TMNP - Refusal to inform people

Andre van Schalkwyk

Jan 29, 2012, 1:42:53 PM1/29/12
to Marc Truss (CID's), Gregory...@pgwc.gov.za, Table Mountain Watch

Good Day Marc

As Chairperson of the TM Safety Forum – if indeed the forum still exists -  we are impressing on you for a meeting with the MEC Safety as soon as possible.

We are asserting that it is irresponsible and dangerous for TMNP not be informing us (mountain users) of incidents occurring in the National Park.   We (TMSAG) may have chosen not to attend forum meeting or to partake in forum activities but this does not preclude TMNP from exercising their duties and responsibilities to the mountain and tourist community.

The message below was posted on “Climbers Forum” which goes out to hundreds of people.  In addition the incident (the second now) at Peers Cave was tweeted to 915 followers – and retweeted by them to many, many more.

People are unhappy and this cannot be an acceptable situation for TMNP or  The City.

Please be so kind as to forward this message to the MEC himself and respond to our letter of request.

Best Regard

Andre van Schalkwyk

TMSAG

image001.png