printing an excel file

azo_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2004, 6:23:45 AM1/15/04
I cannot print an excel file witch has severals pages in the same PDF file
W98 SE
ACROBAT 6.0

Gene_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 15, 2004, 2:52:53 PM1/15/04
Azo,

When you process the Excel doc do you get multiple PDFs? If you do then you can work around this by choosing Create PDF from Multiple Files and then combining the individual pdfs into a single pdf.

Melanie...@adobeforums.com

Jan 16, 2004, 12:46:45 AM1/16/04
Hi Gene,

I have this problem too (multiple PDFs from one Excel document)!! Is it not possible to set the distiller so that only one PDF will be created??
Thanks, Mel

de_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 16, 2004, 5:14:06 AM1/16/04
No as it's Excel that creates the multiple print jobs and not distiller.

Tick the print to file option in Excel's print menu, then go into the distiller printer/adobe pdf printer propeties, under the pdf settings tab disable 'do not send fonts to distiller.
back in the excel printer menu make sure that ptint whoel workabook is selected as well.

Excel will ask you for a file name, make it a distinctive name ending in the *.prn extension. Once it's finished pritning you might want to do a search for this file.
once found move it to the desktop (optional), launch the distiller application and drag and drop the prn file on top of the distiller window to create the pdf file.