National Press Club and RIUJ Blacklisted by European Union?

Jawad - USA

Jul 5, 2011, 8:44:47 AM7/5/11
to PressP...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

One of sources just informed that the entry of key officials of National Press Club, Islamabad and RIUJ to entire European Union and the UK has been banned under the charge of human trafficking.

An European Embassy in Islamabad has reportedly interviewed a group of journalists who applied for the visa but during the interview it was exposed that there were many non-journalists having fake Press Cards and supporting documents provided by none other than NPC and RIUJ and hence, the entire group of journalists was blacklisted.

Last year, a female office-bearer of a journalist union also tried to seek asylum during her official visit to Spain, arranged by PFUJ.

Anyone can confirm above or provide more details?

Thanks,

Jawad

Ali Hussain

Jul 5, 2011, 8:55:24 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Can anybody from NPC and RIUJ comment on the allegations....?

--
Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,000 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

Ali Hussain

Staff Reporter
Business Recorder,
Islamabad
Cell No. +92-3455911734

bilal yamin

Jul 5, 2011, 9:01:08 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I expect the office bearer of NPC & RIUJ will probe the matter at length. If any one is involved action is demanded

Bilal Yamin
Editor
Diplomatic Circle

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Jawad - USA <ja...@usa.com> wrote:

samina.reporter

Jul 5, 2011, 9:35:18 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

I just talked with my colleague who is very close to NPC Management. He said it was Hungarian Embassy who caught red-handed non-journalists having fake journalistic documents. Also there are unconfirmed reports that the embassy has formally sent written complaint to FIA and an inquiry has already been initiated against 65 blacklisted journalists. So far, no one from the NPC/RIUJ is confirming or denying such reports being circulated in the media circles of Islamabad.
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Ali Hussain <alihuss...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anybody from NPC and RIUJ comment on the allegations....?

--
Ali Hussain

Staff Reporter
Business Recorder,
Islamabad
Cell No. +92-3455911734

baa...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2011, 9:50:50 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Really serious and alarming allegations if true.

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: Ali Hussain <alihuss...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:55:24 +0500
Subject: Re: National Press Club and RIUJ Blacklisted by European Union?

waheed...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2011, 11:04:28 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I think this is totally fake story coz there is no nomination and even no one have the embassy name. my opinion is this is just election tactics .

Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:50:50 +0000

shahr...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2011, 11:15:29 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

It is really unfortunate that this lady and jawad usa are again spreading rumours, this is my request to all that if you have any evidence regarding this serious allegation please circulate on this forum or send me personally, on behalf of PFUJ, RIUJ and NPC I assure you that if any of our office bearer is blacklisted, we will initiate disciplinary action against him/her.

But please if you have detail make it public and name the journalists blacklisted with evidence, but if you don't have any evidence don't misguide the community.

In my previous mails, I asked you to show your identity, are you really reporter or broker?

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: samina.reporter<samina....@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:35:18 -0400 (EDT)

farooq azam

Jul 5, 2011, 5:03:43 PM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,
A very sad news for media persons if it is true. According to my bit knowledge this is not confirm yet that any European embassy has banned any NPC and RIUJ office bearers. In this God damn campaign a lady from Karachi Dawn is discussed who stayed in Spain for political assylum, she never stayed in SPAIN for asylum, this female journalist is yet performing her professional duty in Karachi.

The persons or group behind this dirty blame game perhaps working for CIA in connection with GAYS AND LESBIANS RIGHTS IN PAKISTAN. what sort of blames they r putting on NPS and PFUJ seems a conspiracy funded and sponsored by anti state elements.

IF THERE IS A GENUINE JOURNALIST/GROUP BEHIND THIS FAKE STORY, HE MUST CAME OUT FROM THE HIDE OUT AND SHOW HIS COURAGE TO THE COMMUNITY.

regards
Farooq Azam

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:15 PM, <shahr...@gmail.com> wrote:

It is really unfortunate that this lady and jawad usa are again spreading rumours, this is my request to all that if you have any evidence regarding this serious allegation please circulate on this forum or send me personally, on behalf of PFUJ, RIUJ and NPC I assure you that if any of our office bearer is blacklisted, we will initiate disciplinary action against him/her.

But please if you have detail make it public and name the journalists blacklisted with evidence, but if you don\'t have any evidence don\'t misguide the community.

