Sludge-Maintenance manual interval changes

Philip®

Dec 16, 2003, 7:45:59 PM12/16/03
In news:c5ef7dc0.03121...@posting.google.com,
Daniel M. Dreifus <nospam...@yahoo.com> being of bellicose mind
posted:
> "Jason James" <fl...@byplane.com> wrote in message
> > If additives which removed sludge really worked, there would be
> > a lot of engines with blocked oil-filters.
>
> Check auto-rx.com.
> They require installing a new oil filter, running with their
> product for a few hundred miles and then changing it. For Camry
> V-6, repeat again.
> Not solvent based where it all releases at once, but similar
> chemistry to synthetics, so works best with conventional motor oil
> during treatment period.
> I never had sludge, but advertised to remove varnish from piston
> ring lands, and from the surface of engine seals.
> Cheap enough to try. Seems safe enough. Haven't seen any negative
> feedback from anyone who has actually_used_ the product,

Will SOMEBODY who ACTUALLY intends to use AutoRX ... PLEASE pop off a
valve cover and take a picture of the valve train. Then follow the
treatment directions and then ..... take another picture of the same
valve train FOR COMPARISON .... and POST THOSE PICTURES.

Thanks. ;^)
--

* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know"
-Bing Crosby

and some
> quite positive feedback from folks who get obsessed about engine
> oil. To me it was always interesting that the original market was
> for cleaning commercial printing presses.
> Jason, if you still have residual sludge in your engine, read the
> site information and form your own opinion.

Curtis Newton

Dec 16, 2003, 8:47:21 PM12/16/03

>Will SOMEBODY who ACTUALLY intends to use AutoRX ... PLEASE pop off a
>valve cover and take a picture of the valve train. Then follow the
>treatment directions and then ..... take another picture of the same
>valve train FOR COMPARISON .... and POST THOSE PICTURES.

Already been done:

http://rms13.com/

>Thanks. ;^)

You are welcome.

-
--
Curtis Newton
cne...@remove-me.akaMail.com

Philip®

Dec 16, 2003, 9:34:54 PM12/16/03
In news:ocdvtvcg1hrdvcabm...@4ax.com,
Curtis Newton <cne...@remove-me.akamail.com> being of bellicose mind
posted:

> > Will SOMEBODY who ACTUALLY intends to use AutoRX ... PLEASE pop
> > off a valve cover and take a picture of the valve train. Then
> > follow the treatment directions and then ..... take another
> > picture of the same valve train FOR COMPARISON .... and POST
> > THOSE PICTURES.
> >

> Already been done:
>
> http://rms13.com/

Chris: Thank You!! I looked over all the photos. Of particular
interest were images (Before) preARX10 and (After at 2000 miles)
DSCF0005. This engine while varnished is not "sludged" up with the
kind of goop that would burry all but the cams and drive chain from
view. There is some -varnish- removal from using the product.

Since hearing of this product about year ago, I emailed AutoRx asking
for "same engine" progress photos. The official response I received
was very defensive and a put-off. "Same engine" progress photos make
a much better testimonial.

Tegger®

Dec 17, 2003, 8:32:17 AM12/17/03
"Philip®" <1chip-...@earthlink.net.invalid> spake unto the masses in

> In news:ocdvtvcg1hrdvcabm...@4ax.com,
> Curtis Newton <cne...@remove-me.akamail.com> being of bellicose mind
> posted:
>> > Will SOMEBODY who ACTUALLY intends to use AutoRX ... PLEASE pop
>> > off a valve cover and take a picture of the valve train. Then
>> > follow the treatment directions and then ..... take another
>> > picture of the same valve train FOR COMPARISON .... and POST
>> > THOSE PICTURES.
>> >

>> Already been done:
>>
>> http://rms13.com/
>
> Chris: Thank You!! I looked over all the photos. Of particular
> interest were images (Before) preARX10 and (After at 2000 miles)
> DSCF0005. This engine while varnished is not "sludged" up with the
> kind of goop that would burry all but the cams and drive chain from
> view. There is some -varnish- removal from using the product.

Very interesting. rms13.com no longer seems to exist, so I am unable to see
those pictures. Go to www.google.com, type in rms13.com and see what it
gives you.

