AdWords API Version 12 Now Available

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 26, 2008, 11:12:03 AM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
We are happy to announce the release of the AdWords API Version 12
(V12).

V12 introduces several changes to the AdWords API. Below, you'll find
the main highlights from this release. For a complete list of V12
changes, please see our release notes (http://www.google.com/apis/
adwords/developer/releasenotes.html).

V12 HIGHLIGHTS

* Conversion Optimizer support: Now you can enable Conversion
Optimizer (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
adwords_api_services.html#conversion_optimizer_section) to pay only
when an ad click leads to a conversion. Using Conversion Optimizer
requires conversion tracking to be enabled on an existing campaign
with at least 200 conversions in the past 30 days.

* CPC bidding for placement-targeted ads: Now you can use
Website.maxCpc (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
Website.html#maxCpc) or
AdGroup.siteMaxCpc (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
AdGroup.html#siteMaxCpc) to pay only when a user clicks on your
placement-targeted ad.

* Expanded code sample library: As mentioned in a previous blog post
(http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/
a4bed68b87312148/744c5156eb25e217?lnk=gst&q=code+sample
+#744c5156eb25e217), we have released 140 new code samples, 20 in 7
programming languages. Check out it out at http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/samplecode.html

V11 SUNSET IN 2008

Per our versioning policy (http://www.google.com/support/adwordsapi/
bin/answer.py?answer=33152), V11 will be supported for four months
from today, after which time it will be turned off. Therefore, please
make sure that you upgrade to V12 before July 26, 2008. As with every
new version of the AdWords API, we strongly encourage you to review
the Release Notes (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
releasenotes.html) section of the Developer's Guide (http://
www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/index.html) to learn more about
this version.

-- Borana Toska, Product Marketing

tozor

Mar 26, 2008, 12:10:33 PM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
The release notes indicate that the AdGroup.id field has been changed
from V11 to V12. However there is no difference in the field
description between the V11 and V12 versions of the docs. Is this
simply an error in the release notes?

Thanks.

Tim

On Mar 26, 10:12 am, AdWords API Advisor
<adwordsapiadvi...@google.com> wrote:
> We are happy to announce the release of the AdWords API Version 12
> (V12).
>
> V12 introduces several changes to the AdWords API. Below, you'll find
> the main highlights from this release. For a complete list of V12
> changes, please see our release notes (http://www.google.com/apis/
> adwords/developer/releasenotes.html).
>
> V12 HIGHLIGHTS
>
> * Conversion Optimizer support: Now you can enable Conversion
> Optimizer (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> adwords_api_services.html#conversion_optimizer_section) to pay only
> when an ad click leads to a conversion. Using Conversion Optimizer
> requires conversion tracking to be enabled on an existing campaign
> with at least 200 conversions in the past 30 days.
>
> * CPC bidding for placement-targeted ads: Now you can use
> Website.maxCpc (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> Website.html#maxCpc) or
> AdGroup.siteMaxCpc (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> AdGroup.html#siteMaxCpc) to pay only when a user clicks on your
> placement-targeted ad.
>
> * Expanded code sample library: As mentioned in a previous blog post
> (http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/
> a4bed68b87312148/744c5156eb25e217?lnk=gst&q=code+sample
> +#744c5156eb25e217), we have released 140 new code samples, 20 in 7
> programming languages. Check out it out athttp://www.google.com/apis/adwords/samplecode.html
>
> V11 SUNSET IN 2008
>
> Per our versioning policy (http://www.google.com/support/adwordsapi/
> bin/answer.py?answer=33152), V11 will be supported for four months
> from today, after which time it will be turned off. Therefore, please
> make sure that you upgrade to V12 before July 26, 2008. As with every
> new version of the AdWords API, we strongly encourage you to review
> the Release Notes (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> releasenotes.html) section of the Developer's Guide (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/index.html) to learn more about

rajan

Mar 26, 2008, 12:36:16 PM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
It is just type change from int to long. i see the long in
description.

Rajan
> > -- Borana Toska, Product Marketing- Hide quoted text -

eelco.v987

Mar 26, 2008, 12:45:19 PM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
Nice to see it released, I would've liked to see some more optimizer
options, but I'm not complaining...

Just out of curiosity, I assume the developers allowed to set monthly
budget know who they are?
"Monthly - Indicates a monthly base budget (available only to a
limited set of developers). new in v12"

On 26 mrt, 16:12, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> We are happy to announce the release of the AdWords API Version 12
> (V12).
>
> V12 introduces several changes to the AdWords API. Below, you'll find
> the main highlights from this release. For a complete list of V12
> changes, please see our release notes (http://www.google.com/apis/
> adwords/developer/releasenotes.html).
>
> V12 HIGHLIGHTS
>
> * Conversion Optimizer support: Now you can enable Conversion
> Optimizer (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> adwords_api_services.html#conversion_optimizer_section) to pay only
> when an ad click leads to a conversion. Using Conversion Optimizer
> requires conversion tracking to be enabled on an existing campaign
> with at least 200 conversions in the past 30 days.
>
> * CPC bidding for placement-targeted ads: Now you can use
> Website.maxCpc (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> Website.html#maxCpc) or
> AdGroup.siteMaxCpc (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> AdGroup.html#siteMaxCpc) to pay only when a user clicks on your
> placement-targeted ad.
>
> * Expanded code sample library: As mentioned in a previous blog post
> (http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/
> a4bed68b87312148/744c5156eb25e217?lnk=gst&q=code+sample
> +#744c5156eb25e217), we have released 140 new code samples, 20 in 7
> programming languages. Check out it out athttp://www.google.com/apis/adwords/samplecode.html
>
> V11 SUNSET IN 2008
>
> Per our versioning policy (http://www.google.com/support/adwordsapi/
> bin/answer.py?answer=33152), V11 will be supported for four months
> from today, after which time it will be turned off. Therefore, please
> make sure that you upgrade to V12 before July 26, 2008. As with every
> new version of the AdWords API, we strongly encourage you to review
> the Release Notes (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/
> releasenotes.html) section of the Developer's Guide (http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/index.html) to learn more about

zdvso...@hotmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 12:45:49 PM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
It changes from int to long, but the v10/v11docs were accidently
changed (they make you believe that in v11 AdGroup.Id is a long, but
it is actually an int).

BTW The v12 docs has another omission:
DefinedReportJob.AdGroups is defined as an int[], I assume that must
be long[] ?!
Or does the API have an error?

Thanks.

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 26, 2008, 4:58:31 PM3/26/08
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the feedback on the documentation update. The v11 docs do
appear to have been changed inadvertently; the ad group IDs are still
ints, not longs, in v11. I've let the docs team know about that.

As for the DefinedReportJob.AdGroups array, the v12 docs are correct.
The v12 ReportService service still expects an array of ints (which is
a little counter-intuitive, I know).

And as for the monthly budget changes, yes, accounts that have been
enabled for monthly budgets via the API will have been notified.

Cheers,
-Jeffrey Posnick, AdWords API Team

On Mar 26, 12:45 pm, "zdvsoftw...@hotmail.com"

AdWords API Advisor

Apr 1, 2008, 7:50:03 PM4/1/08
to AdWords API Forum
UPDATE: April 2, 2008

Please note that now you can enable Conversion Optimizer to adjust
cost-per-acquisition bids through the AdWords API. The way this
feature was initially described was inaccurate. We apologize for the
confusion.

-- Borana Toska, Product Marketing