Re: 06082012 sharing with White Buffalo Calf Woman

1 view

White Buffalo Calf Woman, your Twin Deer Mother

Jun 8, 2012, 9:09:09 PM6/8/12
to Rainb...@googlegroups.com
Relatives of the Rainbow Clan, Golden Kobe, Rainbow Eddy, Grandmother Comfort in the Wind and Holiness David Running Eagle, This is our today's sharing notes. Sending love and blessings to the sacred nine directions. White Buffalo Calf Woman, elder crystal child, alightfromwithin.org, Rainbow Warriors of Prophecy

Inline image 1Name Meanings and the Sacred Circle of Wise Counsel

13 months old Marcus Micheal birthed, Changed to Coby Marcus Frederick. Sacred Horn our Sacred Heart of Shining, Super Man, no yellow road third name,

Coby:
Coburn \c(o)-bu-rn\ as a boy's name is pronounced KOH-bern. It is of Scottish and English origin. Surname and place name: "burn" likely refers to a small stream. Could be a variant of Cockburn, meaning "stream of the rooster". Actor James Coburn.

Coburn has 4 variant forms: Coburne, Coby, Cockburn and Cockburne.

Jacob is derived from Late Latin Iacobus, from Greek Ἰάκωβος Iakobos, from Hebrew יַעֲקֹב (Yaʿqob, Yaʿaqov, Yaʿăqōḇ), the name of the Hebrew patriarch, Jacob son of Isaac. The name comes from the Hebrew root עקב ʿqb (meaning "to follow", "to be behind"), and it refers to the circumstances of Jacob's birth when he held on to the heel (in Hebrew עֲקֵב ʿaqeb) of his older twin brother Esau (Genesis 25:26). According to Genesis 27:36, the root ʿqb can also mean "to cheat". Jacob may also mean "follower of God" in Aramaic.[1]

Marcus (abbreviated M.) is a masculine given name of Ancient Roman pre-Christian origin derived probably from Etruscan Marce of unknown meaning, or referring to the mythological figure Mars. Because Mars was identified as the Roman god of War, the name 'Marcus' can by extension be taken to refer to Ares in the Greek pantheon. A big fire, well that's a golden child.

Michael ( /ˈmaɪkəl/) is a given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (Mikha'el), derived from the question מי כמו אלוהים? (mi kəmo ʔelohim) meaning "Who is like God?"[1] In English, it is sometimes shortened to Mike, Mikey, or, especially in Ireland, Mick.

Naming Rainbow Eddy (father) Robert (grandfather) Frederick IV., Wisdom River Shines, Steamboat That Kneads, no yellow road third name, Dragon Warrior, Brandon

Brandon at birth
Brandon is a masculine given name which is considered to be mainly a North American name. It originates from the English surname Brandon. This surname can be derived from any of the numerous placenames in England so-named which are composed of two elements derived from the Old English language. The first element means "broom", "gorse"; and the second means "hill" or wave.

Edward is an English given name. It is derived from Old English words ead (meaning "happy" or 'prosperous') and weard (meaning "guard").

Robert is a Germanic given name, from hrod "fame" and beraht "bright" like a star. It is also in use as a surname.[1][2]

Frederick is a masculine given name meaning "peaceful ruler." It is the English form of the German name Friedrich. Its meaning is derived from the Germanic word elements frid, or peace, and ric, meaning "ruler" or "power."[1]

Come let us counsel together!

"Come, let us reason together said the Lord"
Isaiah 1:18: “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” (The Holy Bible, KJV)

Reason: “ Reason is often contrasted with habit or intuition. It is the means by which rational beings propose and consider explanations concerning cause and effect, true and false, and what is good or bad (Wikipedia)

Reason: to make a particular judgment after you have thought about the facts of a situation in an intelligent and sensible way (Macmillan Dictionary)

Repentance: Repentance is a change of thought to correct a wrong and gain forgiveness from a person who is wronged. In religious contexts it usually refers to confession to God, ceasing sin against God, and resolving to live according to God’s law. It typically includes an admission of guilt, a promise or resolve not to repeat the offense; A description of repentance in the New Testament can be found in the parable of the prodigal son found in the Gospel of Luke (15 beginning at verse 11).

