Report insults to the National Anthem

Sarbajit Roy

Jun 20, 2011, 11:02:51 PM6/20/11
to humjanenge
Dear Members

As some of you know I am involved in affairs of a nationalistic religion
(the Brahmo Samaj).

One of the 'acharyas' of my Religion had composed a hymn in 5 verses to
the Lord of Creation which was published in the journal (The Tattwabodhini
Patrika) of Adi Brahmo Samaj in 1908 in Bengali.

In 1911 the first verse of this hymn (with 2 subtle variations) was sung publicly,
and in the open, on the occasion of visit of King George to India as a protest
and reminder that though he may be the temporary Emperor of India, there is
a greater Lord which rules the destiny of Bharat.

The copyright of the entire hymn vests in the Adi Brahmo Samaj and has been
continually refreshed. One of the aspects about this hymn, is that it must be
directly addressed to the Creator in the open and in the daytime.

Unfortunately there are ignorant people who feel that this work belongs to them
and they can use (or misuse) it with impunity- including on National Television
or by reciting it in chambers of public officials with a view to prevent them from
carrying out their business.

Acting on my representative complaint in this behalf, The Government of India
has recently issued a D.O.to the Secretary Ministry of Information & Broadcasting,
enclosing the latest Flag Code / Dishonour to National Emblems Rules etc. asking
for specific actions to be taken on my grievance.

I appeal to our members that if they are aware of any disprespect to National Anthem,
including by mass public singing of the entire National Anthem (ie. first verse of the
Jana Gana Mana)  in enclosed spaces or when the Sun is not visible, to kindly report
it to me. I specify that I am interested in SINGINGs of the Anthem and not the playing
of it or Salutions such as toasts by Armed Forces.

Sarbajit

Joshi NM

Jun 21, 2011, 2:00:16 AM6/21/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
Hello sir,
Thanks for the update.

following link in the message seem to be bad/not working: "
issued a D.O.to the Secretary Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, "

Best regards,
-Joshi NM
*-*-*-*-*-*-

mukund parikh

Jun 21, 2011, 6:36:35 AM6/21/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sarbajit Roy,
Nice & informative but referred D.O. probably not linked or not accessible
Regards
Mukund Parikh.

Jun 21, 2011, 9:27:52 AM6/21/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
1. Where can one get a copy of the said Flag code ?

2. Why not  reproduce the whole code for benefit of all of us, I was not aware of such a  code although I have been singing the anthem for more than 60 years ! It was never part of my education at school / college / work

akhil marfatia,

The Government of India
has recently issued a D.O.to the Secretary Ministry of Information & Broadcasting,
enclosing the latest Flag Code / Dishonour to National Emblems Rules etc. asking
for specific actions to be taken on my grievance.

Wishing you a lifetime of winning days,

Akhil Marfatia

Jun 22, 2011, 2:29:50 AM6/22/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clarification. Look forward your required action. I am really proud of your social services though realized little late, even when we may have different opinion on some points.
Best regards,
Mukund Parikh

Jul 24, 2011, 11:17:56 AM7/24/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
Dear Group members,
                                One of my friend took home loan from ICICI which due to poor fortune went into delayed payment. Recently my friend received notice from ARCIL ( Assett Re Construction Of INDIA ltd. ). The parent lending ICICI has ignored to serve due notices under compliance of securitisation act. Can we ask through RTI act at what consideration the loan has been assigned to ARCIL and other appropriate remedies to protect house and take moratorium in loan repayment schedule. Actual loan amount - Rs 8.03 lacs and repayment amount demanded - Rs 11.16 lacs.

best regards

Ashish

Jitendra P. Shah

Jul 25, 2011, 2:17:51 AM7/25/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
RTI is not applicable to private banks.

-J. P. SHAH 09924106490 or 0285-2674025

Jul 26, 2011, 12:42:14 AM7/26/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
In this case can RTI be filed with ARCIL, in its website ARCIL seems to be funded by SBI and IDBI which in turn are funded by Govt of India.

regards

Ashish
--
best regards

Ashish Kaushik
"winning is not everything...... it's the only thing."

Manoj Pai

Jul 26, 2011, 1:11:25 AM7/26/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
Three Banks that are defined as PA are listed as shareholders of ARCIL.

http://203.115.117.202/Arcil1/about_us/about_us_inside/about_us_inside_shareholders.html

The total shares of these PA ie SBI, IDBI, PNB barely 49.14%. I am not aware of the rest of the shareholders are PA and hence the possibility of ARCIL not being a PA cannot be ruled out.

Do your math before you file an RTI with them. Of course, you are always free to file an RTI with the above three PA in addition to RBI. It would be a good exercise for the list members and examine how ARCIL tries to wriggle out. Something this list has not done for long.

Manoj

Banda Singh

Jul 26, 2011, 1:27:03 AM7/26/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
but complaint against bank can be filed to banking ombudsman, and that can be followed up through RTI.

sarbajit roy

Jul 26, 2011, 1:40:38 AM7/26/11
to HumJanenge Forum People's Right to Information, RTI Act 2005
1) If 2 PSUs come together to create a JV, the child PSU (even if 100%
owned by these PSUs) is not a PA in terms of definition of PA in RTI
ACT UNLESS there is an order / notfn etc. of APPROPRIATE GOVT
establishing / constituting this entity.

2) There is something fishy about Mr Kaushis's friend's case. It must
have taken considerable effort for his friend to run up so many unpaid
dues while "waiting" for statutory notices to be served on him. What
was he doing all this time ??

Sarbajit

On Jul 26, 10:11 am, Manoj Pai <manoj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Three Banks that are defined as PA are listed as shareholders of ARCIL.
>
> http://203.115.117.202/Arcil1/about_us/about_us_inside/about_us_insid...
>
> The total shares of these PA ie SBI, IDBI, PNB barely 49.14%. I am not aware of the rest of the shareholders are PA and hence the possibility of ARCIL not being a PA cannot be ruled out.
>
> Do your math before you file an RTI with them. Of course, you are always free to file an RTI with the above three PA in addition to RBI. It would be a good exercise for the list members and examine how ARCIL tries to wriggle out. Something this list has not done for long.
>
> Manoj

Manoj Pai

Jul 26, 2011, 5:04:58 AM7/26/11
to humja...@googlegroups.com
The exercise would have been an interesting one, otherwise, and more importantly fun.

Pity you let the cat out of the bag, a bit too soon, Sarbajit :-)

Manoj

From: sarbajit roy <sro...@gmail.com>