Affidavit Mis-stating LHO's age

1 view

David S. Lifton

Sep 26, 2001, 1:20:33 AM9/26/01

In October, 1955, LHO attempted to join the Marines, a full year early, by
getting his mother to sign an affidavit (prepared by an attorney) which
mis-stated his age.

Do you know of any of the details of this--beyond what is stated in Marg.
O's testimony?

Of particular importance: I would like to get a copy of the affidavit--if
it exists.

Here are questions I have:

1. Did the WC ever get a copy of that false afffidavit?

2. Did the FBI ever interview the lawyer? (whose name, I thought was
"Serit" or something like that).

I have the passage about this from Marg. O's testimony, but I would like
to know:

a. the identity of the laywer
b. Whether he was interviewed by the FBI
c. How he explained his behavior--if he was subsequently questioned.
d. Whether the affidavit was ever produced; and, if so, where can I find
it? (And, if not, what was the reason for it not being found).

Please let me know asap if you have any info on any of this. I'm writing
about this at present, and would like any data you might have, or know
about.

You may post forward this to anyone, or post it--as you wish.

Thanks.

DSL

Magic Bullet

Sep 26, 2001, 9:51:53 AM9/26/01

David S. Lifton <dli...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> In October, 1955, LHO attempted to join the Marines, a full
year early, by
> getting his mother to sign an affidavit (prepared by an
attorney) which
> mis-stated his age.
>
> Do you know of any of the details of this--beyond what is
stated in Marg.
> O's testimony?
>
> Of particular importance: I would like to get a copy of the
affidavit--if
> it exists.
>
> Here are questions I have:
>
> 1. Did the WC ever get a copy of that false afffidavit?

> 2. Did the FBI ever interview the lawyer? (whose name, I
thought was
> "Serit" or something like that).

Clem Sehrt.
For the HSCA findings on Seht, go here:
http://www.geocities.com/jfkinfo/jfk9/hscv9b.htm#mar

> I have the passage about this from Marg. O's testimony, but I
would like
> to know:
>
> a. the identity of the laywer

Above.

> b. Whether he was interviewed by the FBI

If they did, no mention is made of it by the HSCA.

> c. How he explained his behavior--if he was subsequently
questioned.
> d. Whether the affidavit was ever produced; and, if so, where
can I find
> it? (And, if not, what was the reason for it not being found).

It was a false birth certificate, not an affidavit. It (or a
copy)was lodged with his first application to join the Marines. I
do not know if it was handed over by them to the WC.

> Please let me know asap if you have any info on any of this.
I'm writing
> about this at present, and would like any data you might have,
or know
> about.

The HSCA report should give plenty of leads. You might also
consider that someone contacted Sehrt to represent Oswald. Some
believe this was mama Marguerite. Some also came to believe that
Seht may have been the mysterious Mr Bertrand.

Another good place to look would be old Jery Shinley posts from
the google archives.

One thing worth investigating is a possible blood relationship
between Sehrt's close friend, Louis J Roussel, and Lee's Marine
Buddy, Henry Roussel Jr. Rousel Jr set Lee up on a date with his
aunt, an airline stewardess, because she spoke Russian.

--
"Major, the big brass are going to yell their heads off about
this,

Oz and the guiding hands
www.leftcoast-art.bc.ca/magicbullet

greg

Russell Burr

Sep 27, 2001, 7:09:37 AM9/27/01
Magic Bullet wrote:

I don't know if this will add anymore but this is from Marguerite's WCT:

QUOTE:

So I went to an attorney with Lee, because here is the thing.
Lee's birth record is in New Orleans. And I knew that the Marine Corps
could easily check on this child, age 16--his birth record. So in order
to have a happy situation, so I could work, and to see Lee, I went to an
attorney and paid $5 and said that I lost Lee's birth certificate, and
kind of motioned to the
197
731-217 O--64--vol.I---14

Page 198

attorney. I knew it would not stand up. I bought Lee a duffle bag and
everything, and Lee went-we told him goodby, and Lee was going to join
the Marines.
I had to accept that, gentlemen. There was no other way I could do, but
accept the fact to let him go.
Mr. RANKIN. Who was that attorney?
Mrs. OSWALD. Mr. Clem Sehrt.
Mr. BOGGS. What did Mr. Sehrt allegedly tell you?
Mrs. OSWALD. Pardon?
Mr. BOGGS. What did Mr. Sehrt tell you?
Mrs. OSWALD. Mr. Sehrt is a family friend.
Mr. BOGGS. I know Mr. Sehrt very well.
Mrs. OSWALD. He said according to attorney ethics that he would not be
able to advise me. Before you came in, sir, I had stated that.
Now, when I get interrupted, I lose this is a big thing for me. I am
not making excuses. But, gentlemen, it is awfully hard to do this.
So Lee came home. And he said the captain said that he was too young.
Now, I don't question much. I don't know whether Lee changed his mind,
or they sent Lee home. I do not know. I do not question that.
All right.

ENDQUOTE

Also, there is CE199; I don't have Volume XVI of the WCH but it's in
reference to "Note addressed "to whom it may concern" signed "Mrs. M.
Oswald," dated October 2, 1955 on page 579.

I hope that adds a bit more.

Russ

W. Tracy Parnell

Sep 27, 2001, 5:24:13 PM9/27/01
The lawyer's name was Clem Sehrt. He knew Marguerite from her childhood and
I believe dated her at one time. Peter Whitmey did an article titled "The
Curious Connections of Clem H. Sehrt" which appeared in the Nov. '94 edition
of the Fourth Decade which may be helpful.