Minutiae . precise details; small or trifling matters

Circle of Wise Counsel, learning to take counsel.

Come let us counsel together!
take counsel together

Isaiah 8:10
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Nehemiah 6:7 and have even appointed prophets to make this ...
... So now come and let us take counsel together.” ... ...
Isaiah 45:21 Declare what is to be, present it--let them take ...
... bring it forth; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath ... the word, put forward
your cause, let us have a ... Tell ye, and come, and consult together: who hath ...
Isaiah 8:10 Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted; propose ...
... Let your designs be formed, and they will come to nothing; give your orders,
and they will not be effected: for God is with us. ...

Viewing the 1769 King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Isaiah 8:10
Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

Issiah 1:18
come let us reason together with the lord, so your sins are like scarlet they shall shall be as white as snow. though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Proberbs 19:20
listen to counsel and accept discipline that you may be wise the rest of your days. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but the counsel of the lord it will stand.

1The vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem that Isaiah son of Amoz saw during the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
A Rebellious Nation

2Hear, O heavens! Listen, O earth!
For the Lord has spoken:
“I reared children and brought them up,
but they have rebelled against me.
3The ox knows his master,
the donkey his owner’s manger,
but Israel does not know,
my people do not understand.”
4Ah, sinful nation,
a people loaded with guilt,
a brood of evildoers,
children given to corruption!
They have forsaken the Lord;
they have spurned the Holy One of Israel
and turned their backs on him.
5Why should you be beaten anymore?
Why do you persist in rebellion?
Your whole head is injured,
your whole heart afflicted.
6From the sole of your foot to the top of your head
there is no soundness—
only wounds and welts
and open sores,
not cleansed or bandaged
or soothed with oil.
7Your country is desolate,
your cities burned with fire;
your fields are being stripped by foreigners
right before you,
laid waste as when overthrown by strangers.
8The Daughter of Zion is left
like a shelter in a vineyard,
like a hut in a field of melons,
like a city under siege.
9Unless the Lord Almighty
had left us some survivors,
we would have become like Sodom,
we would have been like Gomorrah.
10Hear the word of the Lord,
you rulers of Sodom;
listen to the law of our God,
you people of Gomorrah!
11“The multitude of your sacrifices—
what are they to me?” says the Lord.
“I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
I have no pleasure
in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
12When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts?
13Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your evil assemblies.
14Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts
my soul hates.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide my eyes from you;
even if you offer many prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are full of blood;
16wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds
out of my sight!
Stop doing wrong,
17learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed.a
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.
18“Come now, let us reason together,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
19If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the best from the land;
20but if you resist and rebel,
you will be devoured by the sword.”
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
21See how the faithful city
has become a harlot!
She once was full of justice;
righteousness used to dwell in her—
but now murderers!
22Your silver has become dross,
your choice wine is diluted with water.
23Your rulers are rebels,
companions of thieves;
they all love bribes
and chase after gifts.
They do not defend the cause of the fatherless;
the widow’s case does not come before them.
24Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty,
the Mighty One of Israel, declares:
“Ah, I will get relief from my foes
and avenge myself on my enemies.
25I will turn my hand against you;
I will thoroughly purge away your dross
and remove all your impurities.
26I will restore your judges as in days of old,
your counselors as at the beginning.
Afterward you will be called
the City of Righteousness,
the Faithful City.”
27Zion will be redeemed with justice,
her penitent ones with righteousness.
28But rebels and sinners will both be broken,
and those who forsake the Lord will perish.
29“You will be ashamed because of the sacred oaks
in which you have delighted;
you will be disgraced because of the gardens
that you have chosen.
30You will be like an oak with fading leaves,
like a garden without water.
31The mighty man will become tinder
and his work a spark;
both will burn together,
with no one to quench the fire.”
Footnotes:
a 17 Or / rebuke the oppressor

sorry no url.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM, White Buffalo Calf Woman, your Twin Deer Mother <whitebuffa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Behold the Sower Went Forth to Sow

