No April/May search volume with targeting idea service.

dmitriy

Jun 24, 2010, 6:26:22 AM6/24/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

We are having a problem getting monthly search volume for April and
May 2010 with the targeting idea service. We are using
TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES to obtain the search volume in each of the
last 12 months, and it returns search volumes for June 2009 up to
March 2010, but it doesn't return anything for April and May 2010.

Can someone have a look to see whether there is a problem with our
code, or is there perhaps a problem with the API that it simply
doesn't return data for these two most recent months? Below is the
code we have used to get the search volume for several keywords,
including big terms like toys for which we would expect a big search
volume in any month.

Any help is much appreciated.

$user = new AdWordsUser();
$user->LogDefaults();
$user->SetClientId('*******');
$targetingIdeaService = $user->GetTargetingIdeaService('v200909');

$keywords = array();
$keyword = new Keyword();
$keyword->text = 'window shutters';
$keyword->matchType = 'EXACT';
$keywords[] = $keyword;
$keyword = new Keyword();
$keyword->text = 'shutters';
$keyword->matchType = 'EXACT';
$keywords[] = $keyword;
$keyword = new Keyword();
$keyword->text = 'plantation shutters';
$keyword->matchType = 'EXACT';
$keywords[] = $keyword;
$keyword = new Keyword();
$keyword->text = 'blinds';
$keyword->matchType = 'EXACT';
$keywords[] = $keyword;
$keyword = new Keyword();
$keyword->text = 'toys';
$keyword->matchType = 'EXACT';
$keywords[] = $keyword;
$keyword = new Keyword();
$keyword->text = 'playmobil';
$keyword->matchType = 'EXACT';
$keywords[] = $keyword;

$selector = new TargetingIdeaSelector();
$selector->requestType = 'STATS';
$selector->ideaType = 'KEYWORD';
$selector->requestedAttributeTypes = array('KEYWORD',
'TARGETED_MONTHLY_SEARCHES');

$paging = new Paging();
$paging->startIndex = 0;
$paging->numberResults = 10;
$selector->paging = $paging;

$relatedToKeywordSearchParameter = new
RelatedToKeywordSearchParameter();
$relatedToKeywordSearchParameter->keywords = $keywords;
$keywordMatchTypeSearchParameter = new
KeywordMatchTypeSearchParameter(array('EXACT'));
$countryTargetSearchParameter = new CountryTargetSearchParameter();
$countryTargetSearchParameter->countryTargets = array(new
CountryTarget('GB'));
$languageTargetSearchParameter = new LanguageTargetSearchParameter();
$languageTargetSearchParameter->languageTargets = array(new
LanguageTarget('en'));

$selector->searchParameters = array($relatedToKeywordSearchParameter,
$countryTargetSearchParameter, $languageTargetSearchParameter,
$keywordMatchTypeSearchParameter);

$page = $targetingIdeaService->get($selector);

AdWords API Advisor

Jun 25, 2010, 4:05:42 PM6/25/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'll investigate the problem and
update this thread when I have more information.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

chewy

Jul 1, 2010, 7:50:50 PM7/1/10
to AdWords API Forum
To: Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team...

Were you able to find an answer to this issue? I've been seeing the
same things as well.

On Jun 25, 1:05 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

Jason Tan

Jul 2, 2010, 4:29:43 PM7/2/10
to AdWords API Forum
I am also experiencing this problem with missing data for June 2010
since rolling over to the new month on July 1.

slimeyboy

Jul 8, 2010, 1:00:01 AM7/8/10
to AdWords API Forum
Same problem as here :
http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/22e1c5104c42ee84/670aa3d80b1db133?lnk=gst&q=two+months#670aa3d80b1db133

Why is data no being returned.

I've posted the XML request and responses in the above thread so I'm
hoping the adwords team will be able to provide some insight and a
resolution.

Olli Kaven

Jul 9, 2010, 6:04:34 AM7/9/10
to AdWords API Forum
Same problem also here.

On the 31st of June everything worked perfectly for Global and Local
search volumes. After 1st of July Adwords API has been giving no
results.

slimeyboy

Jul 12, 2010, 5:11:28 AM7/12/10
to AdWords API Forum
Some response from the adwords team would be appreciated... even if
it's just to acknowledge it by saying "we know about it and are
working on a solution". Eric are you reading these posts?

