Where is my God.

Kalan

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what and
where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why? Because it
makes sense to explain our world with a God. All the mysteries and magic in
this world can't be explained better than God must have done it. We could
gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to answer this
question, but it still eludes us. Some old man up in the mountains having no
religion, could ponder the question or our origins and wonder about the life
here, and the waters and blue sky and stars and get in touch with God,
without knowing that it is God he is experiencing.

My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God, each
cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of our body
and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe which
He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses, manifesting our
dreams in celebration of the day.

Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given the
chance to determine where is my God with this life.
Kalan

hrgr...@my-deja.com

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
In article <7ribpn$nq7$1...@nntp1.atl.mindspring.net>,

"Kalan" <GECK...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what
and
> where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why? Because
it
> makes sense to explain our world with a God.

It would make sense if "God did it" was an explanation.

But how does this supposed explanation differ from "Because!" ? What
understanding do we gain from it ? How does it structure the myriads of
obeservations we have made ? What predictions can we derive from it ?

OK - to some people it gives a warm, cozy feeling.

HRG.

> All the mysteries and magic in
> this world can't be explained better than God must have done it. We
could
> gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to answer
this
> question, but it still eludes us. Some old man up in the mountains
having no
> religion, could ponder the question or our origins and wonder about
the life
> here, and the waters and blue sky and stars and get in touch with God,
> without knowing that it is God he is experiencing.
>
> My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God,
each
> cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of
our body
> and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe
which
> He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses,
manifesting our
> dreams in celebration of the day.
>
> Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given
the
> chance to determine where is my God with this life.
> Kalan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Brandon J. Freels

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
Kalan wrote

> God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what and
> where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why? Because it
> makes sense to explain our world with a God. All the mysteries and magic

in
> this world can't be explained better than God must have done it.

Come on. Everyone knows that explaining 'the unknown' with 'god' is a
copout. Truth seekers [i.e. atheists] see right through this fallacy.

> We could gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to
answer this
> question, but it still eludes us.

You forgot to add priests, and nutcases.

> Some old man up in the mountains having no religion, could ponder the
question or
> our origins and wonder about the life here, and the waters and blue sky
and stars and > get in touch with God, without knowing that it is God he is
experiencing.

Nature and god are not synonymous in any western religion that I know of.
Why don't you give credit where credit is due: this old man is getting in
touch with NATURE.

> My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God, each
> cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of our
body
> and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe
which
> He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses, manifesting
our
> dreams in celebration of the day.

We are god? Man is god? Collective unconscious? Spinoza? Just where are you
coming from?

> Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given the
> chance to determine where is my God with this life.
> Kalan

What meaning are you applying to the word 'god' in this last sentence?

Frank X Buttigieg

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
He is in your psychy, in your mind where he originated, in fact, whereever
YOU want him to be, after all you(collectively speaking (CS)) created him
there, (if out of your own(CS) insecurities, fear and apprehensions.......

cheers frankx

--------------------------------

Kalan <GECK...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what and
> where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why? Because it
> makes sense to explain our world with a God. All the mysteries and magic
in

> this world can't be explained better than God must have done it. We could

> gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to answer this

> question, but it still eludes us. Some old man up in the mountains having

no
> religion, could ponder the question or our origins and wonder about the
life
> here, and the waters and blue sky and stars and get in touch with God,
> without knowing that it is God he is experiencing.
>

> My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God, each
> cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of our
body
> and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe
which
> He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses, manifesting
our
> dreams in celebration of the day.

LP

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 01:13:21 -0700, "Kalan" <GECK...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what and
>where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why? Because it
>makes sense to explain our world with a God. All the mysteries and magic in
>this world can't be explained better than God must have done it. We could
>gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to answer this
>question, but it still eludes us. Some old man up in the mountains having no
>religion, could ponder the question or our origins and wonder about the life
>here, and the waters and blue sky and stars and get in touch with God,
>without knowing that it is God he is experiencing.
>
>My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God, each
>cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of our body
>and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe which
>He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses, manifesting our
>dreams in celebration of the day.

Why end it there?
I believe every atom in the universe is each an individual God. A
whole bunch of itty-bitty gods all working together to form the
universe. God isn't "in" our cells. Our cells are made up of millions
of individual Gods. All matter everywhere is made up of these
ittly-bitty Gods. Just look at the power contained within an atom.
They may or may not be "all-powerful", but for their size, they are
pretty darned potent.

>Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given the
>chance to determine where is my God with this life.
>Kalan

whirl_pool

Lee Schoch

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99

Kalan wrote:

<snipped>

> My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God, each
> cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of our body
> and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe which
> He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses, manifesting our
> dreams in celebration of the day.

