Syntax Coloring for JavaScript within HTML <script> tags is not as shown in Editor Options

Vishal

May 7, 2009, 7:32:30 AM5/7/09
to PyScripter, vsap...@gmail.com, pyscr...@gmail.com
Hi,

When I open an HTML file with Javascript inside it (within the
<script></script> tags), the syntax coloring as shown in Editor
Options, does not take effect. Instead, only the background becomes
light blue, and all characters (regardless of type) become silver or
light grey in color.

I tried changing the background for javascript, but there is no way of
doing it.

Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

Vishal

May 7, 2009, 7:38:45 AM5/7/09
to PyScripter, vsap...@gmail.com, pyscr...@gmail.com
Hi Kiriakos,

Not sure how to attach images to Google Groups posts, hence sending it to you.

Comaparative images are attached.
expected_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp: is the expected look/feel
actual_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp: is the actual look/feel.

PyScripter version: 1.9.9.6

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre
--
Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better !!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else. Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."
expected_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp
actual_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp

PyScripter

May 7, 2009, 9:35:11 AM5/7/09
to PyScripter
It works here fine. Try to delete the PyScripter.ini file at %APPDATA%
\pyscripter and see if this solves the problem.

Or edit it to look like this:
[Highlighters\HTML]
DefaultFilter=HTML Documents (*.htm;*.html)|*.htm;*.html
ActiveHighlighterSwitch=FALSE

[Highlighters\HTML\Engine\Options]
HtmlVersion=shvHtml401Transitional
WmlVersion=swvWml13
CssVersion=scvCss21
PhpVersion=spvPhp5
PhpShortOpenTag=TRUE
PhpAspTags=FALSE

[Highlighters\HTML\Options]
HtmlVersion=shvHtml401Transitional
CssVersion=scvCss21
PhpVersion=spvPhp5
PhpShortOpenTag=TRUE
PhpAspTags=FALSE
CssEmbeded=TRUE
PhpEmbeded=TRUE
EsEmbeded=TRUE
UseEngineOptions=FALSE

On May 7, 2:38 pm, Vishal <vsapr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kiriakos,
>
> Not sure how to attach images to Google Groups posts, hence sending it to
> you.
>
> Comaparative images are attached.expected_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp: is the
>  expected_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp
> 823KViewDownload
>
>  actual_Js_in_pyscripter.bmp
> 2351KViewDownload

Vishal

May 10, 2009, 2:06:30 PM5/10/09
to PyScripter
Hi,

Deleting the INI file did the trick. Now it shows up fine.

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

Daniel

May 21, 2009, 6:27:44 PM5/21/09
to PyScripter
Where is the ini file? I've looked in the location where pyscripter
installed, but there isn't an ini file.

On May 10, 12:06 pm, Vishal <vsapr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Deleting the INI file did the trick. Now it shows up fine.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Vishal Sapre
>
> On May 7, 6:35 pm, PyScripter <pyscrip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It works here fine.  Try to delete the PyScripter.ini file at %APPDATA%
> > \pyscripter and see if this solves the problem.
>
> > Or edit it to look like this:
> > [Highlighters\HTML]
> > DefaultFilter=HTMLDocuments (*.htm;*.html)|*.htm;*.html

PyScripter

May 21, 2009, 6:35:12 PM5/21/09
to PyScripter
PyScripter.ini could be in the following locations:
a) Exe directory
b) %APPDATA% (environment variable)
c) %APPDATA%\Pyscripter

The default location for new installations is the last one.

Daniel

May 22, 2009, 2:34:43 PM5/22/09
to PyScripter
Thanks. I had a few and had to search a little to find and fix the
right one.