Re: Daily Times & AAJ KAL staff waiting for their salarylikebeggars

shahrifat alam

Nov 22, 2009, 7:34:10 AM11/22/09
to najamaziz sethi, kooze...@gmail.com, PressP...@googlegroups.com
I second Mr. Sethi's rejoinder!

Shah Rifat Alam.
Mob: +92-307-444 5554
+92-333-450 3435

-----Original Message-----
From: najamaziz sethi <nsed...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:40:01
To: <kooze...@gmail.com>
Cc: <PressP...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Daily Times & AAJ KAL staff waiting for their salary
likebeggars

Dear Friends,
You should know the facts: I resigned from Daily Times as Editor and from Media Times (which owns Daily Times) as Director on 11 October 2009 after six months of fighting with the management over employee rights, including salaries and increments and downsizing. I was accused by the Chief Financial Officer of taking the side of employees and "bleeding the paper". This is known to the staff. My senior colleagues Khaled Ahmed, Ejaz Haider and Ata Musawwir and Qasim Nauman have also resigned to back up my position. What more can we say?
Najam Sethi

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:53 PM, koozehgar <kooze...@gmail.com <mailto:kooze...@gmail.com> > wrote:
Mr Sethi has a typical bourgeois mindset and handled the DT/Aajkal
staff in exremely discriminatory fashion. it seemed if he had come to
this world to protect the people of his 'class'. No doubt Mr Sethi's
steps in the organization were unbecoming of a professional
journalist. he has a charismatic personality and can improve his human
rights record.

On Nov 16, 9:36 am, "shahrifat alam " <shahrifata...@hotmail.com <mailto:shahrifata...@hotmail.com> >
wrote:
> It is very sad indeed that the newspaper I put together literally piece by piece has fallen on such bad times!
>
> I am greatly pained and I've told Salmaan so!
>
> However, the new editor might set things right if he can but there are some problems that can only be set right by Salmaan!
>
> Cheers!
>
> Shah Rifat Alam.
> Mob: +92-307-444 5554
>         +92-333-450 3435

Abdul Aziz Mohmand

Nov 23, 2009, 4:36:11 AM11/23/09
to nsed...@gmail.com, kooze...@gmail.com, pressp...@googlegroups.com

Domestic life is very expensive because of price rises, ordinary man can’t endeavor  few days without wages. Journalists have rotated out to be allamas over the TV display but when spot their practical characteristic than people abhorrence them for the reason that they are not doing what say.

Regards.

Abdul Aziz Mohmand

Kamran Shafi

Nov 23, 2009, 9:07:44 AM11/23/09
to najamaziz sethi, kooze...@gmail.com, shahrifat alam, PressP...@googlegroups.com
Whilst I might have had differences with the DT's editorial policy at a certain time (no, not at thew time I left it!), I must say I am deeply saddened at its current plight - what fun it was to write for it, and Najam and Ejaz.

I wish Rashid all the very best and hope that the paper rises once again, and that those good people who are in dire straits due to non-payment of dues are soon compensated.

Laat Sahib Bahadur, one-time friend Salmaan, you have the wherewithal to end the misery of those who served your paper so well. Go on, loosen those purse strings - of a rather heavy purse, may I add. But I do wish you well, too, Salmaan.

Best to all,

Kamran Shafi