon wheel.
Some Roman dude was double parked talkin' to some Egyptian chick.
Jeff ( and she was a real bitch, too....) Rice

"BigRed" <dan...@uwplatt.edu> wrote in message

Stdbkr1955

Jul 28, 2001, 11:34:00 PM7/28/01
But that would make you as old as Calvin.

Mickey, boyamigoingtopayforthisone, Prankas

Sam Roberts

Jul 28, 2001, 11:43:59 PM7/28/01
Damn, I wish I'd thought of that!

Sam (humor is subjective I guess)

"Jeff Rice" <DEEPNHO...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Oldcarfart

Jul 29, 2001, 8:22:20 AM7/29/01
>Subject: Re: Hill Holder
>From: stdbk...@aol.com (Stdbkr1955)

>But that would make you as old as Calvin.
>
>Mickey, boyamigoingtopayforthisone, Prankas

If I had feelings I could be hurt <G>