Lord Caspar Sasha Ivor Spencer-Churchill

Michael Rhodes

Oct 20, 2008, 4:55:47 PM10/20/08
to Peerage News
Edla Spencer-Churchill, styled Marchioness of Blandford, 2nd wife,
since 2002, of (Charles) James Spencer-Churchill, styled Marquess of
Blandford (b 24 Nov 1955), gave birth to a son, Lord Caspar Sasha Ivor
Spencer-Churchill, circa September, 2008, in Wales, a brother for
Lady Araminta Clementine Megan Spencer-Churchill, b c Apr 2007,
and a half-brother for George, Earl of Sunderland (b 1992).

The Marquess is the elder son & heir of the 11th Duke of Marlborough
(b 13 Apr 1926), of Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, by his first late
wife,
the former Susan Hornby (b 19 Oct 1929, d 27 Jan 2005) (later wife of
(ii) Alan Heber-Percy (b 1935), scion of the Dukes of Northumberland,
& (iii) Mr John Osborne Gough, MBE (b 1932)). The Marchioness of
Blandford (b c. 1968), is the daughter of Mr Alun Griffiths and his
wife, Pauline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1078901/Beeb-cuts-comedy-Jennifer.html

(scroll down for article)

==

marquess

Oct 20, 2008, 7:03:57 PM10/20/08
to Peerage News
Good news, I do like the choice of names, I don't think that here has
ever been a lord Caspar before, though lord Sasha would be have been a
bit more exotic.

On 20 Oct, 08:55, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1078901/Beeb-cuts-comedy-Jenn...

Croft

Oct 21, 2008, 7:42:43 AM10/21/08
to Peerage News
Casper makes me think of the 'friendly ghost' or Prince Caspian of
Narnia fame. Sasha is mostly used as a girls name in wider public
usage but it would hardly cause confusion in this case. It reminds me
of the fantastically named son of the 4th Duke of Hamilton - Lord
Anne.

marquess

Oct 21, 2008, 8:06:30 AM10/21/08
to Peerage News
Still as long as lord goes before it there will be no mistake over the
gender or event he perception of the gender. As to Sasha what about
Sasha destelle the famous male singer?

Michael Rhodes

Oct 21, 2008, 10:44:47 AM10/21/08
to Peerage News

On 21 Oct, 13:06, marquess <marquessmarqu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Still as long as lord goes before it there will be no mistake over the
> gender or event he perception of the gender. As to Sasha what about
> Sasha destelle the famous male singer?

Isn't usualy spelling for a man - SACHA?
The singer is Sacha Distel.

Richard R

Oct 21, 2008, 3:41:16 PM10/21/08
to Peerage News
As to these names appearing in the peerage, we need look no further
than the apparent heirs of Viscount Blakenham (the Hon Caspar John
Hare) and Lady Darcy de Knayth (the Hon Caspar David Ingrams), to name
but two. There are also the more romantic sounding Count Caspar Franz
Maximilian dell'Aquila d'Aragona in the Earl of Portland's collaterals
(descendant of the 1st earl) and Count Caspar Maximilian Otto von
Bismarck Schonhausen, whose great uncle is the 11th Baron Monson.
As to Sacha/Sasha, M Distel may please himself of course but over here
the spellings are interchangable with the sexes. The Hon Sacha William
Robin Gurdon is the heir of 3rd Baron Cranworth and, having allied
himself with a scion of the Bates Bt family, has produced two sons -
neither of whom bear his distinctive first name! In the family of our
own dear Queen we find one James Russell Colman (17th Earl of
Strathmore's nephew) married to Sacha Louisa Cotterell. The present
Earl of Jersey's mother is one Sacha Jane (Sandra) Hooper, formerly
styled Viscountess Villiers but now plain Mrs Raymond Hubbard (3rd
time lucky?) What about Sashas? Lord Carter of Coles (LP) dau is the
Hon Sasha Beatrice Carter. Lady Sara Money (Scott by first marriage
and nee Gordon) admittedly an adopted dau of 4th Marquess of Aberdeen
& Temair has a son, Sasha Adam Quintus Scott. I won't go on!

On Oct 21, 3:44 pm, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>