Support for Ad Sitelinks via API?

Rohit

Nov 6, 2009, 5:19:28 PM11/6/09
to AdWords API Forum
A lot of our clients have been working with Google (on an invitational
basis) in test driving / adding support for Ad Sitelinks; i.e.
https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164778

These clients have asked us if our Search App (which uses AdWords API)
is capable of tracking performance of sitelink clicks, capable of A/B
testing, etc.

What is Google's plan to support Ad Sitelinks via the AdWords API?
either v13 or v2009 / v2010?

AdWords API Advisor

Nov 9, 2009, 10:08:31 AM11/9/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have any information about plans for that
particular feature. In general the API aims to expose much of the
same functionality as the web interface. Thank you for your feedback,
and I'll pass on your interest to the core engineering team.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

On Nov 6, 5:19 pm, Rohit <rohit.col...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of our clients have been working with Google (on an invitational
> basis) in test driving / adding support for Ad Sitelinks; i.e.https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164778

Santhosh Nair

Nov 9, 2009, 8:11:48 PM11/9/09
to AdWords API Forum

Hi Eric,
We too are interested in tracking the performance (conversion
tracking) of sitelinks using external tracking mechanism. Are there
some dynamic parameters like {Keyword} & {Creative} that we could
append to site links to uniquely identify associated keyword Id &
Ad. Id .

thanks,
Santhosh

On Nov 9, 7:08 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Nov 10, 2009, 12:56:51 PM11/10/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Santhosh,

I'm not sure if sitelinks support the {Keyword} and {Creative}
placeholders in the URL, but this should be easy to test. This
feature is not exactly part of the AdWords SOAP API, so I would
recommend posting the question to the general AdWords forum:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdWords.

Best,
- Eric

Santhosh Nair

Nov 10, 2009, 5:14:39 PM11/10/09
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Eric. I will post this question on AdWords forum.
Santhosh

On Nov 10, 9:56 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

Jay

Nov 19, 2009, 4:39:33 PM11/19/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Santhosh,

Were you able to find out if there is a keyword id parameter that
works with site link clicks?

Thanks,
Jay

Peer Jakobsen (AdWords API Guru)

Nov 19, 2009, 5:31:17 PM11/19/09
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Jay,

Both the {keyword} and the {creative} tags works for sitelinks

Cheers,

Peer