Defining a "Tragedy"

Mr.Smartypants

Apr 19, 2008, 5:39:10 PM4/19/08
Prime Minister Stephen Harper was visiting a primary school and he
visited one of the classes.

They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their
meanings. The teacher asked the PM if he would like to lead the
discussion on the word "tragedy'. So the illustrious leader asked the
class for an example of a 'tragedy'

One little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best friend, who lives on
farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills
him, that would be a tragedy.

'No,' said Harper, 'that would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying 50 children
drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy.'

'I'm afraid not,' explained Harper. 'That's what we would call great
loss.'

The room went silent. No other children volunteered.

Harper searched the room.

'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand...

In a quiet voice he said: 'If the plane carrying you and Mrs. Harper
was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens, that
would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic!' exclaimed Harper. 'That's right. And can you tell me why
that would be tragedy?'

'Well,' says the boy, 'It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly
wouldn't be a great loss . . . and it probably wouldn't be a fucking
accident either'.

Chom Noamsky

Apr 19, 2008, 6:16:29 PM4/19/08

"Mr.Smartypants" <anyb...@canada.com> wrote in message

yuk yuk...

General Public:.. Lobotomized Sheep....@..999.2012..WBCHNC.News.ukuscan.ca The General Public:... Lobotomized Sheep

Apr 19, 2008, 6:42:12 PM4/19/08

"Chom Noamsky" <e...@t.beef> wrote in message

Oh come on Chimpy, that was very funny!

Message has been deleted

catchme

Apr 20, 2008, 8:55:26 AM4/20/08
a little old, but when put Harper in the joke, its funny...

--
To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
Resist much, obey little,

-Walt Whitman, 1860

Chom Noamsky

Apr 22, 2008, 6:39:58 PM4/22/08
"The General Public:... Lobotomized Sheep" <The General Public:..
Lobotomized Sheep....@..999.2012..WBCHNC.News.ukuscan.ca> wrote in message

>> yuk yuk...
>>

> Oh come on Chimpy, that was very funny!

What does "yuk yuk" mean in tinfoil beanie crowd?