Managed Placements reporting service not showing all managed placements

Reed

Jan 13, 2011, 9:58:25 AM1/13/11
to AdWords API Forum
I've been tracking this down for a while, finally ended up going line
by line through the CSV file that the reporting service sends me and
the on-screen data in the AdWords GUI. The problem I was seeing was
that a specific client account was always having problems with their
performance data at the keyword & managed placement level not matching
their performance data at the account level.

I found that there are placements with names that begin "category::"
and have formats like this
category::name>subname
category::name>subname>subname

note that this is different from placements with names like
slickdeals.net::entire site,top

Performance data for all of the placements with the "category::"
placement names is not appearing in the CSV files that I get from the
reporting service. A sample Report ID for one that I ran yesterday is
14029566

I will provide further details and a copy of the csv file from that
report ID via the private email.

thanks,
-reed

AdWords API Advisor

Jan 18, 2011, 6:24:04 PM1/18/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Reed,

This is a known issue, that Vertical criteria are included in the UI
and reports created in the UI, but not in reports created through the
API. I'm working with the core engineering team to address this, but
I don't know what the solution will be or when it will be available.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Reed

Jan 20, 2011, 10:05:43 AM1/20/11
to AdWords API Forum
Eric: Are there any columns that can be used in an ad performance
report to isolate the ads from Vertical Placements? I took a look and
didn't see any, but want to see if that is an alternative. We have
found that report to be useful for loading certain accounts' video
performance data and remarketing campaign performance data, by
filtering the data returned in the report, even though there is no API
functionality to specifically address those types of data. I see in
the list of fields for ad performance reports that KeywordID is
included, but not the keyword/placement name itself. If I knew the
keyword/placement name that triggered an ad, I could filter the ad
performance data base on that info.

thanks,
-reed

AdWords API Advisor

Jan 20, 2011, 5:44:31 PM1/20/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Reed,

There is no way to filter out Vertical criteria from the AD report.
One solution may be to use the AdGroupCriterionService to get the IDs
of all your Vertical criteria, and then correlate those to KeywordId
field in the AD report later.

Best,
- Eric