Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
MassLep
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
MassLep
1–30 of 17366
Welcome to the Massachusetts Butterflies listserv! Please share your MA butterfly sightings and questions and always sign your posts with your full name and town. Enjoy!
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Wendy Howes
Oct 8
Butterflies in Hubbardston today
Observed at Mt. Jefferson Conservation Area in Hubbardston today 10/8: At least 4 Clouded Sulphur 1
unread,
Butterflies in Hubbardston today
Observed at Mt. Jefferson Conservation Area in Hubbardston today 10/8: At least 4 Clouded Sulphur 1
Oct 8
LisaH
Oct 8
Arlington yard 10/8
American Copper- 1 Monarchs- 3 Orange Sulphur- 1 Cabbage White- 1 Lisa Wolfe/Peter Loshin
unread,
Arlington yard 10/8
American Copper- 1 Monarchs- 3 Orange Sulphur- 1 Cabbage White- 1 Lisa Wolfe/Peter Loshin
Oct 8
Donald ADAMS
Oct 8
Lep Activity Here Today ....
...at 'Adams Farm', West Bridgewater Got a late start Lepping today, but did get to see ...
unread,
Lep Activity Here Today ....
...at 'Adams Farm', West Bridgewater Got a late start Lepping today, but did get to see ...
Oct 8
Peter Loshin
Oct 8
2026-10-07 The Food Project fields Lincoln MA
I went back to the Food Project fields in Lincoln MA yesterday for a short visit around noon, and I
unread,
2026-10-07 The Food Project fields Lincoln MA
I went back to the Food Project fields in Lincoln MA yesterday for a short visit around noon, and I
Oct 8
Marjorie
Oct 7
Butterflies Georgetown 10-7-26
Today I had one Monarch and one American Lady on my butterfly bush. The Lady didn't stay long
unread,
Butterflies Georgetown 10-7-26
Today I had one Monarch and one American Lady on my butterfly bush. The Lady didn't stay long
Oct 7
LisaH
Oct 6
Arlington yard
Today: 1 Monarch 2 American Ladies Yesterday: 1 Monarch 1 American Lady 1 Cabbage White Lisa Wolfe
unread,
Arlington yard
Today: 1 Monarch 2 American Ladies Yesterday: 1 Monarch 1 American Lady 1 Cabbage White Lisa Wolfe
Oct 6
Emily Sz
Oct 6
Butterfly
Saw an American Copper on my Waltham Market Basket walk, Border Rd. Correct if I have the incorrect
unread,
Butterfly
Saw an American Copper on my Waltham Market Basket walk, Border Rd. Correct if I have the incorrect
Oct 6
William Benner
Oct 6
Spicebush Swallowtail
In the garden yesterday, very worn. Bill Benner Joe Wicinski
unread,
Spicebush Swallowtail
In the garden yesterday, very worn. Bill Benner Joe Wicinski
Oct 6
Wendy Howes
Oct 6
Ware and home (Hardwick), 10/5
On the rail trail in Ware on 10/5 we saw 1 Clouded Sulphur, one Eastern Comma, and one Monarch. Here
unread,
Ware and home (Hardwick), 10/5
On the rail trail in Ware on 10/5 we saw 1 Clouded Sulphur, one Eastern Comma, and one Monarch. Here
Oct 6
Linda G.
Oct 6
Somerville 10/6/2026
On the corner of Beacon St. and Ivaloo: Saw the following butterflies nectaring on Buddleia flowers:
unread,
Somerville 10/6/2026
On the corner of Beacon St. and Ivaloo: Saw the following butterflies nectaring on Buddleia flowers:
Oct 6
Dolores Price
Oct 5
Butterflies Sat and Sunday
On Saturday 10/3 in Oxford: clouded sulphur 2 American copper 1 On Sunday 10/4 in Boylston at Tower
unread,
Butterflies Sat and Sunday
On Saturday 10/3 in Oxford: clouded sulphur 2 American copper 1 On Sunday 10/4 in Boylston at Tower
Oct 5
Wendy Howes
Oct 4
Butterflies in New Braintree 10/4
We birded some extensive agricultural fields in New Braintree today. There are numerous vegetable
unread,
Butterflies in New Braintree 10/4
We birded some extensive agricultural fields in New Braintree today. There are numerous vegetable
Oct 4
Peter Loshin
Oct 4
Horn Pond Mountain Woburn MA 2026-10-04
I went to Horn Pond Mountain today for a look around -- it's been a while since I've been
unread,
Horn Pond Mountain Woburn MA 2026-10-04
I went to Horn Pond Mountain today for a look around -- it's been a while since I've been
Oct 4
Susan Hedman
Oct 4
October Butterflies North Shore
Oct. 1 Monarch1 Cabbage White 3 - Hellcat Dike Parker River NWR Oct. 1 Monarch1 , Orange Sulfur 6,
unread,
October Butterflies North Shore
Oct. 1 Monarch1 Cabbage White 3 - Hellcat Dike Parker River NWR Oct. 1 Monarch1 , Orange Sulfur 6,
Oct 4
Peter Loshin
Oct 3
Trip report: 2026-10-03 Food Project fields Lincoln MA
Another beautiful day: mid- to high-60s, full sun. We started at the Food Project fields in Lincoln
unread,
Trip report: 2026-10-03 Food Project fields Lincoln MA
Another beautiful day: mid- to high-60s, full sun. We started at the Food Project fields in Lincoln
Oct 3
LisaH
Oct 3
Arlington yard
No new adults today, but I forgot to mention before that we have a spicebush chrysalis Also today: 2
unread,
Arlington yard
No new adults today, but I forgot to mention before that we have a spicebush chrysalis Also today: 2
Oct 3
Peter Loshin
,
Linda G.