By
Father Mark
  on July 27, 2007 8:38 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

CristoSembr.jpg

Friday of the Sixteenth Week of the Year I

Exodus 20:1-17
Psalm 18:8, 9, 10, 11
Matthew 13:18-23

The Law Through Moses

In today’s lesson from the Book of Exodus, God speaks to Moses, giving him The Ten Commandments. Saint John, in his Prologue, says: “The law was given through Moses; grace and truth came by Jesus Christ” (Jn 1:17). The Ten Commandments reveal the desire of God that we should be happy and holy. God forbids only the things that will make us unhappy; he commands only the things that make for our happiness and peace.

Holiness and Beatitude

Obedience to the commandments is the path of return to God. Saint Benedict says that, “through the toil of obedience, we return to Him from Whom we have separated by the sloth of disobedience” (RB Pro:1). Returning to God by obedience, we live in communion with Him — in His grace — and that is the beginning of eternal beatitude.

Benefits of the Law

The Responsorial Psalm chants the praises of the Law in a kind of litany. What does the Law do for those who obey it? It refreshes the soul. It gives wisdom to the simple. It rejoices the heart. It enlightens the eye. What does sin do for those who persist in it? It wearies the soul. It makes one foolish. It makes one’s heart heavy with sadness. It dims the eye of the soul. Look at the world dominated by the flesh and the devil. What do you see? People who are weary, bored, burnt out, foolish to the point of being stupid, depressed, angry, and dim.

Christ the Sower

In the parable of the Gospel, Our Lord Himself is the Sower. He scatters abroad the seeds of holiness and of happiness, the seeds of the Kingdom. He gives three examples of how not to receive the Word of the Kingdom.

Bookmark and Share

http://vultus.stblogs.org/2007/07/

About Dom Mark

Dom Mark Daniel Kirby is Prior ofSilverstream Priory, under the patronage of Our Lady of the Cenacle, in Stamullen, County Meath, Ireland.

The ecclesial mandate of the fledgling Benedictine community is to intercede for the sanctification of priests by "persevering with one mind in prayer with Mary, the Mother of Jesus" (Acts 1.14) and in adoration and reparation before the Eucharistic Face of Christ.  The community celebrates the Sacred Liturgy (Mass and Divine Office) according to the traditional rites in Latin and with Gregorian Chant.

Thank you Grandmother Comfort in the Wind, that was a great song today, as we are rooted in the earth as always. Love and blessings, your devoted grandchild

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Comfort in the Wind Sunshine Glory Shines <comforti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Aho my beloved grandchildren White Buffalo Calf Woman and Holiness David and all the Rainbow Warriors,

We were talking today in our little gathering about the importance of receiving wise counsel and I was trying to find some scripture that I remembered.  It is good to seek the counsel of God (wise) and it is good to listen to the counsel given.

Proverbs1:5
(Amplified Version)
The wise also will hear and increase in learning, and the person of understanding will acquire skill and attain to sound counsel [so that he may be able to steer his course rightly]—

(Youngs Literal Translation)
The wise doth hear and increaseth learning, And the intelligent doth obtain counsels.

(King James)
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Here are some others that are very beautiful and wonderful also.

Psalm 16:7
I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

Psalm 33:11
The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psalm 55:14
We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.

Psalm 73:24
Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Proverbs 8:14
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

Proverbs 11:14
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 19:20
Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Proverbs 27:9
Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.

