Dumb brake question

Doug

Oct 23, 2006, 9:10:21 PM10/23/06
On my 93 Chev G-30 1 ton with 6.2l Diesel, I cannot figure out how to
install the anti-rattle or inner pad spring clip on Bendix front brakes.

I didn't think I was that stupid, but I just can't see how it goes.
Any one have a diagram or picture, or a very detailed explanation.

Thanks

Doug Quance

SnoMan

Oct 23, 2006, 9:19:04 PM10/23/06

No such thing as a dumb question. The clip attaches to pad shoe with
usually the single ear on the outer curve and the twin split ears on
the inner curve of pad shoe
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com

aarcuda69062

Oct 23, 2006, 11:43:16 PM10/23/06
In article <1Kd%g.188673$R63.41403@pd7urf1no>,
Doug <do...@shaw.ca> wrote:

Go here;

<http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_u
s/0900823d/80/0d/2d/77/0900823d800d2d77.jsp>

Scroll down to figure 5.
Yeah, it's the instructions for a Ford, but it shows a better
picture of the installation of the clip. :-)

SnoMan

Oct 24, 2006, 7:59:36 AM10/24/06
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 03:43:16 GMT, aarcuda69062
<none...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Yeah, it's the instructions for a Ford, but it shows a better
>picture of the installation of the clip. :-)

He asks for GM help and you send him Ford instuctions. Next time do
not answer if you cannot realy help.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com

aarcuda69062

Oct 24, 2006, 11:42:07 AM10/24/06
In article <dvvrj2trppk6t9n30...@4ax.com>,
SnoMan <ad...@snoman.com> wrote:

He asked for help with Bendix style disc brakes, you described
Delco-Moraine.

Tell ya what Bozo, use an online parts supplier, look up the
front brake pads for a one ton G van with the heavy duty brake
option as would be found (std) on a diesel, the HD brakes are
Bendix style, the anti-rattle clip installs the same as a LD Ford.

Or just gain a little experience and learn the difference between
a #149 brake pad blank;
<http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/Detail.html?RRD149M-1.jpg&D149
D.jpg>

Hardware;
<http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/DetailLocal.html?H5519.jpg>

and a #153 brake pad blank;
<http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/Detail.html?RRD153M-1.jpg&D153
D.jpg>

Hardware;
<http://info.rockauto.com/Raybestos/Detail.html?H5584A-1.jpg>

Not only are you a moron, you're a dangerous moron, just as I and
others have been telling you for months.

Anyone who favors your hacked to shit backyard antics over the
words of the professionals who post here deserves the ass raping
that they'll get.

Doug

Oct 24, 2006, 12:21:20 PM10/24/06
Thanks a bunch, exactly what I needed.
A picture is worth 1000 words. ;-)

SnoMan

Oct 24, 2006, 12:25:52 PM10/24/06
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:42:07 GMT, aarcuda69062
<none...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Tell ya what Bozo

You are to only BoZo here. giving the wrong advise just because you
like to hear yourself talk. Get a life
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com

LMFAO

Oct 24, 2006, 1:47:08 PM10/24/06
Oh man this is just to funny...
Here's everything thats been posted in a nutshell.
---------------------------------
OP: Question about Bendix brakes

SM: Gives answer which doesnt apply to said brakes

AC: Gives completely correct answer for said brakes

SM: Claims AC's answer is wrong because of different "nameplate" (not
parts related mind you)

AC: Points out his answer is 100% correct for said brakes, nameplate
does not apply, and SM is a Bozo.

OP: Replies to AC saying THANKS for right info.

SM: Quote - "You are to only BoZo here. giving the wrong advise just

because you like to hear yourself talk. Get a life"

---------------------------------

He went from Blind to Dense to Hypocrite in just 3 post. :D

Battleax

Oct 24, 2006, 1:49:17 PM10/24/06
Yep, aarcuda wins this one by a mile, lol.

"SnoMan" <ad...@snoman.com> wrote in message

Roy

Oct 24, 2006, 3:07:41 PM10/24/06

"SnoMan" <ad...@snoman.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:42:07 GMT, aarcuda69062
> <none...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Tell ya what Bozo
>

> You are to only BoZo here. giving the wrong advise just because you
> like to hear yourself talk. Get a life

Take a good look at what you just wrote! It is that stuff above this. You
are a total friggin' idiot.

