RTI Act to be amended to extend CIC's term

PMK 1504

Oct 22, 2010, 2:50:56 PM10/22/10
to HumJanenge
The nodal department of personnel and training has recommended to the
Government of India that the path breaking Right to Information Act be
amended to allow a minimum 2 year term for the country's Chief
Information Commissioner.

The amendment will align the posts of Information Commissioners to the
Election Commissioners. The Election Commissioners enjoy a term of 6
years in officer or till 65 years (extendable by 1 year if appointed
as Chief information Commissioner).

The first beneficiary of this amendment is expected to be the present
Chief Information Commissioner Shri Anugraha Narayan Tiwari who
previously headed up the nodal department recommending the amendment.

PMK 1504

Oct 23, 2010, 7:14:41 AM10/23/10
to Vikram Simha
best wishes
Veeresh

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Vikram Simha <vikram...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Dear freind ,
> To the best of my knowledge the code PMK 1504 was being used by the Late Masterji == Prakash kardaley ji Himself . may i known who is using this code , i am not against it but curoisity & transperancy
> N vikramsimha ,trustee RTI study center & KRIA Katte , #12 Sumeru Sir M N Krishna Rao Road , Basvangudi < Bangalore 560004.

Vikram Simha

Oct 23, 2010, 9:43:12 AM10/23/10
to humja...@googlegroups.com
Pl.do not keep me on my toes !