When you put your dumb argument in the terms of "cells" the god cells are the
cancerous ones. Is your head full of god cells or did a brain cell slip in
there somewhere? IMHO have god cells is the same as being possessed by demons.
I think you might be insane.

> Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given the
> chance to determine where is my God with this life.
> Kalan

Sure sounds like you believe in god to me.

Lee alt. atheism #1237
EAC Official EAC Morals Handbook Editor
EAC Slavegirl #5

John Popelish

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
LP wrote:

> Why end it there?
> I believe every atom in the universe is each an individual God. A
> whole bunch of itty-bitty gods all working together to form the
> universe. God isn't "in" our cells. Our cells are made up of millions
> of individual Gods. All matter everywhere is made up of these
> ittly-bitty Gods. Just look at the power contained within an atom.
> They may or may not be "all-powerful", but for their size, they are
> pretty darned potent.

Don't forget photons and neutrinos. Ooh! Ooh! And quarks and gluons.
And virtual particles. Those create themselves for a moment, alter the
properties of space-time and uncreate themselves in a god orgy of
being/not being.

And all are unconcerned about your sex life.

Truely awesome gods, all.

John Popelish

Aaron I. Spielman

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
<GECK...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what and
> where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why? Because it
> makes sense to explain our world with a God. All the mysteries and magic in
> this world can't be explained better than God must have done it. We could
> gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to answer this
> question, but it still eludes us. Some old man up in the mountains having no
> religion, could ponder the question or our origins and wonder about the life
> here, and the waters and blue sky and stars and get in touch with God,
> without knowing that it is God he is experiencing.
>

> My best thoughts of God come with the idea that we are a part of God, each
> cell of our body, and when we pray we are talking to those cells of our body
> and the God contained in them who is alive and realizing the universe which
> He created looking upon itself through our eyes and senses, manifesting our
> dreams in celebration of the day.
>

> Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given the
> chance to determine where is my God with this life.

So why _bother_?

To paraphrase you: "I just think that this idea sonds neat-o - so I'll
believe it without any evidence whatsoever - just 'cause I like it."

Sounds pretty daffy to me.

--
Aaron I. Spielman|Atheist #1467|"Information is not knowledge, knowledge is
aa...@rockethouse.net|Cussard #.357|not wisdom, wisdom is not truth, truth is

Chani

Sep 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/14/99
He ran away and joined the circus. God is now the bearded lady, and
as a side show is a snake handler; on thursdays, he drinks poison,
just because he can.

--
Chani, atheist #1118
Head of the EAC! (Why? Because I said so!!)

brian_...@my-deja.com

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
In article <7ribpn$nq7$1...@nntp1.atl.mindspring.net>,
"Kalan" <GECK...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> God may be everywhere. Then we may not be evolved enough to know what
> and where he is. Many people believe in God, none the less. Why?
> Because it makes sense to explain our world with a God. All the
> mysteries and magic in this world can't be explained better than God
> must have done it.

The greeks did the same thing. They assigned gods to the volcanoes
because they didn't understand them. They assigned gods to lightning
because they didn't understand electricity. They assigned gods to the
sun because fusion was beyond them. Thousands of other cultures did the
exact same thing. The Hebrews wrapped it all up in one god, and
Christianity swiped a bunch of other pagan myths and wrapped them
around some guy named Jesus.

> We could gather the greatest historians, philosophers, scientists to
> answer this question, but it still eludes us.

It apparently eludes YOU, but not everyone.

> Some old man up in the
> mountains having no
> religion, could ponder the question or our origins and wonder about
> the life here, and the waters and blue sky and stars and get in touch
> with God, without knowing that it is God he is experiencing.

Of course, because he hadn't accepted Jesus as his personal savior,
regardless of opportunity, he's going to go straight to hell.

-bunch of new age and pandeistic stuff snipped-

> Do I believe in God? No, not completely, but I think I am here given
> the chance to determine where is my God with this life.

> Kalan

Ok, at first I took this as a Christian "feel god in the universe"
babble, but now I'm not sure.

Kalan, you're drifting somewhere in the Pandeist or Deist dogma, where
god is either the universe itself or is a part of each person... You've
also got some new-age stuff bouncing around. I sugguest you do some
reading and real consideration before some cult leader sets his sights
on your confusion and drafts you. I'm not pushing you toward any
particular point in the religion spectrum, but you seem to be a bit
undecided as to your belief system.

Oh, well, other Fundies to find.

Tirdun
KoX EAC