Do you think this ARX10 stuff would fix the engine shown here?
http://www.tegger.com/nosludge.html

--
TeGGeR®

Philip®

Dec 17, 2003, 11:21:35 AM12/17/03
In news:Xns945456F9111...@207.14.113.17,
Tegger® <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> being of

Tegger: My ol Prizm got oil changes in the 4-5k mile range.... not
3k miles. Minor point.

The GOOPED engine view contributed by MDT Rick is the kind of sludge
accumulation (forget the varnish) I would like to test AutoRX.

Your Honda is the sort of example (very very mild) that AutoRx might
be effective against. BUT.... the level of varnish present in your
Honda is in NO way detrimental at the level shown.

BigJo...@mailcity.com

Dec 17, 2003, 12:40:42 PM12/17/03
Why should sludge removal be necessary on a vehicle that has
under 70K on the clock that had normal warranty required oil
changes? Do manufacture generally suggest that be done on two or
three year old vehicles?

mike hunt

Philip®

Dec 17, 2003, 1:11:42 PM12/17/03
In news:3FE0951A...@mailcity.com,
BigJo...@mailcity.com <BigJo...@mailcity.com> being of bellicose

> Why should sludge removal be necessary on a vehicle that has

> under 70K on the clock that had normal warranty required oil
> changes? Do manufacture generally suggest that be done on two or
> three year old vehicles?
>
> mike hunt

Oil servicing appropriate to the operating conditions will preclude
sludge formation ... exclusive of a mechanical or materials
deficiency. Need I point out again that motorcycles do not sludge up
and do not have positive crankcase ventilation systems. Sludge is
therefor a result of operating with contaminated oil for extended
periods.

Scot

Dec 17, 2003, 2:08:02 PM12/17/03
Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me today.

Scot

Tegger®

Dec 17, 2003, 5:47:43 PM12/17/03

> Tegger: My ol Prizm got oil changes in the 4-5k mile range.... not
> 3k miles. Minor point.

Will fix that. Planning major overhaul of site.

--
TeGGeR®

Tegger®

Dec 17, 2003, 7:18:02 PM12/17/03
rsca...@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in

> Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me today.

That site is DOWN. Anyobody still able to view it is pulling the files off
their ISP's caching servers.

rms13.com is not currently associated with any IP address, which usually
means one of three things:
1) The registarnt did not pay his DNS bill (if billed for that separately)
or
2) The registrant didn't pay his domain rent (not the case here)
or
3) The operators of the Web site at that IP address have committed
violations of the Terms of Service Agreement of whichever company had
hosted it last and have been cut off.

I vote for #3. These guys probably also spamvertise G*e*n*e*r*i*c
V*i*a*g*r*a and P*e*n*i*S P*i*l*l*S. They're scum.

They may be back up again within days, with a new IP address and hosting
company.

--
TeGGeRŽ

Tegger®

Dec 17, 2003, 7:20:38 PM12/17/03
rsca...@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in

> Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me today.

FURTHERMORE:

The registrant info for rms13.com is bogus:

Registrant:
a b
3108 nonyabiz
south, Louisiana 72020
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: RMS13.COM
Created on: 29-Jun-03
Expires on: 29-Jun-04
Last Updated on: 29-Jun-03

GoDaddy is notorious for being popular with spammers. Sort of tells ya
something about this snake-oil being peddled to you through rms13.com.

--
TeGGeR®

C. E. White

Dec 18, 2003, 1:21:52 AM12/18/03

"PhilipŽ" wrote:

> Need I point out again that motorcycles do not sludge up
> and do not have positive crankcase ventilation systems.

How do four stroke motorcycles ventilate the crankcase? Even Briggs and
Stratton engines have a crude form of positive crankcase ventilation (at
least the later ones). I would have thought that emission requirements
would have forced some sort of crankcase ventilation system on four
stroke engines (but not necessarily 2 stroke engines). A quick Google
search reveals that at least a few motorcycles do have PCV valves.

Ed

Philip®

Dec 18, 2003, 9:55:47 AM12/18/03
In news:3FE1477F...@mindspring.com,
C. E. White <cewh...@mindspring.com> being of bellicose mind posted:

Sorry Ed... no motorcycles have a positive crankcase ventilation
valve, with the exception of BMW boxers and Italian twins. These
particular motorcycles use a reed valve to take advantage of violent
pressure/vacuum cycles in the crankcase to move blowby into the air
box between the air filter and the carburetor... a variation on
passive ventilation system. A positive crankcase ventilation system
is distinguished by a variable air flow valve (rated in CFM) directly
connecting the engine crankcase to the intake manifold which (with
the engine running) positively facilitates air movement from the
former to the latter.

