Illustrator CS 3 Installs Shared Component Only

Ti...@adobeforums.com

Apr 27, 2007, 5:43:15 PM4/27/07
Hi

I am trying to install Illustrator CS3, but all the time only the shared components are installed on my computer, not the mail program (Illustrator).
My system is XP, 1.5 GB of RAM. I have already tried to uninstall the program/ shared components + deleteing of the program file folder.

Any tips or hints for this problem would be welcome.

Timo

Dierk_...@adobeforums.com

Apr 28, 2007, 5:31:28 AM4/28/07
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:43:15 -0700, Ti...@adobeforums.com wrote:

>Any tips or hints for this problem would be welcome.

1. Open your Windows registry with regedit [if you have no idea what I
am writing about - leave it and ask a computer consultant].

2. Look for these two entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svg
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svgz

3. Right-click and set the rights for the SYSTEM account to Full.

4. Close regedit and install Illustrator.

For strange and probably unknown reasons sometimes the access rights
for certain [rather uninteresting and minor] registry entries get
lost. I have had this with one or two Acrobat entries between v7 and
v8, now with Illustrator between CS2 and CS3, and Quicktime between
6.x and 7.0.

Very annoying; Apple at least did not leave the customer to find any
log files, they wrote out the problematic key.

--
Dierk (sometimes known as Evo2Me)
[DH² Publishing]

Ti...@adobeforums.com

Apr 28, 2007, 7:26:40 PM4/28/07
Thanks a lot ! That saved my day !!

Timo

k._ro...@adobeforums.com

Apr 29, 2007, 2:17:13 PM4/29/07
Dierk aka Evo2Me
You are my hero!!! Thanks so much ... I was already about pulling my hair out. Never ever I would have found the problem by my own. You have saved the rest of my weekend ... thanks again!!!!

Brian...@adobeforums.com

May 2, 2007, 11:06:02 AM5/2/07
Hello,
I am having the same exact problems....

I did as you suggested and set the reg to FULL, but when I try to reinstall Illustrator... it will not allow me to.

Am I supposed to uninstall Illustrator CS2 first before installing Illustrator CS 3?

thanks

ste...@adobeforums.com

May 2, 2007, 12:20:00 PM5/2/07
Just noticed this thread, but sorted it out myself - I just deleted the SVG & SVGZ file types from Folder Options -> File Types and then reinstalled - Fixed!

Brian...@adobeforums.com

May 2, 2007, 2:40:52 PM5/2/07
Stevent.

You are the man...

thanks so much.. I delete those files and it installed.

I can now breathe a huge sigh of relief!

Thanks to Dierk also for helping offline!

George_...@adobeforums.com

May 2, 2007, 8:07:10 PM5/2/07
Yes this does work. I had the same problem and changed the above mentioned files. Thanks for the advice. GT

Ronald.ward1@ntlworld.com@adobeforums.com

May 7, 2007, 3:44:35 AM5/7/07
Thanks a lot, after days of trying to resolve this problem I have succeeded at last.

Just deleted the SVG & SVGZ file types from Folder Options -> File Types and then reinstalled - Fixed!

Reinstalled from the add/remove of control panel and it worked.

The file assoiation is renewed by the reinstall and are written to Illustrator 11.

Again many thanks.

Donald@15@adobeforums.com

May 13, 2007, 12:05:00 AM5/13/07
I'm using Windows XP Home edition and I cannot find the .svg and .svgz files in the registry or Folder Options. When installing Ai CS3, I get the message, "Please insert Adobe Illustrator," which makes no sense. Does anyone know how to bypass this.

P.S. I downloaded the trial version of Ai from this Adobe website.

nicho...@gmail.com

May 16, 2007, 7:38:47 AM5/16/07
On May 13, 5:05 am, Donald@1...@adobeforums.com wrote:
> I'm using Windows XP Home edition and I cannot find the .svg and .svgz files in the registry or Folder Options. When installing Ai CS3, I get the message, "Please insert AdobeIllustrator," which makes no sense. Does anyone know how to bypass this.

> P.S. I downloaded the trial version of Ai from this Adobe website.

i'm having the same problem with media center, the .svg and .svgz
aren't in regedit

z...@adobeforums.com

Aug 6, 2007, 5:35:22 AM8/6/07

I got problem while installing adobe illustrator CS3. Before this, I've
already installed AI CS3 in my notebook and its working. Recently, i
uninstall the previous one because of some personal issue and it happen
successfully. But when i want to install a new pack of AI CS3(new from
the box), it didn't going well.

I got this error:
Product: Adobe Illustrator CS3 -- Error 1401.Could not create key \Software\Classes\.vst\OpenWithList\Illustrator.exe. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I try to delete the registry .svg & svgz, but i cant find this file..anyone, plz help me.. :(