W. Tracy Parnell
http://www.madbbs.com/~tracy/lho/

Peter R. Whitmey

Sep 27, 2001, 11:29:54 PM9/27/01
Russell Burr <rcb...@foxvalley.net> wrote in message news:<3BB2AC50...@foxvalley.net>...

> [...]
1990s ("The Curious Connections of Clem Sehrt") which you might want to
read. I'll be glad to mail you a copy by snailmail if you like. You can
e-mail me with your current address. I suggested the possibil- ity that
Clem Sehrt was, in fact, Clem Bertrand. He undoubtedly knew Dean
Andrews,as they both worked for Marcello. I think they worked out of the
same building too. As I mentioned in my article, when Perry Russo (whom I
interviewed via audiotape in three stages in 1990-91, as well as
corresponding with and speaking to by phone several times; he hadn't heard
of Sehrt) was first given truth serum on the suggestion of Jim Garrison,
he referred to "Clem Bertrand" not "Clay Bertrand". Since Marguerite had
known Sehrt since they were children, it would be quite logical that she
would phone Clem and ask him to represent her son on Nov. 22, 1963. He
might have tried to persuade Andrews to take the case. BTW, I recall
talking to John Davis about Sehrt, and indicated that he had been
convinced for a long time that Sehrt was Bertrand. As for LHO's birth
certificate, according to an article co-written by John Armstrong and
Jerry Rose in TFD, Oswald did not have a birth certificate. Instead, his
parents were provided with a document that was provided in place of a
birth certificate (I forget the exact title), but isn't actually a birth
certificate. The Armstrong-Rose article showed the document. - Peter

Magic Bullet

Sep 28, 2001, 12:14:50 PM9/28/01

Peter R. Whitmey <prwh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If Marguerite testified accurately, then JA is a tad confused.
This is what Marguerite said about Oz's birth certificate during
her WCT: "The reason why he didn't go into the Marines until
October 24th was the recruiting officer at the Marines could not
understand his birth certificate, because his father had died 2
months before. So I had to send for an affidavit, even though I
had the death notice from the paper and everything, and they
could have, they could not understand that about that two months.
I had to send to New Orleans for an affidavit of his father's
death. And so then Lee joined the Marines on October 24th."
Clearly (according to Marguerite at any rate), Lee did have a
birth certificate... and presumably a normal one... the problem
with it arising out of his father's death 2 months before his
birth...thus the affidavit. The affidavit itself was not false as
claimed at the start of the thread. His first attempt at
enlisting was with the use of a forged BC... the second used the
correct one which still caused a problem...

There is also the Hoover memo about an imposter using Lee's birth
certificate. That document cites Marguerite as stating that Lee
had taken his BC with him when he left for Russia....

greg

James K. Olmstead

Sep 28, 2001, 10:46:35 PM9/28/01
Greg: Under the law during that period.....only "one"
parent had to provide permission. There was no legal
concern, dealing with the death of the father under the law.
The death could have been indicated as having taken
place in 1989 and it would not "stop" enlistment proceedures for any
"investigation of concern".

Both enlistment efforts are "suspect". I spent about two
years going over the enlistment and service of LHO in relationship to legal
considerations of the presented history. There was enough conflict for 400
pages,
it formed the basis for my work under "The Marxist
Marine". I posted on this material last year and the
year before.....showing the conflicts. Now that a
"name" is interested, and just starting to do the research,
there seems to be some newsgroup interest.....boy it
makes me wonder.

jko

"Magic Bullet" <magic...@octa4.net.au> wrote in message

Magic Bullet

Sep 29, 2001, 2:15:22 AM9/29/01

James K. Olmstead <Thp...@onecom.com> wrote in message

> Greg: Under the law during that period.....only "one"
> parent had to provide permission. There was no legal
> concern, dealing with the death of the father under the law.
> The death could have been indicated as having taken
> place in 1989 and it would not "stop" enlistment proceedures
for any
> "investigation of concern".
>
> Both enlistment efforts are "suspect".

Jim, I don't doubt that for a second. I only posted what
Marguerite stated to the WC. If she correctly presented what the
recruitment people told her, then that in itself shows a
conflict.

I spent about two
> years going over the enlistment and service of LHO in
relationship to legal
> considerations of the presented history. There was enough
conflict for 400
> pages,
> it formed the basis for my work under "The Marxist
> Marine". I posted on this material last year and the
> year before.....showing the conflicts.

I don't think I was around here two years ago, and last year, I
was not seriously looking into anything myself.

Now that a
> "name" is interested, and just starting to do the research,
> there seems to be some newsgroup interest.....boy it
> makes me wonder.

I don't have much time for Mr Lifton's theories... neither his
book nor his name impress me. It's just a matter of helping
anyone if I can.

If you lacked responses in the past on this subject, it is a
pretty sorry state of affairs. I know from comments you've made
this year that you have grave concerns about the enlistment, but
I don't recall any specific details. Having said that, I could
hardly blame you for not trying a third time to elicit any
interest.

greg

James K. Olmstead

Sep 29, 2001, 9:54:27 AM9/29/01
Greg: It's not really a case of sour grapes.....I offered
material to him in the past but he wasn't interested.

Both of the enlistments efforts were strange. During the
second, Lee failed to mention the first effort, which is
automatic grounds for seperation and discharge.

Damn it seems you've older then 2, what's your mother
feeding you.