Adword API using PHP

Poonam

Oct 26, 2010, 10:45:27 AM10/26/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I am new to Adword. My client has a job site where he want to apply
adword api functionalities. We want to add each new job as google
adword. Can someone please advise what all will be needed to implement
this? It will be helpful if I can have a sample code that implements
something like that.

Thanks,
Poonam

AdWords API Advisor

Oct 27, 2010, 12:21:25 AM10/27/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Poonam,

Depending on the programming language you want to use, you can pick a
client library from http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/clientlibraries.html.
There are lots of code examples in each of the client libraries, and
they cover most of the common scenarios in AdWords.

You will have to work out the exact details yourself, but one possible
way of doing things would be to

- Create a campaign for each company.
- Create an adgroup each for each job category in that company.
- Create ads for each job opening under that adgroup.
- Add keywords relevant to that job category in the adgroup.
- Run regular reports to see how your campaigns, adgroups, ads,
keywords are performing.
- Based on reports, modify the relevant items to fine tune their
performance.
- Delete the ad once the job role is no longer significant.

Also, if you are not familiar with AdWords itself, I recommend reading
through the articles at http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=21899
and http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/?hl=en before starting your
work with AdWords API. This will save you a lot of trouble later,
since the API documentation assumes that you are already familiar with
AdWords, and doesn't explain what a campaign or a placement is.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.