In my previous mails, I asked you to show your identity, are you really reporter or broker?

Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone from Warid.

ali....@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2011, 5:25:36 PM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Many people know me - I kalbe Ali - elected Governing body member,NPC request all pls tell us or at my personal mail any details of this incident.
Secondly, maybe somebody posing as media persons came from any city of country with fake IDs and invitation to any embassy in Islamabad, so can U all do anything in such a case.

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: farooq azam<farooq...@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:03:43 -0400 (EDT)

[...]

Sent from my BlackBerryŽ smartphone from Warid.

syed aziz

Jul 5, 2011, 5:46:19 PM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
It's a serious matter, those are involved should be taken to task. Sajid Aziz

The matter must thoroughly be probed by PFUJ n NPC and why their letter pads were used by non journalists to get european visas.

Regards
Mateen Haider

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

From: samina.reporter<samina....@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:35:18 -0400 (EDT)

Mohammad sajid

Jul 6, 2011, 2:11:19 AM7/6/11
to shahr...@gmail.com, pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear sharyar ,I discussed this issue with our senior colleague mr tariq chaudhary as I also got some information in this regard from different people but still failed to get any evidence .I hope mr afzal butt would take necessary action to reach the truth coz its very serious allegations on our community if its true we must take action.Siddeeq Sajid
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

It is really unfortunate that this lady and jawad usa are again spreading rumours, this is my request to all that if you have any evidence regarding this serious allegation please circulate on this forum or send me personally, on behalf of PFUJ, RIUJ and NPC I assure you that if any of our office bearer is blacklisted, we will initiate disciplinary action against him/her.But please if you have detail make it public and name the journalists blacklisted with evidence, but if you don't have any evidence don't misguide the community.In my previous mails, I asked you to show your identity, are you really reporter or broker?
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

tariq....@aaj.tv

Jul 6, 2011, 4:06:09 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
As a responsible jpurnalist I would invite all of u to bring any evidence or proof in favor of these allegations. But if there is no concrete proof than plz stop this useless debate. We memebrs of npc and supportrs of journalist panel are ready to respond to our sympthysers and supports but not to those who are present here with fake I'd ,s . Any body has any proof come to me and me or sheryar will question office bearers but if there s no eveidence than don malign institution.
Best regard
Tariq ch, former president NPC.
Senior vice president PFUJ.

Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:59:05 +0000

Farooq Faisal Khan

Jul 6, 2011, 5:10:02 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear it is very simple Mr jawad who has given this fake information can contact EU office in isb and can have prove. Saddique Sajid you and your collegues are very senior reporters. It is not difficult for U peoples to reach the truth. Saddique sb this topics was being discussed from so many days in your reporting room but no one come with evidence and now the allegation is leveled on mails.

For the information of this forum this was also discussed in a investigation unit of an other english newspaper but their spy come reporters also failed to have the prove.

This is just like this that I have come to know from a source that unmarried sister of Jawad has become pregnant can any body confirm it or Mr jawad can produce medical report that she is vergin.

Farooq Faisal Khan
Chairman Journalists Panel

[...]

Mohammad sajid

Jul 6, 2011, 5:28:56 AM7/6/11
to Farooq Faisal Khan, pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear khan sb, u r absolutely right ,this issue is discussed on different level .I spoke to mr tariq ch as well almost daily and already checked from my sources in FIA and diplomatic core but m still failed to get proof so I think that opposition group is spreading these rumors as some journalists of this group have told me about this ,purpose u know well ,one thing. I want to clarify that n my presence this matter was nt discussed in reporting .about this so called jawad I came to know that he is informer and broker but working in some paper .against me he spread many rumors .Sideeq sajid
[...]

Sent from my BlackBerryŽ Smartphone provided by Ufone

[...]

tariq.mehmood

Jul 6, 2011, 5:56:25 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Dear all.
I am inviting a meeting of friends where I will invite office bearers of NPC .any body in this group or media person is free to come and question officer bearers of npc. But all participants should come with real name and I'd. I will announce the time of meeting after a short while.
Best regards
Tariq ch

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Mohammad sajid <m_sa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jul 6, 2011, 7:54:46 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Tariq Chaudhry sahib

The rejected, dejected and saddist persons are spreading rumors against the elected leadership of Journalists community. Those who have nothing to do are defaming the institution, whether it is Jawad USA or Samina.Broker they have something against those working for community. But this is good as this proves that NPC leadership is delivering.

