Viviparous lily baby with flowers

Jim Hurley

May 19, 2007, 7:14:18 PM5/19/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
Our lilies have created another viviparous baby. Here is the new lily
with the old flowers still attached. When the flowers left the last
one, it quietly sank to the bottom...which is where it wants to be to
grow. Sort of cool!

I guess that is what flowere are for anyway.

Jim

20070519 Clinton MS new lily from flowers.JPG

Altum

May 19, 2007, 8:00:50 PM5/19/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
I can't see it. Bummer.

--Altum

Mellie

May 19, 2007, 9:11:10 PM5/19/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Jim, I'm not able to view it either.
Would you please try and resend as I'd love to see it
Thanks
Mellie

> > Jim- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jim Hurley

May 20, 2007, 7:44:16 AM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
Another look at the lily baby.

Jim

DCP_2954.JPG

Altum

May 20, 2007, 3:22:28 PM5/20/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Still not working. :-( You'd think gmail would send an attachment to
Google groups correctly.

--Altum

Message has been deleted

Mister Gardener

May 20, 2007, 4:14:05 PM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
> Another effort to post the lily.
>
> Jim

I've had no difficulty viewing every pic you've posted today. Am I the only
one?

MG

Message has been deleted

Jim and Phyllis

May 20, 2007, 4:20:23 PM5/20/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Wow! I have been unable to see them. I even rebooted. Maybe Google,
that I have been using to view them, is having a problem. It never
did before. I have posted everything from the same picassa interface.

I will wait a bit and try again.

Jim

On May 20, 3:14 pm, "Mister Gardener" <mrgarde...@email.toast.net>
wrote:

Message has been deleted

Melissa Phillips

May 20, 2007, 5:22:44 PM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
that is very cool:)

On May 20, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> Another look at the lily baby.
>
> Jim

> <DCP_2954.JPG>

Jim and Phyllis

May 20, 2007, 5:31:56 PM5/20/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium

Hi Melissa,

What viewer did you use to look? Google still does not show the pics.

Jim

Melissa Phillips

May 20, 2007, 5:59:54 PM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
I've been able to see them, all but the very first one.

Melissa Phillips

May 20, 2007, 6:02:08 PM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
I've been seeing them in my e-mail. Its um, Mail 1.3.11 (on macs).

Melissa Phillips

May 20, 2007, 6:04:11 PM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I can't see them when I go to the website, but I can see them in
the e-mails.

On May 20, 2007, at 4:52 PM, Phyllis and Jim wrote:

> Here is an effort entirely in Thunderbird. Let's see if it can be
> posted. Gmail has sent me copies of each of the earlier efforts, I was
> bale to view them. I suspect the problem is with Google.
>
> Jim
> <20070519 Clinton MS viviparous lily from flowers.JPG><jameshurley.vcf>

Troy Truchon

May 20, 2007, 6:19:57 PM5/20/07
to The-Freshwa...@googlegroups.com
I've been able to see them just fine but I'm using Thunderbird to view
it as email so maybe its just the google groups webapp thats misbehaving.

--
After a successful DSL installation I always feel a bit dirty. I'm never sure wheather I've given them the worlds library or its needle. All I know is that people don't react like that when you give them a library card. * Troy Truchon * caph...@gmail.com * IcedTea.wordpress.com

Capheind

May 20, 2007, 6:23:41 PM5/20/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Same here, all I get is a little icon on the email and when I click to
view it I just get a broken image icon. I think its something with
googles google groups app. I can see them fine in my email app.

Jim and Phyllis

May 20, 2007, 7:44:28 PM5/20/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Thanks all...I will wait on Google to fix itself.

Jim

Jim and Phyllis

May 21, 2007, 6:58:32 AM5/21/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium

My Google interface now shows the lily. You can see the roots at the
top left, the flower split to either side of the new lily and the
leaves of the new plant sticking out of the center. It does seem to
have come from fertilizing to the flower itself. That makes such good
sense. Flowers are for fertilizing! I wonder which of my lilies is
the other parent.

Jim

~ jan

May 21, 2007, 10:20:51 AM5/21/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
I could view both. Perhaps the google problem is fixed now? ~ jan

> After a successful DSL installation I always feel a bit dirty. I'm never sure wheather I've given them the worlds library or its needle. All I know is that people don't react like that when you give them a library card. * Troy Truchon * caphe...@gmail.com * IcedTea.wordpress.com- Hide quoted text -

Altum

May 21, 2007, 11:13:55 PM5/21/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
I can see it now. That's really interesting. It sure beats splitting
normal lilies.

--Altum

Jim and Phyllis

May 22, 2007, 7:37:42 AM5/22/07
to The Freshwater Aquarium
I put them in my berm ponds to see what they do when they get to do
whatever they want. I have to keep the multiplying hyacinth off of
them.

Jim