Isla Mary Rose Petty Fitzmaurice

Michael Rhodes

Sep 7, 2008, 7:30:38 PM9/7/08
to Peerage News
Lady William Petty-Fitzmaurice (née Sansum), wife since 2004 of Lord
William Nicholas Charles Petty-Fitzmaurice (b. 1973), of Bowood,
Wiltshire, scion of the Marquesses of Lansdowne, gave birth to a
daughter, Isla Mary Rose, 30 August, 2008, a sister for
Zara Frances Elaine, who was b 1 November, 2006.

Lord William is the second son of the 9th Marquess of Lansdowne by
his
first wife Lady Frances Helen Mary Eliot, & Lady William is the
former
Rebecca Sansum, of Chippenham, Wiltshire.

=====

marquess

Sep 8, 2008, 6:59:20 AM9/8/08
to Peerage News
Another disappointment in terms of the peerage, does anyone know if
the Earl of Kerry has managed a male heir or his cousin who married
recently? At the rate these guys are going the marquisate will become
extinct!

On 7 Sep, 11:30, Michael Rhodes <mig73allenford2...@yahoo.co.uk>

Richard R

Sep 8, 2008, 7:25:27 AM9/8/08
to Peerage News
No further recent marriages or births so far as one can see. The
complete line of succession to the marquessate appears to be:

1 The Earl of Kerry (who will celebrate his 39th year of bachelorhood
on 24 November this year)
2 Lord William Petty-FitzMaurice (the proud father of two daughters)
3 Lord Robert Mercer-Nairne (the present peer's brother)
4 Samuel Mercer-Nairne b 1976, unmarried (eld son of 3)
5 Joseph Mercer-Nairne b 1980, married 2006 but no issue so far
(younger son of 3)

marquess

Sep 8, 2008, 8:31:49 AM9/8/08
to Peerage News
Gloomy this one could well go down the extinction route pretty soon,
and it would be a big shame as they have held a peerage in the male
line since 1200 something.

Turenne

Sep 8, 2008, 4:30:17 PM9/8/08
to Peerage News
Does anyone know why Major Lord Charles George Francis Mercer Nairne
Petty-FitzMaurice added 'Mercer-Nairne' to his name and why the 8th
marquess's son, Lord Robert dropped the 'Petty-Fitzmaurice'. I note
that the 4th marquess's wife was born Emily Mercer-Elphinstone-de
Flahault (Baroness Nairne) but can't for the life of me understand why
the family name was later dropped. Any thoughts?

Richard Lichten

marquess

Sep 9, 2008, 8:28:12 PM9/9/08
to Peerage News
I was always curious about that, because the Petty Fitzmaurice is the
older part of the name and Nairne merely represents the lordship of
that name. A family of such antiquity should stick to the older name.
Still at the rate they are going it will be only of academic interest.

Turenne

Sep 10, 2008, 5:35:24 AM9/10/08
to Peerage News
It's probably something to do with an inheritance, in the same way as
Lord George Sackville changed his name to Germaine.

RL

Shinjinee

Nov 2, 2008, 12:50:31 PM11/2/08
to Peerage News
Wasn't Sam Mercer-Nairne engaged 1 October 2005 to a Claire Aussudre?
What happened?

Shinjinee

bx...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2008, 3:49:11 PM11/3/08
to Peerage News
Per Debrett's 2008, they wed in 2006. No children to date.

Brooke