TiddlyWest

Phil Whitehouse

May 6, 2008, 12:58:48 PM5/6/08
to TiddlyWiki
This is an open invitation to anyone who'd like to meet up for a
TiddlyWiki meeting in San Francisco! We're planning an event called
TiddlyWest, which will be co-hosted by Eric Shulman (TiddlyTools / ELS
Design Studios) and Osmosoft.

The event will take place at the Wharton West in San Francisco from
5-9pm on 18 June. Here's the address:

WHARTON WEST
101 Howard Street,
San Francisco, CA

We'll start the event with an introduction to TiddlyWiki (tailored for
people who are in the room), then assign 60-90 minutes to show and
tell for all community members who want to partake. Please let us know
in advance if you have something TiddlyWiki-related that you'd like to
show, and we'll add you to the list - once we have a complete list,
we'll let you know how long you'll have. Probably 10-15 minutes,
including time for questions.

After the show and tell, Jeremy will explain to everyone there how the
community, project and product development works. Note that we're
expecting a few "hangers-on" from the Supernova conference, as well as
some people who are new to TiddlyWiki, so this will be a fresh
introduction for them.

Then we'll have a Q&A session with Jeremy, Eric, and potentially a few
other TiddlyWikians. Do let us know if there is anything in particular
that you're interested in hearing about!

Afterwards we're planning to head over to the Thirsty Bear, it's on
the same street as the venue: http://www.thirstybear.com/

If you'd like to attend, we need to know you're coming so your name is
on the door. Please let Phil Whitehouse of Osmosoft know by emailing
hello AT osmosoft DOT com, and we'll make sure you're kept informed of
any changes planned. And feel free to add enthusiastic messages here
too.

Cheers
Phil

Dave Gifford - http://www.giffmex.org/

May 6, 2008, 4:50:13 PM5/6/08
to TiddlyWiki
Sounds like a heap of good fun and I would love to go, but we will be
on our long road trip back to Mexico at that point. Oh, and I don't
have enough cash to swing a trip to California. But I wish you guys
all the best.

Maybe 2009 you can have a TiddlyMex in Mexico City. We could help you
with the arrangements!

Dave Gifford

Dave Parker

May 6, 2008, 8:32:40 PM5/6/08
to TiddlyWiki
any chance this will be recorded and posted somewhere? (not the
thirsty bear part, the other thing ;-)

Lyall

May 7, 2008, 3:05:39 AM5/7/08
to TiddlyWiki
Long way from Australia :-)

...Lyall

Phil Whitehouse

May 7, 2008, 4:32:07 AM5/7/08
to TiddlyWiki
TiddlyMex > Dave, Sounds good! I imagine there are plenty of
TiddlyWiki fans down there, especially as you've been 'spreading the
word'!

Recording > Excellent idea. We will record the event and post it
online afterwards.

Phil

PhilHawksworth

May 7, 2008, 5:48:54 AM5/7/08
to TiddlyWiki
I'm looking forward to this. It will be great to meet more TiddlyWiki
enthusiasts.
I'd also like to add my support to Dave's idea of TiddlyMex. I know
that there is a growing number of TW users in that part of the world
and it would be great to be able to make contact.

Perhaps we need an Osmosoft tour bus and we can set off on our world
tour!

Phil

Chris Bryant

May 7, 2008, 12:39:48 PM5/7/08
to TiddlyWiki
Thanks for the info and invitiation. I'm looking forward to meeting
more TiddlyWikiers here in the Bay Area! Let me know if you need any
help with the event.
Chris