~untitled~ / Dale Houstman

George Dance

Apr 26, 2009, 10:38:30 AM4/26/09
While sporking through a pile of poo
I stumbled on a kangaroo
Whose humid pouch was crowded
With castanets and minarets,
A jungle ape with cigarettes
In ziggurats or kitchenettes
And three petunias powdered.
"Three petunias powdered?!"
Screamed the sad Dauphin
On porpoise to his corpus,
The body of Gauguin.
"Yes, three petunias powdered!"
I - unconscious - deemed to answer
Though I was dressed in permapress
And behatted with a hot compress
Which caused me such a bright distress
I married a jazz dancer.

dmh

Dale Houstman

Apr 26, 2009, 11:05:42 AM4/26/09

When you shift between your two distinct modes of personality, utterly
dense and densely bereft - do you experience a discomforting feeling of
vertigo, or have you learned to ignore your own meandering pointlessness?

dmh

George Dance

Apr 26, 2009, 11:39:04 AM4/26/09
On Apr 26, 11:05 am, Dale Houstman <d...@skypoint.com> wrote:
> George Dance wrote:

> > While sporking through a pile of poo
> > I stumbled on a kangaroo
> > Whose humid pouch was crowded
> > With castanets and minarets,
> > A jungle ape with cigarettes
> > In ziggurats or kitchenettes
> > And three petunias powdered.
> > "Three petunias powdered?!"
> > Screamed the sad Dauphin
> > On porpoise to his corpus,
> > The body of Gauguin.
> > "Yes, three petunias powdered!"
> > I - unconscious - deemed to answer
> > Though I was dressed in permapress
> > And behatted with a hot compress
> > Which caused me such a bright distress
> > I married a jazz dancer.
>
> > dmh
>

> utterly dense and densely bereft

Oh, but isn't it charming, too?

Will Dockery

Apr 26, 2009, 12:18:16 PM4/26/09

Are you asking him if he feels empathy for you, or just making another
statement from your experience, Dale?

Obviously he "feels your pain".

--
Mulling over the news from last week's fortune cookie.
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

George Dance

May 3, 2009, 10:28:07 AM5/3/09
Who knows what his problem is? Maybe he's upset because I left his
"M." off, so I should repost.

I see another reason to repost, that of fixing the title. Dale has
posted several untitled pieces onto AAPC, and if they're to be
properly archived, one can't be referring to them all as "untitled."
So I think it'll be better to use first lines as identifiers instead.

Message has been deleted

George Dance

May 3, 2009, 10:38:10 AM5/3/09

dmh

---
Dale M. Houstman
posted to AAPC: Nov. 17, 2008.
MessageID: <492157C9...@skypoint.com>
http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/51b6d57b8f8dffe9?hl=en

msifg

May 6, 2009, 12:47:45 AM5/6/09
"George Dance" <george...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

"on porpoise to his corpus."

what a fuckin idiot!

the person who wrote this should be flogged.

you say it's dmh?

oh my fuckin god!

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

george, you're a genius.

end of story!

Will Dockery

May 6, 2009, 4:00:16 AM5/6/09
Dale M. Houstman wrote:

> > While sporking through a pile of poo
> > I stumbled on a kangaroo
> > Whose humid pouch was crowded
> > With castanets and minarets,
> > A jungle ape with cigarettes
> > In ziggurats or kitchenettes
> > And three petunias powdered.
> > "Three petunias powdered?!"
> > Screamed the sad Dauphin
> > On porpoise to his corpus,
> > The body of Gauguin.
> > "Yes, three petunias powdered!"
> > I - unconscious - deemed to answer
> > Though I was dressed in permapress
> > And behatted with a hot compress
> > Which caused me such a bright distress
> > I married a jazz dancer.
>
> > dmh
>
> utterly dense and densely bereft -

Good self-critique there, DMH, but don't you find it "charming", as
well?

I suppose you wrote this one yourself?

--
New Will Dockery recordings, "Corning Town", "Crawford Road Crawl",
"Rosell", "Little Homeless Clown" & "She Came From Overseas":

George Dance

May 10, 2009, 11:04:49 AM5/10/09
On May 6, 12:47 am, "msifg" <gime...@cox.net> wrote:
> "George Dance" <georgedanc...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

NaPo 2009 was indeed a good month for Houstmanologists. Not only did
~While sporking through a pile of poo~ get rediscovered and properly
archived, but in addition dmh revealed that he was the author of
~Father's Little Trumpets~ that appeared here in March, and which
contained these memorable lines:

[...]
Now Father’s in the hedgerow
He’s hunting down the shark
Who infiltrated Mommy
And left a German Mark
Which paid for tea and kippers
But would not cover rent
On their Arkansastani condo
(also known as The Pup Tent).

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/d2ed7ab44156bbff?hl=en

Joe Da Powet

May 10, 2009, 3:09:28 PM5/10/09
"George Dance" <george...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

[...]
Now Father�s in the hedgerow
He�s hunting down the shark

Who infiltrated Mommy
And left a German Mark
Which paid for tea and kippers
But would not cover rent
On their Arkansastani condo
(also known as The Pup Tent).

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/d2ed7ab44156bbff?hl=en

*yeah-
fuck dale!

this is more important:

http://www.othervoicespoetry.org/toc.html

there's a bunch of material to go through.

who are some or your favorites?

