"Gail Newman" or "Gayle Newman"

John McAdams

Jan 11, 2011, 10:27:37 PM1/11/11

What is the correct spelling of Bill Newman's wife's name?

I checked the Mary Ferrell site, and about half the hits are one
spelling, and half the other.

And neither side seems to have the clear majority of the most reliable
sources.

.John

--
The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Jan 12, 2011, 1:27:21 AM1/12/11

Gayle.

Jean Davison

Jan 12, 2011, 1:28:52 AM1/12/11
to jjdavi...@yahoo.com
On Jan 11, 9:27 pm, john.mcad...@marquette.edu (John McAdams) wrote:
> What is the correct spelling of Bill Newman's wife's name?
>
> I checked the Mary Ferrell site, and about half the hits are one
> spelling, and half the other.
>
> And neither side seems to have the clear majority of the most reliable
> sources.
>
> .John

The DPD site has her signed affidavit. She wrote "Gayle."
http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/13/1312-001.gif
Jean

Peter Fokes

Jan 12, 2011, 7:48:12 PM1/12/11
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 03:27:37 GMT, john.m...@marquette.edu (John
McAdams) wrote:

>What is the correct spelling of Bill Newman's wife's name?
>
>I checked the Mary Ferrell site, and about half the hits are one
>spelling, and half the other.
>
>And neither side seems to have the clear majority of the most reliable
>sources.

In a recent interview, the reporter spoke to both of them and quotes
"Gayle":

See:

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Couple_recall_JFK_assassination_11-23-2008.html

>.John

Peter Fokes,
Toronto

Peter Fokes

Jan 12, 2011, 8:08:15 PM1/12/11
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:48:12 -0500, Peter Fokes <pfo...@rogers.com>
wrote:

I sent you a private email.

By the way, I *think* the Warren Commission printed his name with the
wrong middle initial. Should have been "E" not "J".

When he appeared as a witness at Shaw's trial, his full name was read
out as William Eugene Newman.

<quote on>

EXCERPT OF THE TESTIMONY TAKEN IN OPEN COURT
February 17, 1969

B E F O R E: THE HONORABLE EDWARD A. HAGGERTY, JR., JUDGE, SECTION "C"

WILLIAM EUGENE NEWMAN, JR., a witness called by and on behalf of the
State, having been first duly sworn was examined and testified on his
oath as follows:

<quote off>

>>.John
>

>Peter Fokes,