Motorcycles, some older Toyota 4 cylinder engines, and your
Briggs/Stratton example do not have a PCV valve system. The system
they use is passive ... requiring the crankcase to pressurize
slightly in order to facilitate crankcase blowby to move into the
intake air stream on the atmosphere side of the throttle.

MDT Tech®

Dec 18, 2003, 10:53:19 PM12/18/03
C. E. White wrote:

> How do four stroke motorcycles ventilate the crankcase? Even Briggs and
> Stratton engines have a crude form of positive crankcase ventilation (at
> least the later ones). I would have thought that emission requirements
> would have forced some sort of crankcase ventilation system on four
> stroke engines (but not necessarily 2 stroke engines). A quick Google
> search reveals that at least a few motorcycles do have PCV valves.
>
> Ed

Ed, they just dump it to atmosphere on my 4 stroke dirt bike.

--

SENATOR ZELL MILLER DEMOCRAT OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent
conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for

The next five years "will determine the kind of world my children and
grandchildren will live in," Miller said in an interview. And he
wouldn't "trust" any of the nine Democratic presidential candidates with
governing during "that crucial period," he said. "This Democrat will
vote for President Bush in 2004."

Philip®

Dec 19, 2003, 1:30:07 AM12/19/03
In news:PCuEb.10053$Pg1....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net,
MDT Tech® <ssau...@repairman.com> being of bellicose mind posted:

> C. E. White wrote:
> >
> > How do four stroke motorcycles ventilate the crankcase? Even
> > Briggs and Stratton engines have a crude form of positive
> > crankcase ventilation (at least the later ones). I would have
> > thought that emission requirements would have forced some sort
> > of crankcase ventilation system on four stroke engines (but not
> > necessarily 2 stroke engines). A quick Google search reveals
> > that at least a few motorcycles do have PCV valves.
> >
> > Ed
>

> Ed, they just dump it to atmosphere on my 4 stroke dirt bike.

Shame on those dirty bikes.

Curtis Newton

Dec 19, 2003, 1:04:42 PM12/19/03
On 18 Dec 2003 00:20:38 GMT, "Tegger®"
<teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote:

>rsca...@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in
>
>> Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me today.
>>

>FURTHERMORE:
>
>The registrant info for rms13.com is bogus:

The site is working now (19 December 2003; 11:03am MST).....when I did
a 'whereisip' lookup, he still has the same registry data andthe site
is working.

I will pull down some photos tonight from the site if you still can't
get to it. Let me know.

I will tell you, on bobistheoilguy.com forum, he was tired of seeing
all of the praise about the AutoRX product and decided to run a test
of his own.

He lays out the story on the web site.

I don't know the guy, but based upon his early posting, I believe what
he did.

Curtis Newton

Dec 19, 2003, 1:06:09 PM12/19/03
On 18 Dec 2003 00:18:02 GMT, "Tegger®"
<teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote:

>rsca...@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in
>
>> Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me today.
>>

>That site is DOWN. Anyobody still able to view it is pulling the files off
>their ISP's caching servers.

Can you get to the photo gallery:

http://www.rms13.com/gallery/

Tegger®

Dec 19, 2003, 3:17:11 PM12/19/03
Curtis Newton <cne...@remove-me.akamail.com> spake unto the masses in

> On 18 Dec 2003 00:20:38 GMT, "Tegger®"
> <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote:
>
>>rsca...@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in
>>
>>> Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me today.
>>>

>>FURTHERMORE:
>>
>>The registrant info for rms13.com is bogus:
>>

> The site is working now (19 December 2003; 11:03am MST).....when I did
> a 'whereisip' lookup, he still has the same registry data andthe site
> is working.

It is NOT WORKING. You are pulling the files off your ISP's caching server.
It is NOT THERE ANY MORE.

Whereisip gets its info from the exact same place everybody else does. It's
just a front end for using Internic's and ARIN's database, and the database
for the whois server that holds the domain registration info.

Please start up whereisip and tell me what IP address is associated with
that domain.