According to journalistic norms and ethics we should not write or say anything without evidence, but we know that these people are not journalist but brokers.

Still, this is great that you are arranging a meeting on this issue, this shows the commitment of JOURNALIST PANEL.

Waqar Satti,
Senior Reporter,
Express News,
Member FEC, PFUJ

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

Dear sharyar ,I discussed this issue with our senior colleague mr tariq chaudhary as I also got some information in this regard from different people but still failed to get any evidence .I hope mr afzal butt would take necessary action to reach the truth coz its very serious allegations on our community if its true we must take action.Siddeeq Sajid

Sent from my BlackBerryŽ smartphone from Warid.

Jul 6, 2011, 8:12:00 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

AOA,

Today i am informed by my friends ( diplomatic reporters) that Hungarian embassy refused to provide any information regarding this issue of Human trafficking by NPC officials because it would be considered in traitor-ism. No one want to be part of this. but they also confirmed that the matter is not about the Hungarian Visas.

I am hope full that this mess will be resolved by high ops of the group ASAP.

I think NPC high ops should be careful in this regard.

Muhammad Shahbaz Bhutta

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM, <waqarsatti...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Jul 5, 2011, 10:51:42 AM7/5/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I have checked with one of my source who confirmed that none of the office bearers of NPC or RIUJ was blacklisted. it is pertinent to mention here that NPC and RIUJ are not authorized to issue NOC for the visa seekers like Foreign Office does. let me tell you all that according to British Home Office statistics, about 41 per cent of applications for family visitor visas from Pakistan were rejected in 2009. Situation remained the same in 2010. So, rejection of visa is a normal phenomena we can not blame any institution or department for this rejection.

Also, if there has been some cases where fake journalists were rejected visas, why do you think NPC, RIUJ or their office bearers were responsible for that. For God's sake stop blaming / defaming the veteran journalists. Rather than praising these worthy journalists for their tremendous achievements , a section of press seems to be on a malicious campaign against them. Let us join hands to praise these gentlemen whose tireless efforts and personal connections made the journalists community to have a platform in the form of National Press Club Islamabad.

Don't forget their contributions to give thousands of journalists plats to have at least a home in near future here. Would you believe , Musharaf government refused to give funds for building a multistory NPC . However, its was the leadership of  NPC ( I don't want to mention names) which remained successful in getting billion of rupees for construction of eight story building of NPC. I have a long list of their achievements......

An independent firm was hired audit of accounts of NPC, the auditors were surprised to know how the NPC administration maintained the record and could not trace a single case of misuse of funds. Reason is simple, the NPC is being run by well reputed and well paid journalists. Why would they get indulge in misuse of funds or corruption.

Mr Afzal But has served at a key post in Royal TV and now serving as a editor of an Urdu daily at a fair monthly salary. I bet , he can not favour a non-journalist to get a visa for the sake some Lakhs.

Mr Asim Qadeer rana : He's working as a free lancer with a couple of International news organizations since five years. I know personally that he earns a very fair amount sufficient enough to meet expenses of his luxurious  life.

Farooq Faisal: A veteran journalist with sound family background. Do you think he would recommend a fake journalist for minting some hundred thousands?

Mushtaq Minhas: Former president press club and a well known Anchorperson. It is childish to think he can favour a fake journalist............................

So please, be wise enough and stop defaming these worthy gentlemen.

Bangladeshis were the second least successful with a refusal rate of 31 per cent, however only 14 percent Indian visa applications were rejected by the British authorities...."