Isaiah 11:2
And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isaiah 25:1
O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

Isaiah 28:29
This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.

I want to encourage all of you, our Rainbow Warriors to take advantage of COUNSEL.  White Buffalo Calf Woman and Holiness David are always wanting to gift to you their love, their time, their wisdom, their understanding, their counsel.  Why does it seem like this is thrown to the ground as worthless?  Why do those that are being given this gift, think it of little value?  I know that life is full right now.  So many things demanding our attention.  So many things that distract us.

 The days are just flying by my children and grandchildren, my little ones.  How long will you wait and how long will it take?  For hearts to hold on tight, for souls to find their sacred flight?

"I shall wait until tomorrow, for today I have much to do.
I shall not forget tomorrow but today is gone just like the blew.
I shall wake up tomorrow and then it will all change,
I shall be more attentive, and I shall bless the rain.
But today I am needed elsewhere, today has too much to do.
Tomorrow is the answer, to everything else that is important,
the neighbor and all of yew.
When tomorrow comes, I will be ready then,
for today has used up all my strength and filled me with all the winds.
I shall wait until tomorrow, as today is full of things.
I shall wait until tomorrow, for daylight to begin again.
For tomorrow it will be easier, and tomorrow it will be right,
but today I have so many things that are keeping me from flight."

I love you all, and I do bless the nine directions tall.  Be of good cheer and strength to find you are near.  I pray that you will be, the very heart of the sacred and holy tree.  My love I do send, to help you in the winds.

Your Grandmother Comfort in the Wind, Sunshine Glory Shines, the Missionary Steams
elder gray child

Inline image 1

Teach what is right, that law is the LOVE, then when two hearts is united, we share with intelligence. However if LOVE doesn't lead the way, then we fight to unite LOVE, two broken hearts, then we know that we are walking the truth path, the love to each other, the kind that lasts, over rolling hills in time, over the suns, and into the heart of the blue seas of every one. We are the Prophecy, the Rain upon the Land, so parched, it will need a Rainbow, to serve it home the right way and know where to land (the Rainbow always lands on the pot of gold, abundance, brotherhood)!

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Comfort in the Wind Sunshine Glory Shines <comforti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Aho beloved White Buffalo Calf Woman,
See you soon!  love to every little thing
Grandmother Comfort in the Wind

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM, White Buffalo Calf Woman, your Twin Deer Mother <whitebuffa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Friday: 1:30pm -3:00pm for Golden Kobe, Rainbow Eddy and Grandmother, Holiness David Running Eagle Shooting Star

Aho,

Love passing over the rainbow . . .

White Buffalo Calf Woman and Holiness David Running Eagle Shooting Star

--
Teach what is right, that law is the LOVE, then when two hearts is united, we share with intelligence. However if LOVE doesn't lead the way, then we fight to unite LOVE, two broken hearts, then we know that we are walking the truth path, the love to each other, the kind that lasts, over rolling hills in time, over the suns, and into the heart of the blue seas of every one. We are the Prophecy, the Rain upon the Land, so parched, it will need a Rainbow, to serve it home the right way and know where to land (the Rainbow always lands on the pot of gold, abundance, brotherhood)!

B0002819.JPG
897471361-2.png

Comfort in the Wind Sunshine Glory Shines

Jun 9, 2012, 2:06:41 PM6/9/12
to rainb...@googlegroups.com
Aho my beloved White Buffalo Calf Woman and little children of the Rainbow Clan,

Thank you so much for all the names of the children.  It is very wonderful!  I am so glad that you explained the meaning of Jacob, the name that I had found for Kobe many years ago when I had looked at the meaning of his name.  I didn't understand then the meaning of the 'trickster' and now I understand Jacob more than I had before.  He is always portrayed as quite a terrible person until he received his name Israel.  Tricking his brother for his inheritance and for the blessing that seemed to belong to Esau.  Now I understand that BOTH names were part of his great name.  So much we do not understand.  Thank you for helping us.  There is one correction I need to make.  I didn't explain Kobe's heavenly name to you so you understood and remembered.  He is Central Heart of Shining our Sacred Horn.