--
TeGGeR®

Tony Marsillo

Dec 19, 2003, 3:26:57 PM12/19/03
I just went to the site and it seems to be working.

http://www.rms13.com/

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair
"Tegger®" <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote in message

Philip®

Dec 19, 2003, 6:18:07 PM12/19/03
In news:k8f6uv45g16527k28...@4ax.com,

Curtis Newton <cne...@remove-me.akamail.com> being of bellicose mind
posted:
> On 18 Dec 2003 00:20:38 GMT, "Tegger®"
> <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote:
>
> > rsca...@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in
> >
> > > Did you try going directly to the site? It worked for me
> > > today.
> > >

> > FURTHERMORE:
> >
> > The registrant info for rms13.com is bogus:
> >

> The site is working now (19 December 2003; 11:03am MST).....when I
> did a 'whereisip' lookup, he still has the same registry data
> andthe site is working.
>
> I will pull down some photos tonight from the site if you still
> can't get to it. Let me know.
>
> I will tell you, on bobistheoilguy.com forum, he was tired of
> seeing all of the praise about the AutoRX product and decided to
> run a test of his own.
>
> He lays out the story on the web site.

REALLY? Where on his website are the finding from his test? Also, I
notice one his SUPPORTERS is ... AutoRx.

Philip®

Dec 19, 2003, 6:18:09 PM12/19/03
In news:Xns94569B9F71D...@207.14.113.17,
Tegger® <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> being of
bellicose mind posted:

TeGGer.... you're going to have to repeat the lecture you gave to me
about how ISPs store website inquiries for a period of time in order
to facilitate a faster internet experience.

Tegger®

Dec 19, 2003, 7:23:26 PM12/19/03

> TeGGer.... you're going to have to repeat the lecture you gave to me
> about how ISPs store website inquiries for a period of time in order
> to facilitate a faster internet experience.

How many times?? The f***ing site is DOWN. DOWN, people, DOWN. The scum
that run this site got kicked off for spamming and false advertising.

I cannot help it that your ISP caches pages for insane lengths of time.

How many times do I have to explain to people that what they see on their
screens is usually NOT the site itself but a locally-stored copy on their
ISP's servers?

I'll post a fuller explanation once I've calmed down.

--
TeGGeR®

Tegger®

Dec 19, 2003, 7:56:13 PM12/19/03
"Tony Marsillo" <ton...@optonline.net> spake unto the masses in

> I just went to the site and it seems to be working.
>
> http://www.rms13.com/

What is the IP address?

There IS none. It's DEAD, regardless of the fakery your ISP's caching
servers want you to believe.

--
TeGGeR®

Curtis Newton

Dec 20, 2003, 12:59:19 AM12/20/03

>> He lays out the story on the web site.
>
>REALLY? Where on his website are the finding from his test? Also, I
>notice one his SUPPORTERS is ... AutoRx.

I hate to repost this, but since the page doesn't exist any longer
except on my ISPs server, I figured I would post it here.

I thought the Welcome and FAQ spelled out it pretty well.

Welcome:

Welcome to the AUTO-RX report page. This web site will document the
test of an engine cleaner available here.

I began this test because I was, to put it lightly, skeptical of the
claims made by the inventor of this product. He has plenty of
testimonials but little in the way of photographic proof.

When I presented photos of this engine to Frank, the inventor of this
product, this is what he had to say:

"This is a much lower cost option than tearing your engine apart and
cleaning by hand, even then you would not get rid of all sludge.
Auto-Rx will -- we guarantee it!"

"One of the great benefits of Auto-Rx is the fact that it cleans
sludge, varnish and all third party abrasives from your engine"

I had my doubts so I decided to put this site up where interested
parties could follow my progress.

Note: This test is not condoned or endorsed by the makers of Auto-Rx.
Nor am I affiliated with, friends of, or even remotely liked by the
makers of this product.

FAQ's

Q - How did your engine get so dirty?
A - As far as I can tell it was due to poor oil changes and possibly
overheating. I bought the car used.

Q - Why are you testing this product?
A - I simply want to see if it works as advertised. The claimed
performance of Auto-RX is remarkable.

Q - Why are you not providing an oil analysis?
A - An oil analysis would take additional time to complete and is not
necessary to see the visual effects of Auto-Rx.

Q - Well that's not very scientific!
A - This was never supposed to be scientific. Either the product
cleans or it doesn't.

Q - What are your qualifications to perform this test?
A - I feel I am qualified to pour a bottle of Auto-Rx into my engine,
drive the car, and take pictures of the result.

