PCMan X with UAO and shift encoding

Yu-Chun Wang

Apr 6, 2008, 4:39:52 AM4/6/08
to PCManX
Hi, everyone.

I have merged the UAO (Unicode-add-on, Unicode補完計畫) conversion table
for BIG-5 encoding into PCMan X based on version 0.3.7. UAO is widely-
used in Taiwan BBS systems.

Besides, I also modified PCMan X to support shift encoding in BIG-5.
Due to the request of the Korean bulletin board at PTT (telnet://
ptt.cc), I added a module to recognize the pre-defined control
sequences to change the encoding internally from BIG-5 to EUC-KR or
backward. It makes the Chinese BIG-5 strings and Korean EUC-KR strings
can be shown on the same screen.

You can download the source code at here.
http://cobra.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~mainlander/pcman-mls/pcmanx-mls-gtk2-0.3.7.1.tar

jserv made some patch files for me.
http://jserv.sayya.org/tmp/pcmanx-gtk2-mls-support.patch
http://jserv.sayya.org/tmp/pcmanx-gtk2-mls-support-table.tar.bz2

I hope there are some people can help me merge my modification into
SVN main branch.

Best regards,
Yu-Chun Wang <alb...@ms57.hinet.net>

Jim Huang

Jun 17, 2008, 2:50:43 PM6/17/08
to PCM...@googlegroups.com, Yu-Chun Wang
2008/4/6 Yu-Chun Wang <mainlan...@gmail.com>:

> I have merged the UAO (Unicode-add-on, Unicode補完計畫) conversion table
> for BIG-5 encoding into PCMan X based on version 0.3.7. UAO is widely-
> used in Taiwan BBS systems.

hi mainlander,

Sorry for being absent for merging your great work into PCManX.
I think it sould be ready for latest SVN now.

> Besides, I also modified PCMan X to support shift encoding in BIG-5.
> Due to the request of the Korean bulletin board at PTT (telnet://
> ptt.cc), I added a module to recognize the pre-defined control
> sequences to change the encoding internally from BIG-5 to EUC-KR or
> backward. It makes the Chinese BIG-5 strings and Korean EUC-KR strings
> can be shown on the same screen.
>
> You can download the source code at here.
> http://cobra.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~mainlander/pcman-mls/pcmanx-mls-gtk2-0.3.7.1.tar
>
> jserv made some patch files for me.
> http://jserv.sayya.org/tmp/pcmanx-gtk2-mls-support.patch
> http://jserv.sayya.org/tmp/pcmanx-gtk2-mls-support-table.tar.bz2

So, did you make new progress within the two months? I would like to
check in my modifications adapting your essential work first, and then
you can rebase the UAO specific development later. How do you think?

Thanks,
-jserv

Yu-Chun Wang

Jun 21, 2008, 1:38:19 AM6/21/08
to PCManX
Dear jserv,

On 6月18日, 上午2時50分, "Jim Huang" <jserv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/4/6 Yu-Chun Wang <mainlander1...@gmail.com>:
>
> > I have merged the UAO (Unicode-add-on, Unicode補完計畫) conversion table
> > for BIG-5 encoding into PCMan X based on version 0.3.7. UAO is widely-
> > used in Taiwan BBS systems.
>
> hi mainlander,
>
> Sorry for being absent for merging your great work into PCManX.
> I think it sould be ready for latest SVN now.
>
> > Besides, I also modified PCMan X to support shift encoding in BIG-5.
> > Due to the request of the Korean bulletin board at PTT (telnet://
> > ptt.cc), I added a module to recognize the pre-defined control
> > sequences to change the encoding internally from BIG-5 to EUC-KR or
> > backward. It makes the Chinese BIG-5 strings and Korean EUC-KR strings
> > can be shown on the same screen.
>
> > You can download the source code at here.
> >http://cobra.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~mainlander/pcman-mls/pcmanx-mls-gtk2-0.3....
>
> > jserv made some patch files for me.
> >http://jserv.sayya.org/tmp/pcmanx-gtk2-mls-support.patch
> >http://jserv.sayya.org/tmp/pcmanx-gtk2-mls-support-table.tar.bz2
>
> So, did you make new progress within the two months? I would like to
> check in my modifications adapting your essential work first, and then
> you can rebase the UAO specific development later. How do you think?

Due to the lack of time, I have not made any modification in this two
months.
Thanks for your help to adopt my modification.
Please go ahead and I will try to make more contribution after I
finish my thesis.
> Thanks,
> -jserv

Best reagrds,