Rhino Mocks 3.3 crashes VB Compiler :-(

David Gardiner

Nov 4, 2007, 10:48:46 PM11/4/07
to Rhino.Mocks
Not sure if congratulations or commiserations are in order, but the
new "void method" feature in 3.3 manages to crash the VB compiler.

As well as some memory dumps that have gone off to MS, I've also
reduced the problem down so hopefully it will get fixed sometime
(though I'm guessing with the iminent release of VS 2008, it isn't the
best time to get 2005 bugs fixed).

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=308353

The problem seems to be a combination of mocking an interface that
inherits from a generic interface, and then trying to do an
Expect.Call on a void method of the generic interface.

I guess the workaround is to go back to the old way of void methods
for now.

-dave

Ayende Rahien

Nov 4, 2007, 11:56:58 PM11/4/07
to Rhino...@googlegroups.com

David Gardiner

Nov 5, 2007, 1:40:51 AM11/5/07
to Rhino.Mocks
ah, that will teach me not to skip over your blog posts so quickly.