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 12, 2010, 7:11:54 PM7/12/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi All,

I apologize for the delayed response. The core engineering team is
aware of the issue and is working on a resolution.

Best,
- Eric

slimeyboy

Jul 12, 2010, 11:27:06 PM7/12/10
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for finally getting back to us all on this.

Any idea how long we might be waiting?

Again, I have a production service (as I'm sure many others do) that
relies heavily on this data being available.

Best,

Simon

On Jul 13, 12:11 am, AdWords API Advisor

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 14, 2010, 12:41:20 PM7/14/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Simon,

At this point I don't have any information on when this data will be
available.

Best,
- Eric

shiraazz

Jul 16, 2010, 3:04:52 AM7/16/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

My company also relies on this data. I hope this is taken as high
priority.
This service is highly appreciated.

On Jul 14, 6:41 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

benr75

Jul 19, 2010, 1:10:03 PM7/19/10
to AdWords API Forum
Our company as well. Any update from the Google Team appreciated.

@chasers

Jul 20, 2010, 12:37:21 PM7/20/10
to AdWords API Forum
+1 here :)

slimeyboy

Jul 20, 2010, 10:17:47 PM7/20/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Eric.

Please get back to us all with an update.

I can't believe such an important element of a production service can
be knocked out like this for over 3wks without any formal explanation
of the problem to your customers or outlook for resolution. In fact,
I don't know of a production related system issue that ever took 3 wks
to fix full stop.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best, Simon

On Jul 13, 12:11 am, AdWords API Advisor

calford

Jul 21, 2010, 2:34:57 AM7/21/10
to AdWords API Forum
Sadly I have to agree with Simon,

Search volumes is one of the key reasons why we decided to use (and
pay for) the API.

looking forward to getting an answer

AdWords API Advisor

Jul 21, 2010, 2:53:23 PM7/21/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi All,

The core engineering team is actively working on this issue, but
unfortunately I don't have a timeline for when it will be resolved.
There are currently no workarounds to retrieve the missing search
volume information, and the problem is related to some recent backend
work in the TargetingIdeaService. I will update this thread when I
have more information.

Best,
- Eric

@chasers

Jul 21, 2010, 6:11:46 PM7/21/10
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the update Eric ... we just need to know you guys are still
on it.

On Jul 21, 11:53 am, AdWords API Advisor

slimeyboy

Jul 21, 2010, 8:57:54 PM7/21/10
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks for the info Eric.

Here's hoping that there's a fix on the horizon.

Best,

Simon

On Jul 21, 7:53 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 2, 2010, 2:09:16 PM8/2/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi All,

This problem has been resolved, and there is now search volume
available through June. Let me know if you see other unexpected gaps
in search volume information.

Best,
- Eric

shiraazz

Aug 3, 2010, 2:49:44 AM8/3/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I am in South Africa, and I just tried it. Still zeros for every
result.

On Aug 2, 8:09 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

calford

Aug 3, 2010, 3:32:44 AM8/3/10
to AdWords API Forum
I tried it yesterday and today. It seems to be working ok.

Thanks.

shiraazz i assume you tried different keywords?
I tried BMW (among others) all got results.
only July doesnt get results, but that is expected, that data should
appear on the 8th.

grba

Aug 12, 2010, 7:29:10 PM8/12/10
to AdWords API Forum
You mentioned 8th of the month - does that mean that search results
will be null for the previous month, or it will not be returned until
there is the data. For example would we get null for July until August
8th, or July data wouldn't even be there before then? It is a bit
confusing, but we also rely on the latest month's data, and if that is
null before 8th of the current month, we need to modify code and fall
back to the latest month that has searches. Can someone from Adwords
team clarify this?

Thanks!

@chasers

Aug 13, 2010, 1:32:58 AM8/13/10
to AdWords API Forum
Not on the AdWords team here...

But, from our experience it seems as though the Global numbers are
from last month and the local search volume data for July will be
null.

Tested this today, and it's still not updated for July yet.

AdWords API Advisor

Aug 13, 2010, 5:54:00 PM8/13/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi All,

The search volume data for the previous month is generally available
about a week after the month has ended.

Best,
- Eric

On Aug 13, 1:32 am, "@chasers" <chase.granbe...@authoritylabs.com>