From now on when I find your I'm going to change it to what it truly should
be.

Here ya go!

> -----------------
> TheAssHoleMan.com

aarcuda69062

Oct 24, 2006, 5:08:28 PM10/24/06
In article <sgfsj2hqdgngim6ed...@4ax.com>,
SnoMan <ad...@snoman.com> wrote:

I could post a really masterful, scathing reply...

...But you did such a good job of stepping on your own dick.

Don't give any more brake advice, you're not even qualified to
brush the dust off the backing plates.

aarcuda69062

Oct 24, 2006, 5:09:23 PM10/24/06
In article <44r%g.184163$1T2.173134@pd7urf2no>,
Doug <do...@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Thanks a bunch, exactly what I needed.
> A picture is worth 1000 words. ;-)

Glad to help Doug.

Roy

Oct 24, 2006, 5:43:51 PM10/24/06

"aarcuda69062" <none...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

How many more times before he get's it??

Unfuckingbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiden_kai

Oct 24, 2006, 7:41:43 PM10/24/06
SnoMan wrote:

> You are to only BoZo here. giving the wrong advise just because you
> like to hear yourself talk. Get a life

Hilarious! Snoman's statement aptly describes "himself".

You gotta love it. Any Snoman fanboys would be better
served heading over to his website. Hopefully, any and
all Snoman damage can be contained there!

Ian

aarcuda69062

Oct 25, 2006, 12:57:29 AM10/25/06
In article <Wa-dneayUJ-GFKPY...@comcast.com>,
"Roy" <R...@home.net> wrote:

His kind never do get it. Ain't gonna happen.

> Unfuckingbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You work in this industry long enough and you run into all types
of numbskulls. Be a cold day in hell when I start to tolerate
them.

Bob M

Oct 25, 2006, 12:28:07 PM10/25/06

Hey Sno"Flake". Learn how to write and spell. You really do look like
an idiot.

News Skimmer

Oct 25, 2006, 8:51:27 PM10/25/06
This thread has been quite entertaining. But lets point out some equally
important facts.

Looking at the times on the original posts....it took cuda almost 2 hours
and 33 minutes to post the right answer. While he did get the answer right,
he certainly ain't no speed demon.

Now look at Snojob's post. He put the wrong answer up in less than ten
minutes...nine to be exact. I have not seen anybody post so many wrong
answers with such speed. This might even be a personal best, if not world
record. I don't think anyone can even come close.

Unfortunately for the poster, I'm thinkin' he spent 2 hours and 23 minutes
dickin around with those pads trying to figger those clips out before cuda
to the rescue.

"aarcuda69062" <none...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

aarcuda69062

Oct 25, 2006, 11:38:46 PM10/25/06
In article <jET%g.1212$s6....@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
"News Skimmer" <NewsS...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> This thread has been quite entertaining. But lets point out some equally
> important facts.
>
> Looking at the times on the original posts....it took cuda almost 2 hours
> and 33 minutes to post the right answer. While he did get the answer right,
> he certainly ain't no speed demon.

Well, I have a business to run, community activities to tend to,
dinner to eat, 5 steel implants at the top of my left femur that
just happens to be giving me a large bit of grief over the last
week, and roughly 30 fruitless minutes Googling the bendix clips
before it occurred to me to check Rock auto on the oft chance
that they had some useable graphics... ;-)

> Now look at Snojob's post. He put the wrong answer up in less than ten
> minutes...nine to be exact. I have not seen anybody post so many wrong
> answers with such speed. This might even be a personal best, if not world
> record. I don't think anyone can even come close.

I haven't yet decided if he's actually -that- stupid or just
plain malicious. <shrug> Given some of his other advertised
antics, I'm leaning towards the latter.

> Unfortunately for the poster, I'm thinkin' he spent 2 hours and 23 minutes
> dickin around with those pads trying to figger those clips out before cuda
> to the rescue.

If there's anything redeeming about Snojobs post to Doug, it's
that I might have skipped over [it] if Snoblower hadn't posted
such blatantly wrong info.