2
Oct 3
Field trip tomorrow (Saturday October 3) Lincoln MA
Note: the fields are in Lincoln. I can't join you this morning, but there is a pollinator meadow
unread,
Field trip tomorrow (Saturday October 3) Lincoln MA
Note: the fields are in Lincoln. I can't join you this morning, but there is a pollinator meadow
Oct 3
Thomas Dodd
Oct 3
Yard butterflies
October 2 Saw 1 mourning cloak fly through the yard Tom Dodd Upton
unread,
Yard butterflies
October 2 Saw 1 mourning cloak fly through the yard Tom Dodd Upton
Oct 3
Peter Loshin
Oct 2
2026-10-02: Food Project Fields, Lincoln and Sedge Meadow, Wayland
I was fooled by the weather forecast yesterday, so I didn't realize it would be perfect weather
unread,
2026-10-02: Food Project Fields, Lincoln and Sedge Meadow, Wayland
I was fooled by the weather forecast yesterday, so I didn't realize it would be perfect weather
Oct 2
Wendy Howes
Oct 2
Butterflies - New Braintree, 10/2
Thank you, Andrew, for coordinating the October Derby! At Winimusset WMA in New Braintree today we
unread,
Butterflies - New Braintree, 10/2
Thank you, Andrew, for coordinating the October Derby! At Winimusset WMA in New Braintree today we
Oct 2
Emily Sz
,
Linda G.
2
Oct 2
Waltham birding & butterflying by bicycle 10-1-26
I could just about make out that moth, Emily. Might be a Celery Looper Moth --- day flying and seen
unread,
Waltham birding & butterflying by bicycle 10-1-26
I could just about make out that moth, Emily. Might be a Celery Looper Moth --- day flying and seen
Oct 2
Andrew Griffith
Oct 1
Wareham, Ma 10/1/26
In the yard her in Wareham today, I had the following: 2 Monarchs 1 Painted Lady 3 American Ladys 2
unread,
Wareham, Ma 10/1/26
In the yard her in Wareham today, I had the following: 2 Monarchs 1 Painted Lady 3 American Ladys 2
Oct 1
Emily Sz
Oct 1
Monarch butterflies
Saw two Monarch Butterflies in Winthrop on 9-30-26. One on Shirley Ave as a friend, her grandson
unread,
Monarch butterflies
Saw two Monarch Butterflies in Winthrop on 9-30-26. One on Shirley Ave as a friend, her grandson
Oct 1
Andrew Griffith
Oct 1
October already? 2026 October Derby begins!
I will be doing my best to do the October Derby again this year. I have been doing it for the past
unread,
October already? 2026 October Derby begins!
I will be doing my best to do the October Derby again this year. I have been doing it for the past
Oct 1
LisaH
Oct 1
Arlington Yard October 1 butterflies
Today: 3 Monarchs 1 American Lady 3 Cabbage Whites Lisa Wolfe
unread,
Arlington Yard October 1 butterflies
Today: 3 Monarchs 1 American Lady 3 Cabbage Whites Lisa Wolfe
Oct 1
Peter Loshin
2
Oct 1
2026-10-01 Food Project Fields, Lincoln MA
Sorry, I posted before attaching a photo. On Thursday, October 1, 2026 at 5:08:17 PM UTC-4 Peter
unread,
2026-10-01 Food Project Fields, Lincoln MA
Sorry, I posted before attaching a photo. On Thursday, October 1, 2026 at 5:08:17 PM UTC-4 Peter
Oct 1
Barbara Volkle
2
Sep 30
Joint Base Cape Cod Survey - comments due 10/1
Just a reminder - comments are due 10/1. -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Joint Base Cape
unread,
Joint Base Cape Cod Survey - comments due 10/1
Just a reminder - comments are due 10/1. -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Joint Base Cape
Sep 30
Wendy Howes
Sep 30
Hardwick 9/29 butterflies
Muddy Brook WMA, Hardwick, 9/29 under cloudy-bright sky: 1 Clouded Sulphur 1 Pearl Crescent 1
unread,
Hardwick 9/29 butterflies
Muddy Brook WMA, Hardwick, 9/29 under cloudy-bright sky: 1 Clouded Sulphur 1 Pearl Crescent 1
Sep 30
Wendy Howes
Sep 28
Butterflies 9/24 in Barre
On one of those wonderful sunny days prior to the nor'easter, on September 24, we had the
unread,
Butterflies 9/24 in Barre
On one of those wonderful sunny days prior to the nor'easter, on September 24, we had the
Sep 28
Dolores Price
Sep 26
Grafton Butterflies sept 23
On Wednesday 9/23 in my garden: summer azure 1 red-spotted purple 1 Dolores Price
unread,
Grafton Butterflies sept 23
On Wednesday 9/23 in my garden: summer azure 1 red-spotted purple 1 Dolores Price
Sep 26