Adwords API Keyword Tool lastMonthSearchVolume return -1 randomly

hispa...@hotmail.com

Mar 6, 2009, 6:49:33 AM3/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I have configured a keyword tool like keywordtoolexternal in a server,
but the value of lastMonthSearchVolume is not received ok.

Sometimes get the correct value and sometimes I get -1 value and need
to refresh the query.

Can check what i tell in this page:
http://plantillaswebgratis.com.es/src/keywordtool.php

The query is for 2 keywords: "juegos nintendo ds" and "swap magic"

I dont know if its a temporal problem of Adwords API or related to
NUsoap class.

Any help will be appreciated.
Pablo.

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 6, 2009, 10:53:32 AM3/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Pablo,

A value of -1 is returned when there is either not enough data to
generate a reliable search volume estimate or a problem contacting the
backend service that provides search volume estimates. If you're
performing a getKeywordVariations() call with a narrow scope of
language or countries then it's more likely that there wouldn't be
enough data to generate a reliable search volume estimate.

If you believe you're getting -1 returned as the last month's search
volume erroneously, could you please provide information about the
SOAP request and response that you're sending and receiving? Either a
copy of the full SOAP request and response, or just the value of the
requestId header from the SOAP response message would be fine.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Mar 6, 6:49 am, "pv.valen...@gmail.com" <hispadon...@hotmail.com>

pv.valencia[email_at]gmail.com

Mar 6, 2009, 11:12:01 AM3/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply, but I believe the reason is not the enough
data, because keywords like "psp" or "wii" had -1 search volume, and
if i refresh the page and retry the call it gets a correct value, but
other keywords got -1 value.

This is the header I sent to Adwords API:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:SOAP-
ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns1123="http://
tempuri.org">
<SOAP-ENV:Header>
<email>mymail</email>
<password>mypass</password>
<clientEmail>mycustomermail</clientEmail>
<useragent>Firefox</useragent>
<developerToken>&& DEVELTOKEN &&</developerToken>
<applicationToken>&& APPTOKEN &&</applicationToken>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<getKeywordVariations>
<seedKeywords>
<negative>false</negative>
<text>juegos nintendo ds</text>
<type>Exact</type>
</seedKeywords>
<seedKeywords>
<negative>false</negative>
<text>swap magic</text>
<type>Exact</type>
</seedKeywords>
<useSynonyms>true</useSynonyms>
<languages>es</languages>
</getKeywordVariations>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

And The header reply:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

<soapenv:Header>
<responseTime soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/
next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/
adwords/v13">2042</responseTime>
<operations soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/
next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/
adwords/v13">1</operations>
<units soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next"
soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/
adwords/v13">20</units>
<requestId soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/
next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/
adwords/v13">902905bf80253a17fafee833664a688e</requestId>
</soapenv:Header>

Hope can help to solve this issue.

On 6 mar, 16:53, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

pv.valencia[email_at]gmail.com

Mar 6, 2009, 12:36:36 PM3/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Jeff,

Have you checked if there is any problem on Adwords API with keyword
tool?

On 6 mar, 17:12, "pv.valencia[email_at]gmail.com"

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 6, 2009, 2:01:27 PM3/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm in touch with the core engineering team, and they're
investigating whether there are any issues that might cause a failure
to retrieve lastMonthSearchVolume information.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Mar 6, 12:36 pm, "pv.valencia[email_at]gmail.com"

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 6, 2009, 5:09:15 PM3/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Please see my message at the end of this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/9580f88e47cc29aa

Fresh search volume data is currently being pushed out and replicated
globally, and the engineering team believes that the sporadic -1
results you were seeing is a side-effect of that process. Once it is
complete there should be up to date data available globally. They
mentioned that you should check again on Monday to confirm this.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Mar 6, 2:01 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

pv.valencia[email_at]gmail.com

Mar 9, 2009, 5:24:56 AM3/9/09
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you Jeff, your colaboration is highly appreciated.