Akka 1.2-RC2 is out!

√iktor Ҡlang

Aug 8, 2011, 12:00:56 PM8/8/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Akka User List
Dear Hakkers,

I'm proud to announce that we've released the 1.2-RC2 of Akka and Akka Modules.

The RC1 was cut yesterday but didn't play well with Akka Modules, so there was no RC1 of Akka modules.

To see all tickets that were closed for 1.2: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/akka/milestones/356697-1-2
But also a lot of fixes that have been fixed for 2.0 have been backported to 1.2 as well.

Please try it out and give us feedback, we'll deal with any problems ASAP to make sure that 1.2 is rock solid when released.

Thanks,

--
Viktor Klang

Akka Tech Lead
Typesafe - Enterprise-Grade Scala from the Experts

Twitter: @viktorklang

Jonas Bonér

Aug 8, 2011, 12:52:06 PM8/8/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com, Akka User List

Awesome. Good job.

--
Jonas Bonér
CTO

Typesafe - Enterprise-Grade Scala from the Experts

Phone: +46 733 777 123
Twitter: @jboner

On Aug 8, 2011 6:00 PM, "√iktor Ҡlang" <viktor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Hakkers,
>
> I'm proud to announce that we've released the 1.2-RC2 of Akka and Akka
> Modules.
>
> The RC1 was cut yesterday but didn't play well with Akka Modules, so there
> was no RC1 of Akka modules.
>
> To see all tickets that were closed for 1.2:
> https://www.assembla.com/spaces/akka/milestones/356697-1-2
> But also a lot of fixes that have been fixed for 2.0 have been backported to
> 1.2 as well.
>
> Please try it out and give us feedback, we'll deal with any problems ASAP to
> make sure that 1.2 is rock solid when released.
>
> Thanks,
> √
>
> --
> Viktor Klang
>
> Akka Tech Lead
> Typesafe <http://www.typesafe.com/> - Enterprise-Grade Scala from the
> Experts
>
> Twitter: @viktorklang

marc

Aug 8, 2011, 1:05:19 PM8/8/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com, akka...@googlegroups.com
Great work!

Is there an updated Change Notes or list of areas with newer/modified/needs-to-be-tested functionality to help focus testing and use, etc?
Or is 1.2 purely a bug fix release?

The Release notes in the documentation http://akka.io/docs/akka/1.2-RC2/ only goes up to 1.1-SNAPSHOT.

Take care,

Hossam Karim

Aug 8, 2011, 4:50:19 PM8/8/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com, akka...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, great work, although I have to say I hoped for a better solution for 595.
-Hossam

Alex Cruise

Aug 8, 2011, 4:55:42 PM8/8/11
to Akka User List
2011/8/8 √iktor Ҡlang <viktor...@gmail.com>

I'm proud to announce that we've released the 1.2-RC2 of Akka and Akka Modules.

It was a source-compatible upgrade from 1.1.4 for us, awesome!  I did have to recompile Barkety* though--not unexpectedly.  What *was* unexpected is that it was failing silently before.  In any case, it went smoothly.

-0xe1a

* Our own fork of it at https://github.com/dashkal/Barkety

Roland Kuhn

Aug 8, 2011, 5:00:19 PM8/8/11
to akka...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 8, 2011, at 22:55 , Alex Cruise wrote:

2011/8/8 √iktor Ҡlang <viktor...@gmail.com>
I'm proud to announce that we've released the 1.2-RC2 of Akka and Akka Modules.

It was a source-compatible upgrade from 1.1.4 for us, awesome!  I did have to recompile Barkety* though--not unexpectedly.  What *was* unexpected is that it was failing silently before.  In any case, it went smoothly.

Thanks for the feedback! May I ask what exactly failed silently? That is of course something which we’d like to avoid if at all possible.

Regards,

Roland

Matthew

Aug 8, 2011, 4:16:32 PM8/8/11
to Akka User List
Sorry, kind of new to Git, and Akka as well, but which branch or tag
should I use to pull this down for GitHub? Thanks!