Virus infected email from resume-thanks@google.com

Jitu

Feb 12, 2010, 4:40:34 AM2/12/10
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
Hi,

I have received email from resume...@google.com as below.

Thank you from Google!

We just received your resume and would like to thank you for your
interest in
working at Google. This email confirms that your application has been
submitted
for an open position.

Our staffing team will carefully assess your qualifications for the
role(s) you
selected and others that may be a fit. Should there be a suitable
match, we
will be sure to get in touch with you.

Click on the attached file to review your submitted application.

Have fun and thanks again for applying to Google!

Google Staffing

BUT I HAVE NOT POSTED ANY C.V. TO GOOGLE.

I CHECKED ATTACHED ZIP FILE IT'S CONTAIN SOME APPLICATION (.EXE) FILE.

onixterry

Feb 12, 2010, 7:10:04 AM2/12/10
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
This is simply SPAM email. Any good spammer can make their emails
appear to come from just about anyone. The email is not from Google.

Terry

On Feb 12, 4:40 am, Jitu <jit...@eim.ae> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have received email from resume-tha...@google.com as below.

JMarkham

Feb 12, 2010, 11:11:51 AM2/12/10
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
What Terry said. Delete is in order for that email. Certainly, don't
touch that .exe, or you'll regret it, I'll wager.

Jeff