Re: "Click to call" serious problems

LiquidIce

Mar 25, 2010, 11:45:38 PM3/25/10
to AdMob Advertiser Discuss
i've experienced the same thing as well. it seems like admob has a
serious clickfraud problem. My $50 deposit got: 62,580 impressions and
418 'clicks'. It was a 'click to call' ad and the phone number only
got 11 calls. Seriously admob? I don't think I will ever buy ads here
again, and i'm telling everyone I know about this horrible experience.

The ad text even said 'call now' and had a phone icon. so it's not
like 407 people pressed it not knowing it was going to dial and then
hung up really quick. I did basic things like selecting to only
deliver the ad to people in the US on a mobile carrier network to try
and get only phones capable of dialing.

Your publishers are cheating the system and faking clicks. you ought
to refund everyone who has deposited money into this broken system.

---

AlphaDog wrote...
I direct people to an 800 number and it seems like Admob is charging
for more clicks than recorded. I'm using a service called
freedomvoice.com and it recorded only 24 calls when my Admob campaign
shows 172 clicks.

Also, when people "click to call" they are saying that they got a
missed called from the number listed in my control panel... what is
going on here?

Are most of these clicks from real people? Is admob charging me for
more clicks than is actually delivered? It sure seems like it to me.