Dear ch sb, I think no need to convene meeting as nothing is on ground .these are just allegations and waqar satti well said abt these ppl who r behind this .again today I tried to get some credible on this but FIA officials silent on this they didn't receive any complain from any embassy .S.Sajid

From: samina.reporter<samina....@gmail.com>
Sender: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:35:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: <pressp...@googlegroups.com>
ReplyTo: pressp...@googlegroups.com

I just talked with my colleague who is very close to NPC Management. He said it was Hungarian Embassy who caught red-handed non-journalists having fake journalistic documents. Also there are unconfirmed reports that the embassy has formally sent written complaint to FIA and an inquiry has already been initiated against 65 blacklisted journalists. So far, no one from the NPC/RIUJ is confirming or denying such reports being circulated in the media circles of Islamabad.
*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

Waseem Akbar

Jul 6, 2011, 9:05:05 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Tariq Bhai, Today this news is spread like a fire that a group of 7 key journalists from Rawalpindi/Islamabad have already been black listed for the UK. In this regard, a RIUJ office-bearer has provided them fake documents. The office-bearer is also serving as PRO of an embassy of Central Asian country. The female office-bearer who tried to seek political asylum last year in Spain is from KPK who refused to come back to Pakistan and when PFUJ President asked her to get approval from home, a tribal journalist and TUJ office bearer had posed as her blood-relative brother. Please check these reports also as they are really damaging the whole media community of Pakistan here. thanks.

Waseem Akbar,
Ireland

[...]

Altaf Rao

Jul 6, 2011, 10:07:51 AM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

 Its sad!

Necessary measures by taken by the NPC and the RIUJ to get restored its credability by getting maintained their credability in the larger interests of the genuine journalist fraternity. The two organisations should also immediately move for an inquiry into the alleged reports about applying of non and fake journalists.

Altaf Hamid Rao,

Mirpur (AJK).

To: pressp...@googlegroups.com
From: mhmedi...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:59:05 +0000

tariq....@aaj.tv

Jul 6, 2011, 2:50:54 PM7/6/11
to Abid Abdullah, pressp...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
As I earlier announced that I on behalf of journalist panel will convene a meeting of NPC office bearers to discuss the issue of allegation against them. So meeting will be held at 12 30 7 july at NPC. Every memebr , associate memebr is free to come with any evidence or proof against NPc guys.in case some body don want to show his identity he or she can contact me or sheheryar on our cell phones.
Best regards
Tariq ch
Former president NPC,
Senior vice president pfuj
O300 9549042

From: mhmedi...@gmail.com
Sender: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:59:05 +0000
To: <pressp...@googlegroups.com>
ReplyTo: pressp...@googlegroups.com
The matter must thoroughly be probed by PFUJ n NPC and why their letter pads were used by non journalists to get european visas.RegardsMateen Haider

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

Aijaz Ahmed

Jul 6, 2011, 3:37:32 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Farooq Faisal
I always respect you as a man of principles, a friend and as an honest journalist, such a comment against jwad from your side is disgraceful, inhuman and and a step which is not expected fropm a person like you

aijaz

[...]

asad...@city42.tv

Jul 6, 2011, 3:46:26 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Well done Tariq ch sb.

Aijaz Ahmed

Jul 6, 2011, 3:29:59 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Tariq

Instead of convening a meeting of the same people who arefacing charge, it would be better to form a committee consists of non pafrtisan and senior journalists like Ziauddin Sb. Raja Asghar Sb, Madam Mariana Babar  or some others who have access to the press club, The FIA and the diplomatic circles o as a clear picture emerges and our friends in the offices of NPC or RIUJ shall be declared non gulty if the allegation is wrong. This will also close doors for al such conspiracies in future.

Aijaz Ahmed
Ex Assignment Editor
ARY News
Sent: Wed, July 6, 2011 11:50:54 AM
To unsubscribe your email: PressPakistan+unsub...@googlegroups.com

To find other options, please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

--
Ali Hussain

Staff Reporter
Business Recorder,
Islamabad
Cell No. +92-3455911734

[...]

sohail iqbal

Jul 6, 2011, 4:49:23 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Hi fellow collegues,
I have been following different debates on this google group since several months without participating in it. Most of the time I feel ashmed when some of our respected journalist collegues waste their precious time on defending matters that I believe are being raised by agents of political parties/military establishment with ulterior motives and with an intention to defame journalist community.

Instead of defending fake assertions by annomous persons, we should avoid debate on such matters and come forward to expose these black sheeps "Agents" who had their on vested intrests. Rather a joint resolution be adopted against these fake/annonomous journalists with demanding from the 'Press Pakistan Google Group' to black list these black sheeps.

Warm Personal Regards

Sohail Iqbal
Editor Europe
Online International News Network

> To: abid.a...@live.com; pressp...@googlegroups.com

> Subject: Re: National Press Club and RIUJ Blacklisted by European Union?

