Problem with generating Structure Report

alx

Dec 21, 2007, 2:19:51 PM12/21/07
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Basically we are trying to generate a keyword aggregated structure
report for account that has some number of campaigns (including site
targeted campaigns). Thus, in the report we need to specify both
'MaximumCPC' and 'MaximumCPM' as selected columns. But the problem is
that all our reports are failing if we specify 'MaximumCPM' column in
the report request. Reports are successfully scheduled, but the
statuses go Pending => In Progress => Pending => Failed. If we only
remove the 'MaximumCPM' column from the report request then everything
is working great. Just in case below is the request that we send:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<soapenv:Header>
<ns1:email soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/
next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns1="https://adwords.google.com/
api/adwords/v11">XXXXXXXX</ns1:email>
<ns2:password soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/
next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns2="https://adwords.google.com/
api/adwords/v11">XXXXXXXX</ns2:password>
<ns3:useragent soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/
next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns3="https://adwords.google.com/
api/adwords/v11">XXXXXXXX</ns3:useragent>
<ns4:developerToken soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
actor/next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns4="https://
adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11">XXXXXXXX</ns4:developerToken>
<ns5:applicationToken soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
actor/next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns5="https://
adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11">XXXXXXXX</ns5:applicationToken>
<ns6:clientEmail soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
actor/next" soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns:ns6="https://
adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11">XXXXXXXX</ns6:clientEmail>
</soapenv:Header>
<soapenv:Body>
<scheduleReportJob xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/
v11">
<job xsi:type="ns7:DefinedReportJob" xmlns:ns7="https://
adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11">
<crossClient xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</crossClient>
<endDay xsi:type="xsd:date" xsi:nil="true"/>
<name xsi:type="xsd:string">Client Structure Report</name>
<startDay xsi:type="xsd:date" xsi:nil="true"/>
<aggregationTypes xsi:type="xsd:string">Keyword</aggregationTypes>
<campaigns xsi:type="xsd:int">18502624</campaigns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">AdGroupId</selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">CampaignId</
selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">Keyword</selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">KeywordDestUrlDisplay</
selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">KeywordId</selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">KeywordMinCPC</
selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">KeywordStatus</
selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">KeywordTypeDisplay</
selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">MaximumCPC</
selectedColumns>
<selectedColumns xsi:type="xsd:string">MaximumCPM</
selectedColumns>
<selectedReportType xsi:type="xsd:string">Structure</
selectedReportType>
</job>
</scheduleReportJob>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Thanks,
--alx

AdWords API Advisor

Dec 21, 2007, 2:54:44 PM12/21/07
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Alx,

I've also received another report of this same behavior, also
seemingly triggered by the MaximumCPM column, and it is something that
the report engineers are currently investigating. I'll post additional
information as I have it.

Cheers,
-Jeffrey Posnick, AdWords API Team

alx

Dec 21, 2007, 3:15:05 PM12/21/07
to AdWords API Forum
Jeffrey, thank you for the quick response.

--alx

AdWords API Advisor

Jan 3, 2008, 10:35:34 AM1/3/08
to AdWords API Forum
To update folks on this issue: the engineers have identified the root
cause of the bug, and it is scheduled to be resolved in the next patch
release of the backend server. I don't have an exact date for that
yet, but it should be sooner rather than later and I'll post when it's
complete.

In the meantime, if you encounter this issue when running Keyword
Structure reports, omitting the various *CPC/*CPM columns should work
around it.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

AdWords API Advisor

Jan 11, 2008, 2:44:49 PM1/11/08
to AdWords API Forum
This issue should be resolved now. If any is still having trouble with
those *CPM/*CPC columns in v11 Structure reports, please let me know.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Jan 3, 10:35 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

alx

Jan 14, 2008, 6:46:00 PM1/14/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jeff,

This issue (CPM/CPC columns) seems to be fixed because reports don't
fail anymore. However, we've just noticed another problem. In our
request to generate Structure report we request KeywordMinCPC column
to be included, but once we get the report a lot of keywords have
$0.00 for keyword min bid (keywordMinCpc="0"). These keywords are not
negative keywords and not sites, and Adwords UI shows min bid values
for them greater than $0.00. We generate exactly the same soap request
as above except for a different campaign id.

Thank you,
--alex

AdWords API Advisor

Jan 15, 2008, 4:16:50 PM1/15/08
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Alex,

I'll look into that and let you know what I'm able to find out.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

alx

Jan 23, 2008, 3:02:49 PM1/23/08
to AdWords API Forum
Any update on this issue? It keeps us from upgrading to V11...

Thanks,
--alex