Q - So you are going to test this product when you don't have a degree
in chemistry, automotive engineering, etc?
A - Neither does the typical Auto-Rx customer. No one questions their
results.

Q - So you admit that there have been positive results.
A - Yep.

Q - So why are you doing your own test.
A - Because too many of those results were subjective. "My car runs
better, faster, uses less oil etc". Or, "look what was in my oil
filter after I used Auto-RX". I have been unable to find a legitimate
set of before/after photos of an Auto-Rx-cleaned engine.

Q - Will you post my before/after pictures of Auto-RX?
A - As long as they clearly show the engine and they are well
documented.

Q - I did my own test and Auto-Rx worked great!
A - Great! Send me the pics!

Q - Well, we didn't take pictures.
A - I get that a lot.

Q - Why are the camshafts in the same position in both the before and
after pics?
A - This is intentional and was done to make it easier to compare
specific areas. If you look closely they are NOT in the exact same
positions.

Q - I noticed that the first set of photos show the engine covered in
oil. Why do the other sets show a dry engine?
A - After taking the first set, the "before" photos, I noticed that
the oil film would affect the viewers ability to notice whether
cleaning was happening or not. In the next sets of photos I "patted"
the engine dry with an old t-shirt to remove the excess oil.

C. E. White

Dec 20, 2003, 1:23:09 AM12/20/03

If they are caching it, they are doing a great job. I liked the Santa
Hat on the title block. Personally I don't plan to ever need the
product. I believe the IP address is 69.56.130.147 . According to Arin
this address belongs to:

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
OrgID: TPCM
Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
Address: Suite 110
City: Dallas
StateProv: TX
PostalCode: 75207
Country: US

Ed

Curtis Newton

Dec 20, 2003, 1:34:05 AM12/20/03

>Very interesting. rms13.com no longer seems to exist, so I am unable to see
>those pictures. Go to www.google.com, type in rms13.com and see what it
>gives you.

Since my ISP is still caching the site, do you want to see the
photos??

I could email them to you (he has a few summary slides near the end
with before, mid, and after photos.

Send me an email at cne...@akamail.com if you want to see the photos.

If not, disregard.

Tony Marsillo

Dec 20, 2003, 8:41:52 AM12/20/03
69.56.130.147

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair
"Tegger®" <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote in message

Philip®

Dec 20, 2003, 9:32:34 AM12/20/03
In news:76p7uv0h8q3ui6kkc...@4ax.com,

Curtis Newton <cne...@remove-me.akamail.com> being of bellicose mind
posted:
> > > He lays out the story on the web site.
> >
> > REALLY? Where on his website are the finding from his test?
> > Also, I notice one his SUPPORTERS is ... AutoRx.
>

> I hate to repost this, but since the page doesn't exist any longer
> except on my ISPs server, I figured I would post it here.
>

> I thought the Welcome and FAQ spelled out it pretty well.

Curtis: I was REFERRING to an AutoRX test by "bobistheoilguy.com"
... NOT you.

Your post on 12/19/03 states in part:

>>>I will tell you, on bobistheoilguy.com forum, he was tired of
seeing
>>>all of the praise about the AutoRX product and decided to run a
test
>>>of his own.
>>>

>>>He lays out the story on the web site.
>>>

>>>I don't know the guy, but based upon his early posting, I believe
what
>>>he did.
>>>--

>>>Curtis Newton

Tegger®

Dec 20, 2003, 12:48:54 PM12/20/03
"C. E. White" <cewh...@mindspring.com> spake unto the masses in

> "Tegger®" wrote:
>>
>> "Tony Marsillo" <ton...@optonline.net> spake unto the masses in
>>
>> > I just went to the site and it seems to be working.
>> >
>> > http://www.rms13.com/
>>
>> What is the IP address?
>>
>> There IS none. It's DEAD, regardless of the fakery your ISP's caching
>> servers want you to believe.
>
> If they are caching it, they are doing a great job. I liked the Santa
> Hat on the title block. Personally I don't plan to ever need the
> product. I believe the IP address is 69.56.130.147

Aaaaand.....has anyone actually done a port check on that IP to see if port
80 is open? A port scan does not use HTTP, and thus bypasses the http
caching proxy server. I just did using NetDemon and nmap. There is NO open
port 80 at that IP address.

