How to have search form opened by default?

3 views
Skip to first unread message

Todd Blanchard

unread,
Mar 23, 2009, 7:10:40 PM3/23/09
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
My users want the default view for one class to open with the search
form visible and records. I've got no records figured out - but how
do I specify it should open with the search form open?

I've seen this asked in the archives - there was no answer posted
though.

Gilbo

unread,
Mar 24, 2009, 8:41:36 AM3/24/09
to ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin
Todd,

based on some post I read in the archives I copied _list_header.rhtml
to my views folder and added the following at the end:

<table>
<tr>
<td class="inline-adapter-cell">
<div class="view"><%= render :partial => 'search' %></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

HTH

Mike

Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.

unread,
Mar 25, 2009, 6:06:47 AM3/25/09
to actives...@googlegroups.com

http://wiki.github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold/api-list
config.list.always_show_search = true

Maybe you need rails >= 2.2, I'm not sure.
--
Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::.
Nicolás Guillén 6, locales 2 y 3. 50.018 Zaragoza
T) 902 021 404 F) 976 52 98 07 E) ser...@entrecables.com

Kenny Ortmann

unread,
Mar 25, 2009, 4:41:07 PM3/25/09
to actives...@googlegroups.com
That config option works with rails >= 2.1

2009/3/25 Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::. <ser...@entrecables.com>
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages