Paris Tiddly Meeting

Saq Imtiaz

Jul 17, 2008, 5:43:19 AM7/17/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Hey guys,

Some of you might know me from the english TiddlyWiki groups. I run
tw.lewcid.org, tiddlythemes.com, TiddlySnip and various other
TiddlyWiki related projects.

I am going to be in Paris from August 23rd to 29th and was wondering
if any TiddlyWiki locals there might like to meet up? We could arrange
a date and all get together, alternatively I would be happy to meet
any of you for a drink or a croissant! :)

One caveat, I don't speak French! Would love to meet some local
TiddlyWiki community members while I am there. Hope to hear from you
guys. I will be away this Fri-Wednesday in Amsterdam so might be slow
to reply during that time.

Cheers,

Saq Imtiaz aka Lewcid.

pariswiki

Jul 17, 2008, 2:03:09 PM7/17/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
That's really a pity!
I would have met you with great pleasure since I love many of your
projects, but I will be far from Paris, on vacation at these dates.

Maybe another time,
Cheers,
Jean-Claude

pier9

Jul 18, 2008, 5:26:47 AM7/18/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
I will be around from the 25, and I would be glad to meet you and
others from here.
I'm pretty flexible but I suggest an after work (6pm-ish) at the
Champs Elysées (there is Pub Reanult or Culture Biere)... What do you
guys think?
Pier

Nicolas Syssoieff

Jul 18, 2008, 5:38:00 AM7/18/08
to Tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could be there too, but unfornately I don't live in Paris and I won't be available on these days.
Enjoy, guys !
Nicolas.

Jacques Turbé

Jul 22, 2008, 3:16:10 AM7/22/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Hi Saq !

> Some of you might know me from the english TiddlyWiki groups. I run
> tw.lewcid.org, tiddlythemes.com, TiddlySnip and various other
> TiddlyWiki related projects.

I only use in my tw Pim those 10 which you wrote or contributed for :

1) AccordionMenuPlugin - systemConfig lewcidExtension
2) HoverMenuPlugin - lewcidExtension systemConfig
3) MonkeyTaggerMacro - lewcidExtension systemConfig
4) PopupMacro - lewcidExtension systemConfig
5) TiddlyLightBoxPlugin - TiddlyLightBox lewcidExtension systemConfig
6) DcTableOfContentsPlugin - plugins macros systemConfig
7) LessBackupsPlugin - TiddlySpot systemConfig
9) SuppressEmptyTagsPlugin - Devpad systemConfig
10) ToolbarIconsPlugin - systemConfig

As I do not lurk on lists as often as before, tell me if I miss some
brilliant new plugin from you :)

> I am going to be in Paris from August 23rd to 29th and was wondering
> if any TiddlyWiki locals there might like to meet up? We could arrange
> a date and all get together, alternatively I would be happy to meet
> any of you for a drink or a croissant! :)

For the croissant it depends of the hour in the day (they are best
enjoyed just out of the oven in morning hours) !
As pier9, I should have free time around aug 25 and later, and would
be happy to meet you.

> One caveat, I don't speak French!

Pity : my spoken english is far worst than my written :(

> Would love to meet some local
> TiddlyWiki community members while I am there.

Hope an autograph :))

Jacques

yggr...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2008, 3:49:59 PM7/22/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
I won't be there, but look forward to next time :-))
YGG

Zap

Jul 24, 2008, 7:20:53 PM7/24/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
I'm game! Unlike most other Parisians I've just returned from
vacation so August is good for me. And my French is terrible too, so
you'll feel right at home. ;)

I'm up for pretty much anything but I'd suggest we do it somewhere
that's good for you. Do you know which arrondissement you'll be
staying in? As you probably already know there are more good cafés in
Paris than you can shake a stick at so it shouldn't be difficult to
find one convenient to you.

Or, FWIW, I'm in the 19th near Metro Crimée (line 7) and Metro Lumiere
(line 5), a wee hike from Metro Stalingrad (lines 2, 5, and 7). If
the weather is nice there's a beauty of a park in my 'hood, Butte
Chaumont, if you're into the fresh air experience and La Villette (an
industrial area now converted over to a park, science museum, etc)
just down the canal if you're into seeing a few sights. There also an
excellent café, Le Bastringue, nearby and a good pub-type place
straight across the canal from that. I'm not trying to hype this
location, just letting you know what's on offer up in this part of
town.

PS. I admire your TW work and would love to spin a few questions by
you, if that's not too gauche for a guy in Paris on vacation who may
or may not want to talk shop.

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 14, 2008, 8:20:52 AM8/14/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Hey everyone,

My apologies for the delayed reply but I've been away in London and
Dublin. It seems like on or after August 25th works well for most
people, in the evening hours. Would someone be willing to take the
lead and suggest a venue for us to get together? I am not familiar
with Paris at all so that would be very helpful!

Hopefully we can make it a mixed evening of socializing and some shop
talk about TiddlyWiki! TiddlyParis!
With any luck Loic Dachary and Proppy will be joining us as well!

If anyone is not able to make it on that day we can definitely meet up
for a quick drink on a different day.

Cheers,
Saq

Johan Euphrosine

Aug 15, 2008, 7:15:57 AM8/15/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Hi,

I would like to attend too,

August 25th at 8 p.m sounds fine.

There is a few nice eating&drinking place near where I live too,
(Montmartre).
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Deux_Moulins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_Windmills

I don't know (yet) if they are taking reservation, let me know if
you're interested.

'Culture Biere' and 'Le Bastringue' looks nice too.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=culture+biere
http://www.aperodujeudisoir.com/bars/2476

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 15, 2008, 7:46:04 AM8/15/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Johan (proppy) has been kind enough to put together a TiddlyParis
planning TiddlyWiki!
http://tiddlyparis.tiddlyspot.com/

How about we tentatively say Aug. 25th at 8pm. As for the location,
please have a look at the above link and share your preference from
the listed options. Feel free to suggest alternatives as well. I am
really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Saq

PS: If we want to do some Tiddly talk it might be a good idea to pick
a place with WiFi.

On Aug 15, 1:15 pm, Johan Euphrosine <pro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to attend too,
>
> August 25th at 8 p.m sounds fine.
>
> There is a few nice eating&drinking place near where I live too,
> (Montmartre).http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Deux_Moulinshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_Windmills
>
> I don't know (yet) if they are taking reservation, let me know if
> you're interested.
>
> 'Culture Biere' and 'Le Bastringue' looks nice too.http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=culture+bierehttp://www.aperodujeudisoir.com/bars/2476

Zap

Aug 15, 2008, 1:32:42 PM8/15/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Turns out La Bastringue isn't a good choice for us: as of yesterday
afternoon they're en vacance for the next few weeks ... and I'm pretty
sure they're not WiFi wired so that would've put a damper on the
TiddlyTalk. Bummer, it's a great place.

-- Zap.

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 15, 2008, 1:50:21 PM8/15/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
That is a shame Zap. Do you like any of the other locations or do you
perhaps have something else in mind?
I'm relying on you Parisians to take the lead in nailing down the
location!

Saq

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 15, 2008, 2:47:19 PM8/15/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
How does everyone feel about the 8pm on Aug 26th (Tuesday) instead of
Aug 25th (Monday)
BidiX is not available on the 25th and I would love for him to join
us.

BidiX

Aug 15, 2008, 4:06:20 PM8/15/08
to Tiddly...@googlegroups.com

Bonjour à tous, Hi All,

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Saq Imtiaz <lew...@gmail.com> wrote:

How does everyone feel about the 8pm on Aug 26th (Tuesday) instead of
Aug 25th (Monday)
BidiX is not available on the 25th and I would love for him to join
us.

As said Saq, unfortunately, I'm not available on monday the 25th. But on an other evening, in the week, I'll be happy to join the TiddlyMeeting somewhere in Paris.

Cheers,

-- BidiX
http://bidix.info

Zap

Aug 16, 2008, 1:34:07 AM8/16/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
On Aug 15, 7:50 pm, Saq Imtiaz <lew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is a shame Zap. Do you like any of the other locations or do you
> perhaps have something else in mind?

Unfortunately any suggestions I might make are going to be prefixed
with "I don't know about their WiFi status but ..." I'm not a very
modern guy you see and have yet to become WiFi-wise.

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 16, 2008, 2:42:55 AM8/16/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
That's ok Zap. If you make suggestions I can do the wi-fi research
online. Also... WiFi would be nice but isn't necessarily a must!

Zap

Aug 19, 2008, 3:52:39 PM8/19/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Ok, I've added another possible place to the list over at
http://tiddlyparis.tiddlyspot.com/: Le Bar du Marché

It's easy to get to, comfy (but busy), in a good location for before
and after things to do, said to be WiFi wired, yadda yadda.
(sorry guys but I'm not a big fan of the "factory" cafés)

There's another place or two I want to suggest but I have to dig up
the coordinates.

Zap

Aug 19, 2008, 3:56:39 PM8/19/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Ugh! Spoke too soon, can't save my addition at tiddlyparis. Well,
this is what it would have said:

Le Bar du Marché
Adresse : 75 Rue de Seine Paris 6e (75006)

- at the intersection of Rue de Seine, Rue Buci, and Rue Saint-André
des Arts.
- 2 minute walk off of Blvd Saint Germain, less than 5 mins from Blvd
St Michel.
- very close to Metros Odéon (4,10) and Mabillon (10).
- lots of cool shops in the hood: Taschen books, gelato, etc
- rumoured to be WiFi wired.

(see http://saint-germain.evous.fr/Le-Bar-du-Marche.html)

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 20, 2008, 4:03:10 PM8/20/08
to TiddlyWikiFR, z...@uk2.net, pierre....@gmail.com, bid...@gmail.com
OK guys I think we really need to finalize the venue now. I'm looking
for a volunteer to call and make a reservation.

Zap? Pier9? BidiX? Come on guys help me out! :) I need your local
expertise not to mention your French!

We need a reservation for August 26th at 18:30 for 10 people. Dinner
at 20:00. That way the people that can come earlier will be able to
talk before dinner. Others can join at 20:00

I've been thinking about the criteria and I think we shouldn't worry
about WiFi. We can manage without that. What we need is a place that
is not too loud so we can talk, and that can arrange for a reservation
for about 10 people that can sit together at a big table. Also, to be
respectful of the fact that people may have different budgets, we
should pick something that isnt too expensive.

I looked at the places that were recommended and like the Champs
Elysées area and also Le Bar du Marche. However I am not sure if they
meet the above criteria.

So would one of you guys please hop in and just pick something from
these choices. Honestly, we don't need to be too picky. If it's
central and meets the criteria its fine. If you have something else in
mind that might work better thats fine too.

Cheers and thanks again. I can't wait to meet everyone!
Saq

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 20, 2008, 4:04:59 PM8/20/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Also, everyone that will be joining us on August 26th at 18:30 (or
20:00) in Paris for dinner and drinks please reply and let us know so
we can get a more accurate count of the number of people to expect!
Thank you.

Saq

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 20, 2008, 4:29:15 PM8/20/08
to TiddlyWikiFR

Zap

Aug 21, 2008, 2:15:35 AM8/21/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
I'm not the one to be making the reservations but I'm thinking maybe
we should go for the CultureBiere place after all. Bar du Marché is a
good place, but it's not a reservations and dinner spot at all, just a
big café really ... and it can get pretty noisy!

Count me in as +1 for drinks, +0 for dinner.

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 21, 2008, 3:58:50 AM8/21/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Just wanted to say that it doesn't have to be formal... meaning if
anyone wants to just have drinks and not have dinner, thats fine. The
people that are hungry can order some food.

Saq

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 21, 2008, 4:43:18 AM8/21/08
to TiddlyWikiFR

pier9

Aug 21, 2008, 12:22:37 PM8/21/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Hello All,

I made a reservation for 10 people under my name (Edelman) at Culture
Biere : 65 av Champs Elysées 75008 PARIS 01 42 56 88 88
The idea is to have a beer on the terrasse on the Champs Elysée large
walkway at 18:30, then to get to the restaurant at 20:00 (2nd floor,
overlooking the Champs, Air Conditioned).
They said that they would make room for us at the terrasse and for
sure at the restaurant.
Prices are practically the same there as where the bar du Marche is
located, but one can have tapas and it's less expensive than a regular
course. Here is the menu : http://www.culturebiere.com/pdf/cartes-restaurant.pdf

Also, there seems to have Wifi : better connection by the bar, then
the restaurant upstairs and less than acceptable at the terrasse,
according to the person over the phone.