> From: tariq....@aaj.tv
> Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:50:54 +0000

> To find other options, please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
> ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>

> --
> Ali Hussain
>
> Staff Reporter
> Business Recorder,
> Islamabad
> Cell No. +92-3455911734
>

> --
> Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,000 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.
>
> Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

> To find other options, please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
> ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>
> --
> Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,000 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.
>
> Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

> To find other options, please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/PressPakistan
> ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>
> --
> Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,000 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.
>
> Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

shahr...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2011, 5:55:11 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Aijaz sahib,

The person who comes up each time with a new rumor deserves a treatment like this. Farooq Faisal is the person who asked me to stop responding the allegations of people with fake ID. Now if he is responding that means enough is enough mate and now we would not tolerate false allegations and even would go to court and cyber crime wing against the rejected and dejected people.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: Aijaz Ahmed <k_ai...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:37:32 -0700 (PDT)

col.suleman

Jul 6, 2011, 6:32:12 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Faisal Farooq admitted that this topic was being discussed from so many days in a investigation unit of an English newspaper and finally goes online. Did any of you bother to ask your "God Father" to inform what was the paper name and who were discussing this topic there? Usage of foul and below the belt language should be discouraged strictly.

By the way, whats about false allegations against the ISI and security agencies by journalist community? Think about it.

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:55 AM, <shahr...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Nasar Malik

Jul 6, 2011, 6:34:03 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
STOP! spreading these rumors, there is nothing like this.
regards,
Nasar Malik, Journalist,
Member:
Danish (National) Union of Journalists.
The Foreign Press Association, Denmark.
International Federation of Journalists. Brussels.

Shakir Qureshi

Jul 6, 2011, 6:58:59 PM7/6/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
ATTN : Admin,

presspakistan@googlegroups is grown very big in number and i must say there are 100 of 100 very important people as well ......

BUT

FAKE stories & False allegations became very easy to circulate which are upsetting as well as dangerous,

the group administrator must look into it ;
1- if some people doing it to damage it's reputation OR
2- few insiders are doing it for cheap popularity & fun ...??

both the two reasons will cause a ''SHUT DOWN'' demand ...... soon.

ShakirQureshi,
Karwan e Fikar-UK.

Javed Akhtar

Jul 7, 2011, 2:37:59 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Agreed with Suleman and Aijaz the language farooq faisal used is very indecent and does not suits to a senior journalists Hazrat Ali nay farmaya" KOI SHEESHA INSAN KEE ITNI HAQEEQI TASWEER PESH NAHE KAR SAKTA JITNI HAQIWEEQI TASWEER US KI GUFTGU KARTI HAY "
THIS IS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE AND ALL JOURNALISTS MUST JOIN HANDS TO UNVIEL THESE BLACK SHEEPS AND WE HOPE MR TARIQ CHAUDERY WILL NOT BECOME PART OF THIS HUMAN TRAFFICKING BY SUPPORTING THESE BLACK SHEEPS

[...]

tariq.mehmood

Jul 7, 2011, 2:50:40 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Reminder,
Meeting to question NPC leadership on the issue of allegations of visa and so called black listing against them will be held at 12 30. I invite all concerned to come and attend.
Tnx

Tariq ch
Sent from my BlackBerry� Smartphone provided by Ufone

From: Shakir Qureshi <shakirq...@googlemail.com>
Sender: pressp...@googlegroups.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 23:58:59 +0100
To: <pressp...@googlegroups.com>

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Mohammad sajid <m_sa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]

shahr...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2011, 3:48:13 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

Col suleman I am not answerable to any Gen or Col, I am answerable only to my community.

I was defending my colleagues and you came to defend yours. Now we are clear who is JAWAD USA.

Another point you raised about allegations against army and ISI, my dear did any leader or office bearer of PFUJ, RIUJ or NPC blame anyone for Salim Shahzad murder, we just demands free inquiry.

I don't know if this press pakistan why there are general or colonels on this list. Army personnels should have their own group like Askaricommercialgruop@$mail.com

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

From: col.suleman<col.s...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:32:12 -0400 (EDT)

[...]

tariq....@aaj.tv

Jul 7, 2011, 3:55:47 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I already requested all of u bring evidence and proof in favor of ur allegation.I am waiting sitting in npc to see any letter or document or any letter from any embassy. I assure you that office bearers are accountble to allof us. But plz bring proof and help us in questioning. If there is no prrof than it will be use less debate and I will consdier it as new episode of old series of allegations against sacred institution of NPc.

