Drum mic.

Humaman

Mar 25, 2005, 7:26:43 AM3/25/05
Hello all,

Ik want to buy some drum mics, but can not decide between the Audix fusion 4
and the Audio-technica KP-DRUMS.

Does someone have experience with these kits and advice me.

Thanks in advance,
Humaman

Zigakly

Mar 25, 2005, 6:31:42 PM3/25/05
"Humaman" <Shai...@nmc.kpn.net> wrote in message

Check out the Audix package at musician's friend:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=live/search/detail/base_pid/270642/
For $399 it includes a D6 (great kick mic) and three ADX-90's, which are
clip-on phantom-powered servo balanced electret condensers, supposed to be
better than the Fusion clip-ons, which I like as much as the Sennheisers.

Oh and it includes 4 cheap-ass mic cables, great for strapping a canoe to
the roof of a car...

Mike T.

Mar 25, 2005, 10:49:18 PM3/25/05
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:31:42 -0500, "Zigakly" <zig...@nospam.cx>
wrote:

>Oh and it includes 4 cheap-ass mic cables, great for strapping a canoe to
>the roof of a car...

Not if you value your canoe!

Mike T., sound tech and enthusiastic canoer ... er ... canoist ...
canoodler!

Tim Padrick

Mar 29, 2005, 2:16:40 AM3/29/05

"Zigakly" <zig...@nospam.cx> wrote in message
The ADX90 has gained a reputation as being a poor choice for close micing
drums, owing to it's inibility to handle the SPL. They can be purchased on
eBay quite cheaply. Use either the ADX20d, MicroD, or D4. (I switched from
D4 to ADX20d owing to space problems on some kits (they won't fit between
the rack toms and the cymbals, even when using right-angle XLRs).