Regarding structure ploting

Raju Lampande(2004-2006)

Mar 19, 2010, 8:09:23 AM3/19/10
to ADDA questions and answers
Hello,
Please tell some one that which ploter is useful for ploting the
structure created by DDSCAT.

Maxim Yurkin

Mar 20, 2010, 7:06:23 AM3/20/10
to adda-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raju,

I am not sure what you exactly mean, but I guess you ask about the visualization of files, describing scatterer shapes,
that are used in DDSCAT (or ADDA).

The answer is that I do not know any publicly available programs to do it. However, I know two groups, who have
developed some software for their own use. But I do not know whether they are willing to release or share it. I will
contact them and ask them to comment on this thread, if they have anything to say on this topic.

Also, I have created a program in LabVIEW suitable for visualizing ADDA shape file (you can use ADDA to convert any
shape file from DDSCAT to ADDA format). It may become extremely slow for very large shapes and the picture is not very
beautiful, but it should be OK for some applications. Probably I will release it (together it with some basic
description) with the next release of ADDA, but I can share the current version "as is" right now.

Best regards,
Maxim Yurkin.

Roman Schuh

Mar 23, 2010, 5:22:12 AM3/23/10
to ADDA questions and answers
Dear Raju,

if by structure you mean the shape, we have a OpenGL-tool for the
visualization of the dipoles. This program (ddagen for Windows) reads
the content of the file shape.dat and displays the the dipoles on the
screen. You have to generate a shape-file with the program calltarget
or your own shape-file. It is compatible with DDSCAT 6.1. For DDSCAT 7
you will have to delete one line in the file shape.dat.
The development of the program ddagen stopped in an early stage, but
at least it is possible to visualize DDSCAT shape files.
If you would like to generate figures for publications, I have also
Matlab/POVRay scripts available.

If you or someone else here in this group is interested, I can provide
you with the tools.

Best regards,
Roman Schuh

On Mar 19, 1:09 pm, "Raju Lampande(2004-2006)" <rajlampa...@gmail.com>

Jani Kniivilä

Mar 23, 2010, 11:54:46 AM3/23/10
to ADDA questions and answers
Dead Raju,

We here at the Laboratory of Paper Coating and Converting at Åbo
Akademi University are developing
a tool for visualisation of the ADDA and DDSCAT shape files. It is
freely available as acknowledgement-ware
on http://albin.abo.fi/~jkniivil/litebil and currently runs on Windows
XP.

Best regards,
Jani Kniivilä

On Mar 19, 2:09 pm, "Raju Lampande(2004-2006)" <rajlampa...@gmail.com>

Raju Lampande(2004-2006)

Apr 13, 2010, 5:28:27 AM4/13/10
to ADDA questions and answers
Dear Maxim Yurkin,
Please tell me the tool which is useful for ploting the electric field
produced by ddscat..

Raju Lampande(2004-2006)

Apr 13, 2010, 5:30:26 AM4/13/10
to ADDA questions and answers
Dear Roman Schuh,
Yes please provide me that script. I will try to use that ...

Maxim Yurkin

Apr 13, 2010, 11:10:47 AM4/13/10
to adda-d...@googlegroups.com
I am not using DDSCAT myself, so I do not know what is exactly the output format for electric field in DDSCAT. In ADDA
it is a simple text format, which can be plotted by any program capable of producing 3D graphs (personally use Origin,
Mathematica and LabVIEW). Probably the same applies to DDSCAT.

Maxim.

Hamzah Khan

Mar 17, 2022, 11:40:31 AM3/17/22
to ADDA questions and answers
Dear Roman Schuh,

I read your messages on how to visualize the adda shape files. I currently use Litebil on windows to visualize adda shape files but  I would like to use matlab scripts because I use linux at work.
Would it be possible for you to provide me with the matlab scripts?

best regards
Hamzah

Alexander Kichigin

Mar 18, 2022, 3:16:26 AM3/18/22
to adda-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hamzah,
you can try using my python script for visualization. I'm providing an example in the attachment.
To visualize a file with dipoles you just have to import ADDAwrapper library (which will be officially distributed with ADDA later) and call the function "geometry" providing the path to the file with the dipoles you want to visualize, and the list of colors (one or more if you have different materials in the file). The list of colors is optional, use it if you want more customizability, since in ADDAwrapper I have already made a default list of nice colors.

ADDAwrapper-vis-example.zip