Reprinted below is an explanation of caching servers that I sent via email
to Philip:

There are two different kinds of Internet cache:

1) Your browser's cache, and
2) Your ISP's cache.

You can only monkey with your browser's cache. You cannot do anything about
the cache Earthlink runs.

In order to improve access times and end-user (you) experience, most ISPs
will store a copy of requested pages and images locally on one of their own
servers, called a caching server or caching proxy server. This is
especially useful for dialup users, but applies to everyone using most
ISPs.

The first user to request a particular page experiences whatever delay in
getting the page. The page and its associated files are drawn directly from
the Web site itself. Subsequent users will see the page load faster, but
will be unaware that they are not actually seeing the Web site itself, but
a locally stored copy of it on their ISP's own server, which the server
established at the time the original requests were made.

Most ISPs have "transparent proxies", which are caching servers that are
invisible to you. You are forced to use them and unless you know how to do
a traceroute, you will be unaware that they are throttling you through such
a proxy.

Caching servers are used in many places on the Internet. They are used to
help speed things along and to reduce load on servers downstream for
commonly requested pages. The problem with caching servers is that it can
take anywhere from hours to days before the cache is flushed or refreshed.
Therefore, a change to a site may not be visible to the end-user until the
cache is flushed and a new copy of the page is stored in the caching server
for your browser to go and grab for you to see.

If a DNS entry (the thing that links a name to a locatable numeric address)
has been yanked or has expired, you won't see that either until the cache
has been flushed and renewed. This means that at least for a while, it will
appear to the end-user that the site is still up, which is exactly what's
happening here with rms13.com.

Caching servers make it troublesome for Web page authors who are uploading
their work to remote hosting companies. They may have to wait for some time
before seeing their handiwork online unless they are with an ISP that is
willing to let you bypass their proxy/caching server. Your ISP, Earthlink,
is not one of them.

My ISP, unlike most, has an optional caching proxy server. I do not use
it, which is why I'm seeing the change to the DNS record before you do.

--
TeGGeR®

Tegger®

Dec 20, 2003, 12:55:18 PM12/20/03

>>Very interesting. rms13.com no longer seems to exist, so I am unable
>>to see those pictures. Go to www.google.com, type in rms13.com and see
>>what it gives you.
>>

> Since my ISP is still caching the site, do you want to see the
> photos??
>
> I could email them to you (he has a few summary slides near the end
> with before, mid, and after photos.
>
> Send me an email at cne...@akamail.com if you want to see the photos.
>
> If not, disregard.

Thanks. Philip already emailed me with two of the pics. I thought they were
unremarkable. The engine Philip showed me didn't have much sludge at all.
I've seen far, FAR worse.

If you wish to send me them, please do.

--
TeGGeR®

Christian

Dec 20, 2003, 3:17:28 PM12/20/03
Does anyone know of an additive that can be added to the oil that would
clead sludge from a Toyota engine.

Philip®

Dec 20, 2003, 3:50:20 PM12/20/03
There is not such thing... snake oils notwithstanding. If you've
got sludge.... ask yourself why? Reflect on your 5,000 mile oil
service intervals.
--

* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know"
-Bing Crosby

"Christian" <nom...@nomail.com> wrote in message

Luc Kumps

Dec 20, 2003, 5:00:12 PM12/20/03
TeggerŽ wrote:
> "C. E. White" <cewh...@mindspring.com> spake unto the masses in
>

>> "TeggerŽ" wrote:
>>>
>>> "Tony Marsillo" <ton...@optonline.net> spake unto the masses in

>>> What is the IP address?
>>>
>>> There IS none. It's DEAD, regardless of the fakery your ISP's
>>> caching servers want you to believe.
>>
>> If they are caching it, they are doing a great job. I liked the Santa
>> Hat on the title block. Personally I don't plan to ever need the
>> product. I believe the IP address is 69.56.130.147
>

> Aaaaand.....has anyone actually done a port check on that IP to see
> if port 80 is open?

Site works fine here. No proxy used. IP address reported by nslookup is same
as above.
I also tried telnet 69.56.130.147 on port 80, and I can GET pages manually.
It's an Apache web server, by the way...

