What are btnG.x and btnG.y?

Zaheda

Apr 28, 2008, 3:40:09 PM4/28/08
to Google Search Appliance
Hi,

I've customized Andrea's xhtml xslt stylesheet and I've found that
when I do searches over and over again from my search results page I
get a btnG.x and a btnG.y parameter in my url. What are these?

Does it have something to do with the fact that my search button is an
image?

I would appreciate the help!!

Zaheda

brian

Apr 30, 2008, 8:06:17 AM4/30/08
to Google Search Appliance
Yeah I can't remember exactly what those are but essentially yes, it
has to do with the button. I do know that the GSA does not use these
parameters so you don't have to worry about them.

Brian

Pablo Solera

May 2, 2008, 7:11:13 AM5/2/08
to Google Search Appliance
Whenever you use an image as submit button, your browser will add to
the submit button name the x and y coordinate where the user clicked.
If you press return key to submit it will put x=0 and y=0.

Those coordinates will be added to the name of the submit button.

This has nothing to do with the GSA, just html and browsers.

Best Regards,

Pablo Solera
www.sitesa.com