databasedotcom gem version 1.2.2

Danny Burkes

Oct 24, 2011, 1:39:35 AM10/24/11
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
I have released version 1.2.2 of the databasedotcom gem.  This version adds the ability to configure both the CA certificate location and/or the SSL verification mode used by the client. For example, if you want to turn off SSL verification for the client, you could configure it like so:

    client = Databasedotcom::Client.new(my_options)
    client.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE

Likewise, if you want to verify the peer, but use a custom CA certificates file, you can configure the client like so:

    client = Databasedotcom::Client.new(my_options)
    client.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
    client.ca_file = "my/ca/file.crt"

If verify_mode is not set in the client, the default for the internal Net::HTTP instance is used, which differs by ruby version.  For 1.9.2, the Net::HTTP default verify mode is OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER, but for 1.8.7, the Net:HTTP default verify mode is OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE.

The new version is available immediately from rubygems.org

- D