Luc K

Curtis Newton

Dec 20, 2003, 5:14:39 PM12/20/03

>>> If they are caching it, they are doing a great job. I liked the Santa
>>> Hat on the title block. Personally I don't plan to ever need the
>>> product. I believe the IP address is 69.56.130.147
>>

>> Aaaaand.....has anyone actually done a port check on that IP to see
>> if port 80 is open?
>
>Site works fine here. No proxy used. IP address reported by nslookup is same
>as above.
>I also tried telnet 69.56.130.147 on port 80, and I can GET pages manually.
>It's an Apache web server, by the way...
>
>Luc K

I don't want to post the author's email address without asking, but
here is his reply to my email.

"Yes, the site is still up. www.rms13.com

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Regards
Aaron"

Curtis Newton

Dec 20, 2003, 6:29:49 PM12/20/03
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:15:22 GMT, Aaronb
<Aaronb...@realcaraudio.com> wrote:

>My name is Aaron. I live in Metairie Louisiana and 'RMS13.com '
>(http://www.RMS13.com ) belongs to me.
>
>I was checking my logs and noticed a couple of links back to this site
>so I decided to check out your forums.
>
>Imagine my suprise when I find that I am a scammer, a spammer, and that
>my site doesn't exist.
>
>All news to me.
>
>Here is what I mistakenly thought up till reading this thread.
>
>I thought I wasn't a scammer because I don't sell anything. Nothing.
>Nada..... Well, not online anyway.
>
>I thought I wasn't a spammer because the only place I ever advertised
>the Auto-Rx test was on the BITOG forums where it originated. (Bob is
>the oil guy, google it if you need to)
>
>And my site doesn't exist? From my logs:
>
>Dec 17th 762 pages 7038 hits
>Dec 18th 410 pages 2980 hits
>Dec 19th 549 pages 5103 hits
>Dec 20th 380 pages 2658 hits (in progress)
>
>If anyone needs a class on caching servers I'll give one but I believe
>Tegger will be the only one attending.
>
>The site is up. End of story. The problem is on your end Tegger.
>
>As for the registration info. RMS13.com is the first name I ever
>registered. I really wasn't very comfortable with announcing myself to
>the world.

Thanks for taking the time to post....there was definitely a debate on
whether or not the site was up or down.

Car Guy

Dec 20, 2003, 6:12:49 PM12/20/03
I just accessed it. It says "Welcome Tegger"!

"Tegger®" <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote in message

Car Guy

Dec 20, 2003, 6:10:46 PM12/20/03
Your beginning to remind me of the famous Dead Parrot scene in Monty Python.

This parrot is dead
No its not dead, its sleeping. Beautiful plumage
Never mind the plumage, this parrot is dead!

Philip®

Dec 20, 2003, 8:09:38 PM12/20/03
Hey Tegger.... he's waitin' for ya!
--

* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know"
-Bing Crosby

In news:PH4Fb.26527$CK3.2...@news20.bellglobal.com,
Car Guy <ac...@hotmail.com> being of bellicose mind posted:

Tegger®

Dec 20, 2003, 8:57:55 PM12/20/03
"Luc Kumps" <NOkum...@pandora.be> spake unto the masses in

This is getting curious.

My iStop DSL account comes with a built-in backup dialup account with a
company called tht.net. Since I came up totally blank no matter whether I
used my ISP's name server or my own, and no matter whether I went through
port 80 to the IP or not, I just now tried dialing up and connecting to
rms13.com with the dialup. The dialup DHCP server does not appear to
replace my name server with its own, which is odd.

Well guess what? It worked. It's there. And just like Car Guy says, it says
"Welcome Tegger!" (I'm famous!)

I have emailed tech support for my ISP to see if they have any info on this
issue. Will report back as soon as I hear from them.

--
TeGGeRŽ

Tegger®

Dec 20, 2003, 9:01:03 PM12/20/03

> Hey Tegger.... he's waitin' for ya!

Yeah. I just emailed tech support for my ISP. This is getting weird.

Do me a favor if you can? Go to that page on tegger.com where I said you
changed your oil every 3K. If Earthlink has flushed its cache, you should
see 4,500 in place of the 3,000.

If you see 4,500, then Earthlink flushes its cache in hours not days, and
I've got an issue with my ISP.

--
TeGGeR®

MDT Tech®

Dec 20, 2003, 9:05:37 PM12/20/03
PhilipŽ wrote:

> There is not such thing... snake oils notwithstanding. If you've
> got sludge.... ask yourself why? Reflect on your 5,000 mile oil
> service intervals.

