Problem with waiting page

Pavan Maddipati

May 9, 2010, 3:29:05 AM5/9/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

i recorded a script for a website & did dynamic correlation for all required parameters. but when i play the script , sometimes a new page is encountered saying "please wait while your request is been processed" . This page occurs randomly (based on server response time maybe) and has a different URL which keeps changing after about 2 seconds. so script is failing as it cant find the parameter values from the server response(as it sends a wait page instead of actual next page).

I am getting error like

" The parameter wcsparam_text1 could not be found"

I cant use think time for this as wait page is a different url itself. & there is no surety that wait page is definitely going to occur after a particular page (its just random)

How can i get the script to ignore the waitpage & search values in the next valid page only?

Thanx a lot in Advance

Thanks & Regards
Pavan Maddipati

Krishnakanth PPS

May 10, 2010, 3:00:06 PM5/10/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
Dont do Auto Correlation.

Do Manual correlation.

That will solve your problem.

Floris Kraak

May 10, 2010, 4:26:10 PM5/10/10
to lr-loa...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Pavan Maddipati <pava...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i recorded a script for a website & did dynamic correlation for all required
> parameters.

Autocorrelation is a crutch. Time for you to start learn how to walk for real.

> but when i play the script , sometimes a new page is encountered
> saying "please wait while your request is been processed" . This page occurs
> randomly (based on server response time maybe) and has a different URL which
> keeps changing after about 2 seconds. so script is failing as it cant find
> the parameter values from the server response(as it sends a wait page
> instead of actual next page).

This is a fairly classic and simple case. You'll need to do a list of things:

1) Make all web_reg_save_param() and web_reg_find() calls stop causing
errors when the values they were looking for are not getting found.
This is done with the "NotFound=Warning" argument, or possibly with
the "SaveCount=some_parameter" argument to web_reg_find().

2) Add a check for the text "please wait while your request .." etc:
web_reg_find("Savecount=pleasewait", "Text=please wait", LAST);

3) Now build a loop around the entire thing request as follows:

---
lr_save_int(1, "pleasewait");
while( atoi(lr_eval_string("{pleasewait}")) )
{
lr_think_time()

// setup the web_reg_find() and web_reg_save_param() calls here

// do the request and any start/end_transaction statements etc. here.
}

---

4) After that loop you will want to check if your original
web_reg_find() calls still found what they were looking for.
I'm not going to write that code out for you: This is left as an
exercise to the reader :-)

Regards,
Floris
---
'What does it mean to say that one is 48% slower? That's like saying
that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange - maybe it's true, but
anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare them is kind of
sick.'
--- Linus Torvalds