George Dance

May 10, 2009, 4:24:39 PM5/10/09
> Now Father’s in the hedgerow
> He’s hunting down the shark

> Who infiltrated Mommy
> And left a German Mark
> Which paid for tea and kippers
> But would not cover rent
> On their Arkansastani condo
> (also known as The Pup Tent).
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/d2ed7ab441...

> *yeah-
> fuck dale!
>
> this is more important:
>
> http://www.othervoicespoetry.org/toc.html
>
> there's a bunch of material to go through.
>
> who are some or your favorites?

Yikes! There's over 600 poets there; and the only names I recognized
(besides Prof. Singh) were Sheema Kalbasi (one of the editors) in Vol.
3, and Billy Collins in Vol. 30 -- and I was searching for Collins at
the time. Oh, yeah, I noticed Desi DeNardo (a Toronto poet too, but I
think only because she was in Vol. 30 almost right beside Collins.
It's going to take a long time to even read everything once, and then
I doubt I'd remember that much of it.

What I plan to do is treat it like a magazine I don't have to
subscribe to: to bookmark it, and go in and read one poet at a time.
I've read about 15 or 20 that way and, to tell you the truth, they're
already starting to blur a bit in my head.

Joe Da Powet

May 10, 2009, 4:51:47 PM5/10/09
> Now Father�s in the hedgerow
> He�s hunting down the shark

> Who infiltrated Mommy
> And left a German Mark
> Which paid for tea and kippers
> But would not cover rent
> On their Arkansastani condo
> (also known as The Pup Tent).
>
> http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/d2ed7ab441...
>
> *yeah-
> fuck dale!
>
> this is more important:
>
> http://www.othervoicespoetry.org/toc.html
>
> there's a bunch of material to go through.
>
> who are some or your favorites?

Yikes! There's over 600 poets there; and the only names I recognized
(besides Prof. Singh) were Sheema Kalbasi (one of the editors) in Vol.
3, and Billy Collins in Vol. 30 -- and I was searching for Collins at
the time. Oh, yeah, I noticed Desi DeNardo (a Toronto poet too, but I
think only because she was in Vol. 30 almost right beside Collins.
It's going to take a long time to even read everything once, and then
I doubt I'd remember that much of it.

What I plan to do is treat it like a magazine I don't have to
subscribe to: to bookmark it, and go in and read one poet at a time.
I've read about 15 or 20 that way and, to tell you the truth, they're
already starting to blur a bit in my head.

*it's a good place to go to get
"inspired." it helps with
recognizing the "humanity" in writing.

http://www.othervoicespoetry.org/toc.html

Will Dockery

May 11, 2009, 8:24:37 AM5/11/09
George Dance wrote:
>"msifg" wrote:
> http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/d2ed7ab441...

I have a feeling this is Dale Houstman's original work... no wonder he
borrows so much poetry.

--
New song "She Sleeps Tight", by Will Dockery with Brian Mallard &
Sandy Madaris at

kamiel...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 9:39:07 PM4/28/15
I needed a dictionary, but I think the rhymes harm the flow.. I can't get into the sensory overload minarets, kangaroos and petunias would otherwise have betowed upon me. Thanks for writing in the pubic domain though - it's time for open source literature and open source being honest about who the fuck we are.

kamiel...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 9:42:54 PM4/28/15
option B. By the way, do you know Martinus Benders?

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2015, 1:42:44 AM4/29/15
So many years since this one that I don't quite remember the context, or hardly even the "protagonists".

:D

Will Dockery

Apr 29, 2015, 3:42:32 AM4/29/15
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:39:07 PM UTC-4, kamiel...@gmail.com wrote in
message news:82d367c6-368e-4925...@googlegroups.com...

> option B. By the way, do you know Martinus Benders?

Yeah, does ring a bell.

:D

--
Check out "Feelin' Alright" - A tribute to Joe Cocker / Will Dockery, Sandy
Madaris & The Conley Brothers " -

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

May 2, 2015, 11:54:32 AM5/2/15
"Peter J Ross" wrote in message
>In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:42:53 -0700 (PDT),
kamiel...@gmail.com wrote:

> By the way, do you know Martinus Benders?
>
> Neither
> Martijn [Benders] has posted here recently, but a few of us
> still remember
> [him] with admiration, affection or bafflement.

Indeed:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041117085027/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry..." -Martijn H.
Benders

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

May 7, 2015, 11:44:15 PM5/7/15

Interesting, here's what M.H. Benders wrote about me and my poetry:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041117085027/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some real American elements such as country music into his
poetry. Whileas you just try to appear as European as possible with all your sucking up to 80 year old European surrealists." -M.H.Benders

And... so it goes.

:D

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

May 10, 2015, 1:15:00 AM5/10/15
On Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 6:59:27 PM UTC-4, Peter J Ross wrote:

> > Interesting, here's what M.H. Benders wrote about [Will Dockery] & his poetry:

Linked to Benders' own site, by the way:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041117085027/http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some real American elements such as country music into his
poetry. Whileas you just try to appear as European as possible with all your sucking up to 80 year old European surrealists." -Martijn H. Benders

HTH & HAND.

:D