I was doing the search again for "come let us counsel together/come let us reason together" as I had found a song that I wanted to share.  I found this on YouTube also.  It is pretty awesome!  Hope everyone enjoys.  (speaking of songs... thank you Grandfather Standing By Me for your songs... they are great!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njof0TH3IwY

And here is the song I was searching for.
http://www.practicapoetica.com/adventist-poetry-and-hymns/songs-of-hope-and-trust/general-hymns/come-let-us-reason-together

Come, Let Us Reason Together

1. Come, let us reason together with the Lord, with the Lord.
Come, let us counsel together with the wise, with the wise.
    But let us not trust to reason alone,
    And let us not trust in self.
We’ll give up our ways, and trust in God instead,
    And in all His promises sure.

2. Wait, let us wait patiently upon the Lord, on the Lord.
Wait, watch and pray, pray together with the wise, with the wise.
    But let us not run ahead of the Lord,
    And let us not lag behind.
We’ll hear and obey the counsels of the Lord,
    As He speaks His word to our hearts.

3. Ask, let us ask for the leading of the Lord, of the Lord.
Seek, let us seek for the pathway of the wise, of the wise.
    For when we ask of the Lord, we receive,
    And when we seek, we shall find.
Let’s knock and the door will open unto us
    To come in and sup with our Lord.

Love to all my little ones and to sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers.  I send a blessing today to make merry in all our waves.  Find your heart to be sacred and holy, a perfect child of God within the Glory of the Arc.

Love Grandmother Comfort in the Wind your Sunshine Glory Shines the Missionary Steams

elder gray child

P.S.  here are some of my names that God has given to me.  Holy Smoke, Harbinger of Life, A Flower Unfolding, Robin - bright and shining, Debra (the bee... the impossible dream), Lynn (pool, lake, waterfall, pretty)  Maybe everyone on hoop 5 will share all their names with us and we can find the meaning of all!  Oh, I just remembered a name that embarrassed and hurt me in Jr High school.  I was taller than many of the boys at that time and some of them called me King Kong, and then would laugh.  There may have been a reason, but to a very shy and backwards young girl it made me go into my shell even more and made me dislike myself and who I was VERY much. I was already different than most the kids in school (religion of my parents) and the name just cemented my awkwardness and aloneness. Funny that it was easier to believe the King Kong than all the other names that God has gifted to me.

Love in the winds to all my darlings and all their holy and PERFECT names ... Grandmother

--
Teach what is right, that law is the LOVE, then when two hearts are united, we share with intelligence. However if LOVE doesn't lead the way, then we fight to unite LOVE, two broken hearts, then we know that we are walking the truth path, the love to each other, the kind that lasts, over rolling hills in time, over the suns, and into the heart of the blue seas of every one. We are the Prophecy, the Rain upon the Land, so parched, it will need a Rainbow, to serve it home the right way and know where to land (the Rainbow always lands on the pot of gold, abundance, brotherhood)!

Your email address to this group is Rainb...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/RainbowClan. Visit www.iamasundance.com to know more. Sanctuary space for children who learn to command the spiritual soul. Blessing the sacred nine directions, with fire and water. Aho, may your spirit flow!

B0002819.JPG
897471361-2.png

White Buffalo Calf Woman, your Twin Deer Mother

Jun 9, 2012, 5:24:30 PM6/9/12
to rainb...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 1Greetings Grandmother Comfort in the Wind,
Is that right, Jacob became Israel, meaning an actual name change while he was alive?

Trickster is a Kachina or Comedian, they all heal. Remember separation, divide, then together collide. much like the golden child. Healing can be done by anyone, by standing our ground. The trickster knows to wait, be patient and take advantage of a situation, which many of us are still learning to dew.