If their is sludge, reflect on your 7500+ intervals. ;-D

--

SENATOR ZELL MILLER DEMOCRAT OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent
conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for
re-election in 2004 and campaign for him if Bush wishes him to. Miller
said Bush is "the right man at the right time" to govern the country.

The next five years "will determine the kind of world my children and
grandchildren will live in," Miller said in an interview. And he
wouldn't "trust" any of the nine Democratic presidential candidates with
governing during "that crucial period," he said. "This Democrat will
vote for President Bush in 2004."

Philip®

Dec 20, 2003, 9:59:34 PM12/20/03
In news:Xns9457D5EAEB8...@207.14.113.17,
Tegger® <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> being of
bellicose mind posted:

Favor accomnplished. I find no passages whatsoever regarding my ol
Prizm at all. (sniffle).

Nicely written sludge treatise!

Philip®

Dec 20, 2003, 9:59:36 PM12/20/03
In news:Rd7Fb.13155$Pg1....@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net,
MDT Tech® <ssau...@repairman.com> being of bellicose mind posted:

> Philip® wrote:
>
> > There is not such thing... snake oils notwithstanding. If
> > you've got sludge.... ask yourself why? Reflect on your 5,000
> > mile oil service intervals.
>

> If their is sludge, reflect on your 7500+ intervals. ;-D

I was being ... indirect ... suggestive of what SHOULD have been
done. Must have thrown you for a loop, eh? LOL

Curtis Newton

Dec 20, 2003, 10:14:05 PM12/20/03
On 20 Dec 2003 17:48:54 GMT, "Tegger®"
<teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> wrote:

>"C. E. White" <cewh...@mindspring.com> spake unto the masses in

>>> What is the IP address?
>>>
>>> There IS none. It's DEAD, regardless of the fakery your ISP's caching
>>> servers want you to believe.
>>

>> It is NOT WORKING. You are pulling the files off your ISP's caching server.
>> It is NOT THERE ANY MORE.
>

>>That site is DOWN. Anyobody still able to view it is pulling the files off
>>their ISP's caching servers.

>>rms13.com is not currently associated with any IP address, which usually
>>means one of three things:
>>1) The registarnt did not pay his DNS bill (if billed for that separately)
>>or
>>2) The registrant didn't pay his domain rent (not the case here)
>>or
>>3) The operators of the Web site at that IP address have committed
>>violations of the Terms of Service Agreement of whichever company had
>>hosted it last and have been cut off.
>>
>>I vote for #3. These guys probably also spamvertise G*e*n*e*r*i*c
>>V*i*a*g*r*a and P*e*n*i*S P*i*l*l*S. They're scum.

>My ISP, unlike most, has an optional caching proxy server. I do not use
>it, which is why I'm seeing the change to the DNS record before you do.

Sounds to me like your ISP has issues and needs to fix some things.

Tegger®

Dec 21, 2003, 10:04:50 AM12/21/03

> In news:Xns9457D5EAEB8...@207.14.113.17,
> Tegger® <teggerati...@changetheobvious.invalid> being of
> bellicose mind posted:
>> "Philip®" <1chip-...@earthlink.net.invalid> spake unto the
>> masses in
>>
>> > Hey Tegger.... he's waitin' for ya!
>>

>> Yeah. I just emailed tech support for my ISP. This is getting
>> weird.
>>
>> Do me a favor if you can? Go to that page on tegger.com where I
>> said you changed your oil every 3K. If Earthlink has flushed its
>> cache, you should see 4,500 in place of the 3,000.
>>
>> If you see 4,500, then Earthlink flushes its cache in hours not
>> days, and I've got an issue with my ISP.
>
> Favor accomnplished. I find no passages whatsoever regarding my ol
> Prizm at all. (sniffle).
>
> Nicely written sludge treatise!

Thank you.

http://www.tegger.com/nosludge.html

The pages are not particularly well-organized.

--
TeGGeR®

Tegger®

Dec 21, 2003, 10:17:37 AM12/21/03
Curtis Newton <cne...@remove-me.akamail.com> spake unto the masses in

I got a return email from iStop. They are able to access www.rms13.com with
no trouble.

On a hunch, I tore down my router's firewall, which restored connectivity
to www.rms13.com. Looks like I have a firewall config problem to fix. Odd
that it only affects this IP...

I apologize to Aaron for calling him a spammer.

--
TeGGeR®