Traffic Estimator & Language/Geo Targeting

AdWords API Advisor

Nov 28, 2007, 5:26:45 PM11/28/07
to AdWords API Forum
We've heard several requests users who are fans of the options offered
by the web-based Traffic Estimator tool (https://adwords.google.com/
select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox), and would like to implement similar
functionality in their own custom applications using the AdWords API.

The AdWords API's Traffic Estimator Service is your friend here (see
http://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/TrafficEstimatorService.html),
but the most obvious method to use, estimateKeywordList(), has one
shortcoming: it assumes that you're requesting keyword traffic
estimates for a campaign with global targeting. What if you plan on
using your newly-estimated keywords in a geographically targeted
campaign, or if your campaign runs in a specific language?

The answer is to eschew estimateKeywordList() for it's more
customizable sibling, estimateCampaignList(). When you call
estimateCampaignList() you can either populate information about an
existing campaign structure and get traffic estimates, or pass in
values that don't correspond to an existing campaign structure if
you'd like to receive estimates for an arbitrary combination of
geographic and language targets (just like you can via the web-based
Traffic Estimator tool).

Here's an example SOAP body for an estimateCampaignList() request to
get traffic estimates for the Search Network for three keywords with
different match types and max CPC values. The estimates returned will
assume an English-language campaign (<languageTargeting>en</
languageTargeting>) targeting the United States (<countryTargets>US</
countryTargets>).

<estimateCampaignList>
<campaignRequests>
<adGroupRequests>
<keywordRequests>
<text>first</text>
<type>Broad</type>
</keywordRequests>
<keywordRequests>
<text>second</text>
<type>Phrase</type>
</keywordRequests>
<keywordRequests>
<text>third</text>
<type>Exact</type>
<maxCpc>200000</maxCpc>
</keywordRequests>
<maxCpc>100000</maxCpc>
</adGroupRequests>
<geoTargeting>
<countryTargets>US</countryTargets>
<targetAll>false</targetAll>
</geoTargeting>
<languageTargeting>en</languageTargeting>
<networkTargeting>
<networkTypes>SearchNetwork</networkTypes>
</networkTargeting>
</campaignRequests>
</estimateCampaignList>

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, AdWords API Team

hitesh

Dec 4, 2007, 4:22:09 AM12/4/07
to AdWords API Forum
Hello, Jeff,

As you have mentioned in the post I have tried for that

But the result is totaly different from the GUI Traffic Estimator
Tool

e.g when i pass max CPC $5 for Country US it gives me

Estimated Avg. CPC : $1.05 - $1.58
Estimated Ad Positions : 1 - 3
Estimated Clicks / Day : 24,035 - 30,053
Estimated Cost / Day : $25,260 - $47,370

Now I have my Approved Tokens when I use API and Pass the request as u
have mentioned in this thread for country(geotargeting) US and Maxcpc
= $5 the respose I get is

[lowerAvgPosition] => 1.0
[lowerClicksPerDay] => 40607.973
[lowerCpc] => 4500000
[upperAvgPosition] => 3.0
[upperClicksPerDay] => 60911.973
[upperCpc] => 4843911

See the Clicks Per Day, CPC is quite different .

Also when i change the country the result is not changing .

so which is the Valid data in GUI Tool or Using API ? data from API
and GUI tool should be same

Can u give me some small example in PHP my request is
<estimateCampaignList>
<campaignRequests>
<adGroupRequests>

<keywordRequests>
<text>google</text>
<type>Broad</type>
<maxCpc>5000000</maxCpc>
</keywordRequests>
<maxCpc>5000000</maxCpc>
</adGroupRequests>
<geoTargeting>
<countryTargets>US</countryTargets>
<targetAll>false</targetAll>
</geoTargeting>
<languageTargeting>en</languageTargeting>
<networkTargeting>
<networkTypes>SearchNetwork</networkTypes>
</networkTargeting>
</campaignRequests>
</estimateCampaignList>";

I am receiving data so there is no syntax error,

Still Can any one provide me example of above request using
PHP(Apility) ?

And In the GUI Tool the URL is https://adwords.google.com/select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox

So is the Data is for Sandbox as the URL name is
TrafficEstimatorSandbox

so is data Correct using GUI Tool or API ?

On Nov 29, 3:26 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>
wrote:
> We've heard several requests users who are fans of the options offered
> by the web-based Traffic Estimator tool (https://adwords.google.com/
> select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox), and would like to implement similar
> functionality in their own custom applications using the AdWords API.
>
> The AdWords API's Traffic Estimator Service is your friend here (seehttp://www.google.com/apis/adwords/developer/TrafficEstimatorService....),

hitesh

Dec 4, 2007, 4:50:03 AM12/4/07
to AdWords API Forum
Hello jeff Hitesh Again
you can Chk My Application at this URL

http://www.mlep.com/~ahmusers/apility/keywordsearch.php

hitesh

Dec 4, 2007, 4:50:15 AM12/4/07
to AdWords API Forum

AdWords API Advisor

Dec 18, 2007, 12:50:21 PM12/18/07
to AdWords API Forum
I wanted to correct a mistake in the XML sample: the <countryTargets>
element should have a list of countries as individual <countries> sub-
elements. Serves me right for trying to put together the example by
hand instead of using one of the API libraries-in general, using one
of the API libraries will take care of creating the underlying XML for
you.

Here's what the previous sample XML should look like if you wanted to
target both the US and Canada:

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<estimateCampaignList>
<campaignRequests>
<adGroupRequests>
<keywordRequests>
<text>first</text>
<type>Broad</type>
</keywordRequests>
<keywordRequests>
<text>second</text>
<type>Phrase</type>
</keywordRequests>
<keywordRequests>
<text>third</text>
<type>Exact</type>
<maxCpc>200000</maxCpc>
</keywordRequests>
<maxCpc>100000</maxCpc>
</adGroupRequests>
<geoTargeting>
<countryTargets>
<countries>US</countries>
<countries>CA</countries>
</countryTargets>
<targetAll>false</targetAll>
</geoTargeting>
<languageTargeting>en</languageTargeting>
<networkTargeting>
<networkTypes>SearchNetwork</networkTypes>
</networkTargeting>
</campaignRequests>
</estimateCampaignList>

Cheers,