Tariq ch

Sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone provided by Ufone

From: Javed Akhtar <javedak...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 23:37:59 -0700

sahir geo

Jul 7, 2011, 4:04:31 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com

100% agree with Waqar Satti Sb! We must acknowledge that the freedom of expression and freedom to ask ask questions were conducted under reign of Islamic rulers. Hazrat Umar RA the reigning caliph was answerable to his people upon having extra from what his people had. Once shawls were given out in the whole region (or may be a city) to almost everyone, one shawl for one person. People sitting in a gathering saw that Hazrat Umar RA had two shawls on his shoulders and one of the persons stood up and questioned that everyone has 1 shawl, how come you being the Khalifa wear 2 shawls. Hazrat Umar RA was answerable to everyone and told him politely that it was his son's shawl he had on his other shoulder.

The allegation against Caliph Umar was based on some misunderstanding or you can say it false but unlike our journalist leaders, the Caliph did not abuse the person and handled the situation in a nice way. Mahatma Gandhi once said: �Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.� Thanks!

www.urduhamasr.dk

[...]

mhmedi...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2011, 4:56:42 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Fully agreed with shahryar Mr Col suleman plz identify urself and do not indulge in debate with journalists because u r simply outsider and nothing to do with media or mediapersons. The type of rumours Jawad is spreading are disliked by every one.

*** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from Mobilink ***

Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:48:13 +0000

Zabbar Khan

Jul 7, 2011, 9:44:45 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tariq Ch,
What was the result of today's meeting at NPC and any press release issued?

I just found this rumor is also picked by Daily News, evening newspaper of Jang Group and got published on the front page of yesterday's paper under the heading: "Entry of group of journalists banned in UK, EU"

Daily News, founded by Mir Khalil ur Rahman is largest circulated English Evening Daily of Pakistan.

Entry of group of journalists banned in UK, EU

By Staff Reporter

KARACHI, July 6: Entry of key officials of National Press Club, Islamabad and RIUJ to EU and UK, has been banned on the charge of human trafficking.
According to reports, an European Embassy in Islamabad has reportedly interviewed a group of journalists who applied for the visa but during the interview it was exposed that there were many non-journalists having fake Press Cards and supporting documents provided by National Press Club and RIUJ and hence, the entire group of journalists was blacklisted. It may be mentioned here that last year, a female officebearer of a journalist union also tried to seek asylum during her official visit to Spain.
There are reports that a group of seven known journalists have already been black-listed for UK. According to non-confirmed reports, total number of black-listed journalists are 65 which include almost all important office-bearers of journalists bodies.

Kalbe Ali

Jul 7, 2011, 10:36:29 AM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I think Aijaz is correct that we need to expand the scope of
investigation and I would like that the Diplomatic Journalists
Association should come with thier list of members as they are more
close with the embassies and almost all the memebrs of the Association
are affiliated with press club and the union.
Maybe its some member of the Association involved in this thing, of
getting visas for his/ her Friends.
Best kalb Ali,
member Governing Body NPC

>> ** Fully agreed with shahryar Mr Col suleman plz identify urself and do

>> not indulge in debate with journalists because u r simply outsider and
>> nothing to do with media or mediapersons. The type of rumours Jawad is
>> spreading are disliked by every one.
>>
>> *** This Message Has Been Sent Using BlackBerry Internet Service from
>> Mobilink ***

>> ------------------------------
>> *From: * shahr...@gmail.com
>> *Sender: * pressp...@googlegroups.com
>> *Date: *Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:48:13 +0000
>> *To: *<pressp...@googlegroups.com>
>> *ReplyTo: * pressp...@googlegroups.com
>> *Subject: *Re: National Press Club and RIUJ Blacklisted by European Union?

