Other Platforms or Browsers

Marcel Georgii

Mar 11, 2003, 1:08:54 PM3/11/03
Is there a support (only the PlugIn) for other systems than windows 2000/XP/98/ME and for other browser as IE 5.01 or above?

Jim Coe

Mar 11, 2003, 4:45:18 PM3/11/03
Not in the beta version. Of course there will be.

And I thought it was MSIE 5.5+ ?

erik champion

Mar 12, 2003, 7:01:32 AM3/12/03
The page <http://www.adobe.com/products/atmosphere/systemreqs.html>

recommended) Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 and above.

However, another having plugin problems upgraded from 5.5 to IE6 and it worked--perhaps a longwinded way.I would like to know the new official system reqs but I really suspect 5 and even 5.5 may not be enough..

Marcel Georgii

Mar 12, 2003, 1:03:16 PM3/12/03
Hmm on 5.5 it works great. But I think it is Internet Explorer 5.01 because in this version are a lot of new things from M$.

Minh Nguyen (

Mar 12, 2003, 5:39:44 PM3/12/03
Atmosphere supports Mozilla and Netscape 7. Those browsers are cross-platform, so it may work on other operating systems, as long as you use Mozilla and Netscape 7.

Satterfield

Mar 12, 2003, 6:48:49 PM3/12/03
The plug-in doesn't work with Netscape anymore.

Jim Coe

Mar 12, 2003, 7:29:29 PM3/12/03
Actually, I don't thing Atmo ever 'officially' supported Netscape.

I believe it was just an accident that it 'happened' to work for a while, during a certain build - as a tester discovered.

Satterfield

Mar 12, 2003, 9:32:39 PM3/12/03
I was the tester that discovered it.

You're right... Netscape wasn't ever "officially" supported.

Minh Nguyen (

Mar 13, 2003, 4:54:54 PM3/13/03
Hmmm, I guess PluginDoc <http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows1.html> needs to be updated, then. I'm currently using Phoenix .5, which is based on Mozilla, and Atmo works here. It also works on my installation of Mozilla 1.2. So I'm not exactly sure what happened.

erik champion

Mar 13, 2003, 6:02:17 PM3/13/03
I have heard the new aple internet browser is super fast, if so, please keep us updated!