AdWords API v2009 Launch

AdWords API Advisor

Jun 30, 2009, 11:19:34 AM6/30/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello All,

The AdWords API Team is pleased to announce the launch of AdWords API
v2009 in production! There are a lot of details regarding the launch,
so please check out our blog post for the full scoop:

http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2009/06/adwords-api-v2009-launch.html

-The AdWords API Team

JC

Jul 1, 2009, 4:28:12 PM7/1/09
to AdWords API Forum
OK I know this is a silly question and is probably the wrong place to
post it, but can someone clarify what is meant by a "Third Part
Developer"? I assume it means someone wanting to develop a program
that works with adwords to then either sell or pass on to other
companies? If we want to develop a program to use the Adwords API for
internal use within our business only then we're not bound to the
third party rules are we?

Thanks

On Jun 30, 4:19 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

rohitc

Jul 1, 2009, 6:38:41 PM7/1/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Doug & The AdWords Team:

Congratulations on the Update. Have a couple of questions on the
upgrade...

1. Are there any code samples available for v2009 or is this only
available after the 'registration process' goes through and our account
(s) are accepted?
The existing code examples archive still refers to v13 API. In
particular, we'd like to see how the functionality around reporting
has changed.

2. Is there an API that gives facilitates minimal navigation across
the entire structure to iterate over objects that have 'changed only'
since a last sync date?
If yes, could you post an example or pointers to API docs for this?

3. Is there any API to recursively update values across the campaign
structure?
e.g. update all keywords recursively within a campaign or adgroup?
If yes and if this is an asynchronous call, is there a notification
service that alerts us when this long running task is completed?

4. Are there any new DKIs e.g. like existing DKIs = {keyword}
{creative} etc available that may be used in ad text and keyword url
substitutions?

5. The docs at http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/v2009/docs/ state
that v2009 is in BETA.
When is the API v2009 expected to be upgraded from BETA to FINAL?
Or is the product release FINAL but the docs still in BETA?

Let me know; thank you.

- Rohit

On Jun 30, 8:19 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 2, 2009, 11:00:42 AM7/2/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Rohit,

(Most of) Our official client libraries have already been updated to
work with the new release, v200906. They're available from

http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/clients.html

The PHP and Ruby client libraries are still being worked on, and
should be released in the near future. I'd recommend that you use one
of the official client libraries rather than standalone sample code,
as you'll have a much better development experience. If you do want to
see standalone code for v200906, though, you can find it linked to
from the bottom of the page mentioned above.

"Change history" functionality is something we pre-announced as a
v2009 feature in our initial Sandbox announcement:

http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2009/04/hello-all-as-we-mentioned-in-our.html

It has not yet been implemented as of v200906, and my understanding is
that it remains on the list of forthcoming features.

There's no specific method for performing recursive updates native to
the v2009 API. You'd still have to implement logic for determining
what objects to update in your code. As mentioned in our v2009 Launch
blog post, asynchronous calls have not yet been implemented.

What you refer to as dynamic keyword insertion is not a feature of
the AdWords API, but rather of the basic AdWords system. I don't have
any information about future plans for additional features.

The current release of v2009 is considered beta. I don't have any
information to share about if and when it will be marked as final,
though I can say that many iterations of the legacy API were
officially considered beta but were still used in production systems.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

tsmthiago

Jul 8, 2009, 9:13:13 AM7/8/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi!

I got the DotNet Client Library from http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/clients.html
and the examples about v13 works fine for me, but i can't execute any
method from v200906, I get some diferent errors according to method
that I call.

When I called the v200906.GetActiveCriteria method, I got the
following error

Gets all active non-negative criteria in an account.
Failed to retrieve active criterion in this Account. Exception says
"InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR @ "

When I called the v200906.AddAdGroup method, I got the following error

Create an Adgroup in a given Campaign
Failed to create ad group. Exception says
"com.google.net.rpc.RpcException: APPLICATION_ERROR;Account has been
deleted for
clientEmail ;AppErrorCode=2;StartTimeMs=1247058422730;ServerTimeSec=0.6446387767791748;TCP;CliLog=256;SrvLog=256;ReqSecLevel=integrity;RespFormat=UNCOMPRESSED;/
AdGroupService.mutate;LastReqID=734e6ced1c4e2254;LastGlobalID=bd8634cf28743188;Server=10.199.166.34:25406"
Press [Enter] to continue

I did not find any documentation about this errors, anyone get the
same error?

On Jul 2, 12:00 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hello Rohit,
>
>  (Most of) Our official client libraries have already been updated to
> work with the new release, v200906. They're available from
>
>  http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/clients.html
>
> The PHP and Ruby client libraries are still being worked on, and
> should be released in the near future. I'd recommend that you use one
> of the official client libraries rather than standalone sample code,
> as you'll have a much better development experience. If you do want to
> see standalone code for v200906, though, you can find it linked to
> from the bottom of the page mentioned above.
>
>  "Change history" functionality is something we pre-announced as a
> v2009 feature in our initial Sandbox announcement:
>
>  http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2009/04/hello-all-as-we-mentioned-in-o...

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 8, 2009, 5:09:10 PM7/8/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Unfortunately, the errors returning in the Sandbox environment are
still a bit raw. I believe that in both cases the error is occurring
because you're not providing anything for the clientEmail SOAP request
header--you should be setting this to something like
"client...@domain.com", where "us...@domain.com" is the value
Google Account email address you're using for the Sandbox environment.

