Video ads creation in the sandbox

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 8, 2008, 11:43:34 AM8/8/08
to AdWords API Forum
To follow up on an old thread (http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-
api/browse_thread/thread/9a12a36b273cc09a), after a few false starts
it does now look like video ad creation in the Sandbox environment is
enabled for all users. I tested it today and my request that
previously failed now goes through.

Apologies for the length of time it took to get this resolved.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

Jakub Matějka

Aug 31, 2011, 6:20:51 AM8/31/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a problem with creating video ad in sandbox. I use PHP API example (in file AddAds.php) and as I see I need to add mediaId to Video class instance. But according to documentation (http://code.google.com/intl/cs/apis/adwords/docs/reference/latest/MediaService.html#upload) I can upload only image files, not videos.

I read somewhere in this forum that I should use number 101 as mediaId for testing (BTW. shouldn't it be written in docs? I found out it in forum by accident) but it doesn't work. I get this response from server:

[MediaError.INVALID_MEDIA_ID @ operations[2].operand.ad.templateElements[0].fields[2].fieldMedia.mediaId; trigger:'MediaId: 101']

Thanks for help.

Cheers,
Jakub

Eric Koleda

Sep 6, 2011, 11:52:40 AM9/6/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jakub,

I'm not aware of any special video media IDs that work in the sandbox.  Since there is no UI for the sandbox it wouldn't be possible to upload videos, so I'm not sure it's possible to test video ads via the sandbox.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Jakub Matějka

Sep 7, 2011, 5:29:52 AM9/7/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Eric,

According to this discussion:
https://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/9a12a36b273cc09a/84c2e22d0f8ef4e2
it looks like there had been a possibility to create video ads with
fake media id for testing but it's three years old so I assume it's
not actual any more.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jakub

Eric Koleda

Sep 7, 2011, 9:42:21 AM9/7/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jakub,

That's correct, that post referenced a different type of video ad that has been deprecated since then.  As far as I know there are no similar tricks for creating TemplateAd based video ads in the sandbox today.

Best,
- Eric