The weather should be nice next week...

Finally, it would be nice if all who'd like to attend let us know here
so that I could adjust the reservation.

Can't wait to see you all
Pier

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 21, 2008, 3:38:17 PM8/21/08
to TiddlyWikiFR, bid...@gmail.com, Johan Euphrosine, jacque...@gmail.com, Loic Dachary, Yann Perrin, COLLIN Pascal, pierre....@gmail.com, z...@uk2.net
Pier thank you so much for arranging this. That sounds perfect! Drinks
at the bar, dinner, WiFi - everything we need!

I'll be there at 18:30 sharp and look forward to seeing all of you
there. Even if you can't stay the entire time please do drop by!

Here's a list of the people that I know will be there for sure:
Myself (Saq)
Johan (proppy)
Loic
BidiX
Pier
Zap (drinks only?)

There are two people that might join us from London, that will be
confirmed tomorrow.

Jacques Turbe : can we expect to see you there?

Also, anyone else that hasn't spoken up on this thread, you are very
welcome to join us. Even if you don't speak English! After all, there
will be so many Frenchman there!
It might be very helpful if somebody posted a new topic to
TiddlyWikiFR announcing this meeting (TiddlyParis) in French.

Hopefully we can finalize the guest list over the weekend and call
them to make changes if necessary.
Thanks again everyone!

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 22, 2008, 12:54:11 AM8/22/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Adding one more person to the 'guest list' :
Jason Cunliffe

> Myself (Saq)
> Johan (proppy)
> Loic
> BidiX
> Pier
> Zap (drinks only?)

> Jacques Turbe : can we expect to see you there?

Also... still waiting for confirmation from Jacques.

Saq Imtiaz

Aug 23, 2008, 5:32:43 PM8/23/08
to TiddlyWikiFR, Phil H
I am delighted to announce that Phil Hawksworth from Osmosoft will be
traveling down from London to join us on Tuesday!! For those of you
that don't know Phil, he is responsible for TeamTasks
( www.getteamtasks.com)and some other exciting TiddlyWiki projects...
he's also a great guy and likes to wear blue!

This brings the guest list to 9 people... probably the largest Tiddly
gathering yet!

Saq

Jacques

Aug 24, 2008, 6:37:59 PM8/24/08
to Saq Imtiaz, TiddlyWikiFR, bid...@gmail.com, Johan Euphrosine, Loic Dachary, Yann Perrin, COLLIN Pascal, pierre....@gmail.com, z...@uk2.net
Hi,
(sorry, I've been far from the net these last days !):

2008/8/21 Saq Imtiaz
Jacques Turbe : can we expect to see you there?

Yes I'll be with you at Culture Bière
(hope I'll be allowed to drink wine, as I can't swallow the lightest sip of even the most appealing beer !)

join us. Even if you don't speak English! After all, there
will be so many Frenchman there!

 Thanks : I'm fluent enough in french, I can blurb some english, ... but I can't talk javascript, I tell you !

Glad to meet all of us tuesday :)

Jacques

jasonic

Aug 26, 2008, 8:57:32 AM8/26/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Desole - mon visite a Paris est annule. Donc pas de rendez-vous avec
les Tiddlyeriens [?]
J'espere qu'il y aura un autre opportunite bientot. Merci et bonne
soiree.

I'm sorry - my Paris trip had to be cancelled. So no meeting with you
TW people.
I do hope there will be another opprtunity before long. Thanks and
have a good evening.

Jason Cunliffe

Zap

Aug 27, 2008, 2:36:56 AM8/27/08
to TiddlyWikiFR
Great get-together guys! Good turn-out and lots of interesting
projects that people are working on. Definitely given me some ideas
to chew on for a while.

Thanks to you all for coming out.

Julia

Sep 5, 2008, 8:18:48 PM9/5/08