Crawl has stopped because network connectivity test of Start URLs failed.

arun....@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2009, 9:18:43 PM6/24/09
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
Hey Guys,

I recently rebooted my GSA running 6.0.0.G22

and now I am receiving this error message: Crawl has stopped because
network connectivity test of Start URLs failed. Refer to the
documentation for more details. On the admin console. and when
searching I get this error message..

Unable to fetch /search?q=*.doc&btnG=Google
+Search&client=default_frontend&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&proxyreload=1proxycustom&sort=date
%3AD%3AL
%3Ad1&entqr=3&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&access=a&site=default_collection.
The index may not be ready. Try again in a minute.

The reason i rebooted is my proxy stylesheets were not updating unless
I used &proxyreload=1

Any help would be great..

arun....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2009, 2:00:01 AM6/25/09
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
It seems that the Error Crawl has stopped because
network connectivity test of Start URLs failed. Refer to the
documentation for more details. has stopped

but i still can not return any results.. still receiving

Unable to fetch /search?q=*.doc&btnG=Google
+Search&client=default_frontend&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=default_f
rontend&proxyreload=1proxycustom&sort=date
%3AD%3AL
%3Ad1&entqr=3&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&access=a&site=default_collection.
The index may not be ready. Try again in a minute.

Cheers

Arun

Prathap

Jun 25, 2009, 5:08:08 AM6/25/09
to Google Search Appliance/Google Mini - Google Search Appliance/Google Mini
Hi Aruna,
It appears like there are issues in serving based on the error
message.

You may consider reviewing the following and contact Google Enterprise
support by writing to enterpris...@google.com

1) Access "Status and Reports -> Crawl Diagnostics" and review the
crawl status for the documents.

Successfully crawled documents will have a page rank and cache
version.

2) Attempt to access the cache version and see if that returns the
content in cache

3) When performing search, test directly on the Google Search
appliance so eliminate the possibility of integration issues.
Attempt to search for simple words instead of using "*.doc"

On Jun 25, 11:00 am, "arun.oak...@gmail.com" <arun.oak...@gmail.com>