>> Col suleman I am not answerable to any Gen or Col, I am answerable only to
>> my community.
>>
>> I was defending my colleagues and you came to defend yours. Now we are
>> clear who is JAWAD USA.
>>
>> Another point you raised about allegations against army and ISI, my dear
>> did any leader or office bearer of PFUJ, RIUJ or NPC blame anyone for
>> Salim
>> Shahzad murder, we just demands free inquiry.
>>
>> I don't know if this press pakistan why there are general or colonels on
>> this list. Army personnels should have their own group like
>> Askaricommercialgruop@$mail.com
>>

>> Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

>> ------------------------------
>> *From: * col.suleman<col.s...@gmail.com>
>> *Sender: * pressp...@googlegroups.com
>> *Date: *Wed, 6 Jul 2011 18:32:12 -0400 (EDT)
>> *To: *<pressp...@googlegroups.com>
>> *ReplyTo: * pressp...@googlegroups.com
>> *Subject: *Re: National Press Club and RIUJ Blacklisted by European Union?

Mushtaq Hussain

Jul 7, 2011, 1:25:37 PM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleges and friends,

The survival of any group, community or nation is in the "unity". Let us not prey to any conspiracy theory to dent our image nationally and across the globe. As for as fake doucments and blacklisted jounalist are concered, let me make it clear that there is nothing true in this regard. I personally probed into the matter to know the facts. However there were no evidence that fake documents were issued by NPC. I personally checked all the record and discuss the issue in depth with the NPC elected body as well. Let us have joint hand and demand evidence from thenews reporter who has published this news piece. If he fails to produce any evidence in this regard, we all must demand exemplary punishment for him. Leveling such a serious allegation without any poofs has been damaging the credibility of NPC which is property of entire journalist community. This does not belong to any specific group. Let us be pragmatic in this regard and realizing the sensitivity of the issue should stop blame game.  TheNews staff reporter who have published this news must produce the evidence otherwise this may be considered a " Huge Conspiracy" against the Journalist community in Paksitan.
Kind Regards,

Mushtaq H. Mughal
Senior Correspondent
Daily TheNation ( Naw-i-Waqt Group)
Islamabad-Paksitan
Member National Press Club Islamabad
Cell:   00 92- 300-5207958
Cell:   00 92- 332-3068627
E-mail: mushta...@hotmail.com
           mushtaq...@gmail.com

Aijaz Ahmed

Jul 7, 2011, 5:13:39 PM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
Shaheryar

We as community should be united, I agree to the point you made, but my dear weas community arereflection ofrthe society, we most of the time publish news from unconfirmed sources or for example aik baray siastdan kay khilaf pachas karor kay ghaban kay alzam mian tahqiqat ka aaghaz" while publishing such news item we do not feel ourselve answerable to any one even to those who spend money to read or listen our stories. We as community condemn corruption, but when it comes to us we use to get flare up. I agree that the present office bearer are our leaders, and despite the opposition from me or other fellow colleagues, they are leaders of the community and we should sup;port them, the suggestion I made was inthis context because after the jawad posted it the matter becomes public and we should respond to the issue in a civilised manner.

I agree that Farooq Faisal stopped you responding nonesense mails and that is why I respect him, althoughI have reservations that he is not member of our Union, but he is the one who calls shots for last few years, even than I respect him and consider him a man of calliber and when I red the sentence about sister whetehr a moke or real, I believe that the man like faisal should not utter these words as he is senior and role model for many new professional journalists as he is a thorough professional himself.

Hope you will understand my point, and my dear a thorough investigation of the issue will close the debate once and for all, and will also strengthen community.

aijaz

Jul 7, 2011, 5:19:56 PM7/7/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
I welcome the suggestion of Kalbe Ali, but my dear why we are so afraid of adopting aright path, corruptio is a menace whether it is committed by NPC office Bearers or the diplomatic Correspondents Association members, but NPC and RIUJ office braeres are our leaders and we shall support them by getting cleared through alagitimate process and a committee of undisputed seniors and men of characters. Individuals act is wrong, but if it is commtted by any body or institution it is crime

aijaz

--
Beware of impostors: The original press group founded in 2008 and having more than 14,000 authentic journalist members is Press Pakistan.

Press Card, Press Club and Press Pakistan- connecting the journalist community

irfan malik

Jul 8, 2011, 4:36:34 AM7/8/11
to pressp...@googlegroups.com
i also had try to get information about the issue.. i personaly
contact to 12 FIA Investigators belongs 2 immigration deptt.. but
honestly they have no complain about such issue. if some one have
evedience than he he must have to share with community..bcoz its
the matter of our survival.. but im sure that there is nothing on
ground...