On Jul 8, 9:13 am, tsmthiago <tsmthi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I got the DotNet Client Library fromhttp://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/clients.html
> and the examples about v13 works fine for me, but i can't execute any
> method from v200906, I get some diferent errors according to method
> that I call.
>
> When I called the v200906.GetActiveCriteria method, I got the
> following error
>
> Gets all active non-negative criteria in an account.
> Failed to retrieve active criterion in this Account. Exception says
> "InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR @ "
>
> When I called the v200906.AddAdGroup method, I got the following error
>
> Create an Adgroup in a given Campaign
> Failed to create ad group. Exception says
> "com.google.net.rpc.RpcException: APPLICATION_ERROR;Account has been
> deleted for
> clientEmail ;AppErrorCode=2;StartTimeMs=1247058422730;ServerTimeSec=0.6446387767791748; TCP;CliLog=256;SrvLog=256;ReqSecLevel=integrity;RespFormat=UNCOMPRESSED;/
> AdGroupService.mutate;LastReqID=734e6ced1c4e2254;LastGlobalID=bd8634cf28743 188;Server=10.199.166.34:25406"

knguyen

Jul 9, 2009, 12:40:49 PM7/9/09
to AdWords API Forum
I got the following error when trying to get a list of campaigns from
a client account:
Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server
faultSubcode:
faultString: InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR @

Here is the code:
String email = args[0];
String password = args[1];
String clientId = "client_1+" + email;
String userAgent = "dev-sandbox";
String developerToken = email + "++USD";
String applicationToken = null;
boolean useSandbox = true;

AdWordsUser user = new AdWordsUser(email, password, clientId,
userAgent, developerToken, applicationToken, useSandbox);

CampaignServiceInterface campaignService = user.getService
(AdWordsService.V200906.CAMPAIGN_SERVICE);
CampaignSelector campaignSelector = new CampaignSelector();
campaignService.get(campaignSelector);
}

jellegaa

Jul 14, 2009, 10:01:58 AM7/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
I do see that accessing the underlying information of a gclid-tag is
still not on the list.
That seems pretty important to me. What are your thoughts on including
such a feature?

~Jesper

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 14, 2009, 12:06:57 PM7/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm not exactly sure what kind of information you're hoping to
retrieve, but I'm not aware of any plans to add any features to the
v2009 API other than what we've publicly talked about in our blog
posts.

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

knguyen

Jul 14, 2009, 1:52:45 PM7/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Any comment on this issue? I couldn't access any service in the
sandbox environment.

Many thanks.

tsmthiago

Jul 14, 2009, 2:51:29 PM7/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, Jeff!

Thanks for reply!

I filled the clientEmail and the code worked!

Now I have two another problems..

I got access the v13 on production, but when I try to access on
sandbox, I receive the following error: The developer token is
invalid.
-> There are different token's for sandbox/production or v2009/v13?
I'm using the same developertoken and applicationtoken to both
(sandbox/production and v2009/v13, is it right?). I only uncomment the
key of web.config file, according the code:
<!-- Uncomment this key if you want to use v13 sandbox. -->
<add key="v13.Url" value="https://sandbox.google.com"/>

I got access the v2009 on the sandbox, but when I try to access v2009
on production, I receive the following error: "Failed to create
campaign. Exception says
"NotWhitelistedError.CUSTOMER_NOT_WHITELISTED_FOR_API @ "
-> I already filled the form to be whitelistened. There are any
deadline to approve my request?

regards!

On Jul 8, 6:09 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Unfortunately, the errors returning in the Sandbox environment are
> still a bit raw. I believe that in both cases the error is occurring
> because you're not providing anything for the clientEmail SOAP request
> header--you should be setting this to something like
> "client_1+u...@domain.com", where "u...@domain.com" is the value

tsmthiago

Jul 14, 2009, 3:29:20 PM7/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
I found this URL: http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/developer/adwords_api_sandbox.html#requestheaders
that say to put login_id++currency_code on the developerToken when we
access though sandbox..

Now my application v13 works fine too!

thanks!

Mauro

Aug 14, 2009, 12:16:56 PM8/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I just got into the same error
(NotWhitelistedError.CUSTOMER_NOT_WHITELISTED_FOR_API), but I'm
sending the header as documented.

I'm still haven't signed up for v2009 (is that what is called to be
"whitelisted") but I thought it was not necesary for the sandbox
enviroment.

Cheers,

Mauro

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 14, 2009, 5:47:42 PM8/14/09
to AdWords API Forum
Mauro,

You are correct, signup is not required for the V2009 API in the
sandbox environment. Which URL are you sending the requests to?

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Mauro Spivak

Aug 14, 2009, 6:08:19 PM8/14/09
to adwordsa...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Eric,

I fixed this. Jus for documentation, the error was I was using the same for url and for the namespace.

The correct way of accesing the Sandbox is:

Now I'm stucked with the unexpected internal error issue!

Cheers!

Mauro

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 17, 2009, 12:58:54 PM8/17/09
to AdWords API Forum
Mauro,

That is correct, the endpoint URL of the web service changes, but the
namespace remains the same. We are still looking into some sparse
reports regarding the internal errors, check the thread I created for
updates.

Best,
- Eric