Thanks for the correction of  Central Heart of Shining our Sacred Horn's name. Have corrected it down below. Also thanks for adding your names. We do have many names of God in us all.

Yes, thanks for adding the song. You found it, yay. Maybe I can add it together with the other song "The vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem" below. Anyway want to write an article about the Counsel of the Circle.

Man on the red road understand intelligence, reasoning. But the only way to get here is by receiving each other, through allowing and validation. Only through seeking counsel from your relatives on the circle, can we hear and take advice from our relatives. We start on the blue road. It's not that we can reason together, it's because we can receive each other. This is the first step to growth of the human race, seek counsel of the circle of wise sages, the rainbow clan relatives.

Have to look up sup and it's meaning. Supper, Cantonese number 10 (sky bridge), etc, all about sharing together. Aqua (10) is where we share together, the atmosphere, the embrace of the world, the red streaming river (1/red + 0/flow).

Love and blessings to the sacred nine directions,
White Buffalo Calf Woman your Twin Deer Mother
elder crystal child, alightfromwithin.org
Rainbow Warriors of Prophecy

ps. interesting song by Sinead O'Connor . I think we will dew a song today Holiness and I, about the counsel of the circle, rather than about reasoning, as man only knew how to ask or speak about it as reason. Intelligence is part of the red road, and rainbow colors.

sup 1  (sp)
tr. & intr.v. suppedsup·pingsups
To eat or drink (something) or engage in eating or drinking by taking small swallows or mouthfuls: supped the hot soup; supped away daintily.
n.
A small swallow or mouthful of liquid food; a sip.

[Middle English soupen, from Old English span; see seu-2 in Indo-European roots.]

sup 2  (sp)
intr.v. suppedsup·pingsups
To eat an evening meal; have supper.

[Middle English soupen, from Old French souper, from soupesoup; see soup.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

sup1
vb supssuppingsupped
1. (Cookery) (intr) Archaic to have supper
2. (Cookery) (tr) Obsolete to provide with supper
[from Old French soper; see sup2]

sup2
vb supssuppingsupped
1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Physiology) to partake of (liquid) by swallowing a little at a time
2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Physiology) Scot and northern English dialect to drink
a sip
[Old English sūpan; related to Old High German sūfan, German saufen; see also sup1]
13 months old Marcus Micheal birthed, Changed to Coby Marcus Frederick. Sacred Heart of Shining our Sacred Horn, Super Man, no yellow road third name,
897471361-2.png
B0002819.JPG
RainbowStreams.blogspot.com.RainbowWarriors.jpg

Comfort in the Wind Sunshine Glory Shines

Jun 11, 2012, 6:39:25 PM6/11/12
to rainb...@googlegroups.com
Aho my beloved Granddaughter White Buffalo Calf Woman,

Yes, Jacob was given a name change.... to Israel.   He wrestled with an angel/man/Lord? until he received a blessing.  This is  from Wikipedia...

Israel (name)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Look up Israel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Israel is a Biblical given name. The patriarch Jacob was given the name Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל, Standard Yisraʾel Tiberian Yiśrāʾēl; "Struggled with God") after he wrestled with the angel (Genesis 32:28 and 35:10) The name already occurs in Eblaite and Ugaritic texts as a common name.[1] Commentators differ on the original literal meaning. Some say the name comes from the verb śarar ("to rule, be strong, have authority over"), thereby making the name mean "God rules" or "God judges".[2] Other possible meanings include "the prince of God" (from the King James Version) or "El fights/struggles".[3] Jacob's descendants came to be known as the Israelites, eventually forming the tribes of Israel and ultimately the kingdom of Israel, from whence the name of modern day Israel.

In Israel the name "Israel Israeli" is sometimes used to mean someone whose name is unknown or unspecified.

Genesis 32

24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

32 Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

Aho and love~  in the nine directions complete,