It seems no electricity will reach Akankha through power cables being laid

Sumanta

Sep 12, 2010, 12:57:48 AM9/12/10
to Akankha Newtown (Rajarhat), Kolkata
I read today’s paper, that Hidco has laid power cable to provide
electricity across various housing complexes at New Town. Power cable
mainly covers projects in AAIII and CBD of AAII. However the power
cable does not reach till Akankha.
It looks like Hidco has taken initiative to provide electricity to
most of New Town leaving aside Akankha . It’s a pathetic state of
affairs between BS & Hidco.

Rana Bose

Sep 12, 2010, 10:07:20 AM9/12/10
to akankha...@googlegroups.com, hila...@googlegroups.com, rh...@yahoogroups.com, New Town (Rajarhat) Kolkata, bengal-dc...@googlegroups.com
I see no technical reason as to why the cable can't be extended to Akankha/Sunrise/Hiland (pls see attached image).

Anybody in the forum who has familiarity with underground power cables can hopefully confirm .....

cable.jpg

Rana Bose

Sep 12, 2010, 10:45:48 AM9/12/10
to hila...@googlegroups.com, akankha...@googlegroups.com, rh...@yahoogroups.com, New Town (Rajarhat) Kolkata, bengal-dc...@googlegroups.com
That's good news !......

=======================

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Siddhartha Chatterjee <sidcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I stay in Hiland Woods

1. Street lights are being laid in the road coming from the
expressway. This looks positive indication

2. The  general talk/ feeling around here is on electricity coming but
the power of Mamata here is absolute and she can stir up any nuisance
if she wants.

3. No news on electric meters being given or transformers being put
inhouse, meaning even if power is coming, it may be few weeks away

However those of us living here, the talk of the moment is the street
lights being erected

Siddhartha

Rana Bose

Sep 12, 2010, 10:49:56 AM9/12/10
to akankha_newtown, New Town (Rajarhat) Kolkata, rh...@yahoogroups.com

Sowmik

Sep 13, 2010, 2:17:49 AM9/13/10
to Akankha Newtown (Rajarhat), Kolkata
Hi All,
I spoke to Tarun (GM, Market - Bengal Shelter). He has no news about
electricity coming. He is not aware about that 'Anandabazar Patrika'
news.

However, as per my knowledge the dispute was restricted to Chhapna
mouja only. Since that area is bypasssed using underground cables;
Akankha and the 2 other projects could be supplied electricity using
standard electric poles only. There is no need for any underground
cabling here. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am doing a basic
assumption here - Anandabazar Patrika has not 'invented' this news;
it's a true stroy.

Let's hope things happen for the better. Could anyone touch base with
NewTown electric supply board?

If electricity and water supply comes by year-end; I would move in.
Let me know what you guys think?

Rgards,
Sowmik

Rana Bose

Sep 13, 2010, 11:08:20 AM9/13/10
to hila...@googlegroups.com, akankha...@googlegroups.com, rh...@yahoogroups.com, New Town (Rajarhat) Kolkata, bengal-dc...@googlegroups.com
That's great news !  Has  it been confirmed by NKDA ?

 http://www.nkdamar.org/ntda/Pages.aspx?req=Home

rgds

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Sayantan Das <saya...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes I think the power problem is solved. The picture might not be drawn correctly.

--Thanks
Sayantan
--
Sayantan Das
Verific Design Automation,

http://in.linkedin.com/in/sayantand
http://sites.google.com/site/sayantand/

Rana Bose

Rana Bose

Sep 14, 2010, 7:44:23 PM9/14/10
to Sumanta, akankha_newtown, hila...@googlegroups.com, rh...@yahoogroups.com, New Town (Rajarhat) Kolkata
Yes, I noticed.  Let's hope AA2 is not far behind. Since the underground cable
has reached CBD getting to Akankha, Hiland, Sunrise,AMBUJA,SHRACHI,City Center, Swissotel, should only be a technicality (standard electric poles being one option)....

The fact that they have starting installing streetlights on the connector between Rajarhat Expressway and the Hiland/Akankha/Sunrise is a positive sign.

Can someone contact NTESC and get them to shine some light on this issue(no pun intended) ?  I am at a different time zone which makes it a little problematic....

cheers

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Sumanta <suma...@gmail.com> wrote:

This Tender is for AA1 only.