'99.5 A4: How do I shut off "Service Oil" light

J. Lederman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Hi:
I change my own oil. It's easy I enjoy it. However, I do not know
how to reset the "service oil" indicator. I have been told a
combination of buttons oin the dash will reset it. Does anyone know
about this? Thanks in advance. Josh.

John Davies

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:00:39 -0500, J. Lederman <Lede...@qcom.net>
wrote:

Read the manual - it gives the procedure you want.

John Davies
Monroe WA USA

steven stewart

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Contact www.motor-mechanic.com
They give excellent advice
they also offer a discount card which will save you money on spares and
services etc
steve

J. Lederman <Lede...@qcom.net> wrote in message

Bruce Modick

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
to J. Lederman
On a 1998 A4 2.8, I actually found the instructions in the owner's
manual (listed under 'odometer'.. The sequence may be similar for the
A8 and is
as follows:

[Note: Button (1) is the clock set button, Button (2) is the trip
odometer
reset]

Switch off ignition
Press button (2) and switch on the ignition while keeping the button
pressed.
The display will now show "service OIL"
Pull out button (1) and hold until the letters "service OIL" are cleared
in the
display. The display will now show "service ---"
Press button (2) again to display "service INSP" and clear it in the
same way by
pulling out button (1).

Worked like a champ.

Bruce Modick -- mod...@sprynet.com

lee woods

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00

"J. Lederman" <Lede...@qcom.net> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I change my own oil. It's easy I enjoy it. However, I do not know
> how to reset the "service oil" indicator. I have been told a
> combination of buttons oin the dash will reset it. Does anyone know
> about this? Thanks in advance. Josh.

Try this, press and hold the trip button , turn on ignition, the message
"service oil" will appear. pull out the clock adjuster knob until "service
oil" is cancelled.

Hope this helps!

--
Woods 8-)